Sanken sps077w

chasnbons

HI has anyone got a sanken sps077w either 44 or 48v who's close ish to Stoke that would be prepared to let me borrow it beofre I buy one pls?

I'm prepared to collect and return it, but I don't want to waste money buying one if it's not going to cure the problem

PLEASE help it you can, I REALLY want to see this fixed before I die :crying:

Thanks

Phil

Edited by chasnbons

Right I got a psu being posted today, had no offers of a loan :( so had to buy one, paid 33 quid delivered.

My next question is, would it be possible to repair the knackered one and if so what would I need to do/change.

The problem is that the +24v is dropping under load, it only has enough power to run reel one :eek:

I was on phone ages with Mike from Electrocoin Aftersales and he went through loads of tests with me, but thinking back when I metered it before, the 24v was slightly under then and that was with it only connected to the board, no reels or hopper or anything so in hindsight I suppose I should have been looking into fixing it while all my parts were with Dr Slots :headache:

Anyway if it can be fixed I might as well have a go, nothing to lose by trying.

Any advice guys ?

Thanks

Phil

Right I got a psu being posted today, had no offers of a loan :( so had to buy one, paid 33 quid delivered.

My next question is, would it be possible to repair the knackered one and if so what would I need to do/change.

The problem is that the +24v is dropping under load, it only has enough power to run reel one :eek:

I was on phone ages with Mike from Electrocoin Aftersales and he went through loads of tests with me, but thinking back when I metered it before, the 24v was slightly under then and that was with it only connected to the board, no reels or hopper or anything so in hindsight I suppose I should have been looking into fixing it while all my parts were with Dr Slots :headache:

Anyway if it can be fixed I might as well have a go, nothing to lose by trying.

Any advice guys ?

Thanks

Phil

I'm in the same boat with mine, so maybe we can come up with something together.

I'd normally go for dry joints, then caps and go from there.

Paul

I'm in the same boat with mine, so maybe we can come up with something together.

I'd normally go for dry joints, then caps and go from there.

Paul

Is yours the same one Paul and is it causing same/similar probs as mine.... not enough power from 24v to set up more than 1 reel?

Is yours the same one Paul and is it causing same/similar probs as mine.... not enough power from 24v to set up more than 1 reel?

Mine is saying on/off alarm. It will sometimes run for a bit then, it resets and I get the alarm again.

I'm sure the PSU is dropping off which is causing the reset.

I've had the club version of Crazy Fruits in the past where it just continually resets and that was the PSU.

Paul

Mine is saying on/off alarm. It will sometimes run for a bit then, it resets and I get the alarm again.

I'm sure the PSU is dropping off which is causing the reset.

I've had the club version of Crazy Fruits in the past where it just continually resets and that was the PSU.

Paul

Don't know if you remember but I had that with Magic 7, played fine and then on off on off, sometimes only a cpl of times and sometimes for hours, it usually happened when it had been switched on for ages. It was dry joints just behind where the power plug goes in, resoldered them and it never happened again :D

Could it be anything to do with C55?

This seems to be the 1st connection after the connection pins AND it's part of the 24v supply cos it goes to the 24v pin. You can clearly see that work has been done there before and also on C45.

How (if you can) do you test the brown thing and what reading should I be looking for?

Please bear in mind that I'm thick :D

Thanks

Phil

Could it be anything to do with C55?

This seems to be the 1st connection after the connection pins AND it's part of the 24v supply cos it goes to the 24v pin. You can clearly see that work has been done there before and also on C45.

How (if you can) do you test the brown thing and what reading should I be looking for?

Please bear in mind that I'm thick :D

Thanks

Phil

Take some photos, so at least we'll know what you're referring to :)

Cant you still get these new as i would assume these would still

be in service all over the place :D

I suppose you can but Mike at Electrocoin said it should have either a Sanken or an Electrocoin PSU, I read that somewhere in a manual as well, also Tont said to get Sanken, so that's what I did, but the best bit is it cost 33 quid delivered as opposed to god knows what new plus vat plus delivery, and I've spent way too much on this as it is, was only supposed to be a cheap project, yeah right :lol: :lol:

I suppose you can but Mike at Electrocoin said it should have either a Sanken or an Electrocoin PSU, I read that somewhere in a manual as well, also Tont said to get Sanken, so that's what I did, but the best bit is it cost 33 quid delivered as opposed to god knows what new plus vat plus delivery, and I've spent way too much on this as it is, was only supposed to be a cheap project, yeah right :lol: :lol:

I always find with anything. You go cheap and end up paying more. Loads more

at least with a new one your get a guarantee or warranty of some kind B)

I always find with anything. You go cheap and end up paying more. Loads more

at least with a new one your get a guarantee or warranty of some kind B)

Trust me m8, if this don't solve the problem, then it can ALL go in the bin :eek:

I got no chance of getting my money back if I sell it :( and Steve says soon as it's sorted it can go cos he's sick to death of hearing about it :crying:

Trust me m8, if this don't solve the problem, then it can ALL go in the bin :eek:

I got no chance of getting my money back if I sell it :( and Steve says soon as it's sorted it can go cos he's sick to death of hearing about it :crying:

I bet he is poor fella. Anyway let us know how you get on

and lets hope there is a happy ending :D