old skool cheats

not much being mentioned here in the few days so ill start a topic on ripping machines years ago when i was a kid. most of them were via the wall switch and i remember being caught doing it and slung out.

TOP THE LOT: reset it as soon as it lands on LOSE IT.

" " " " : reset it if it says NOT THIS TIME, you have untill the last reel stop.

SMASH N GRAB VERSION 1: reset it on the smash before nudges empty from the pig, once reset it gives it to you again.

(cant be done on later versions)

CLOUD 999: when a win goes into the bank, as it is paying into the bank switch off. this clears the ram. within the first 10 to 20 quid you get 2 streaks. then you can do it again.

BARX: get a pound in the bank. put one hand on wall switch and one on the collect. press collect as soon as you hear the solenoid hit the wall switch. when it resets the pound is still in the bank as well as one just popped out.

(this was changed on later versions)

there were cheats on monopoly and 777 heaven, 777 heaven i think if you kept putting a half credit in and collecting it it would flash HOLD once. if you made the half credit then into a full one it would hold, on a win you would do this. that was also changed and probably doesnt do it on any of yours.

what tricks did you know? im not starting an illegal post so people go around arcades doing it as these machines are long gone and even if they were in they are bound to have wall switches hidden these days and new programs. im talking about late 80's very early 90's

james

• Like 1

The one i liked was on blackjack club when you got a win you just kept gambling it till it loses.As soon as it loses switch the machine off at the wall then turn it back on, the money what you had just before you pressed gamble is then banked to your winnings pretty cool i thought at the time.:victory:

• Like 2

not much being mentioned here in the few days so ill start a topic on ripping machines years ago when i was a kid. most of them were via the wall switch and i remember being caught doing it and slung out.

TOP THE LOT: reset it as soon as it lands on LOSE IT.

" " " " : reset it if it says NOT THIS TIME, you have untill the last reel stop.

SMASH N GRAB VERSION 1: reset it on the smash before nudges empty from the pig, once reset it gives it to you again.

(cant be done on later versions)

CLOUD 999: when a win goes into the bank, as it is paying into the bank switch off. this clears the ram. within the first 10 to 20 quid you get 2 streaks. then you can do it again.

BARX: get a pound in the bank. put one hand on wall switch and one on the collect. press collect as soon as you hear the solenoid hit the wall switch. when it resets the pound is still in the bank as well as one just popped out.

(this was changed on later versions)

there were cheats on monopoly and 777 heaven, 777 heaven i think if you kept putting a half credit in and collecting it it would flash HOLD once. if you made the half credit then into a full one it would hold, on a win you would do this. that was also changed and probably doesnt do it on any of yours.

what tricks did you know? im not starting an illegal post so people go around arcades doing it as these machines are long gone and even if they were in they are bound to have wall switches hidden these days and new programs. im talking about late 80's very early 90's

james

The 777 Heaven I can confirm..and was chipped out with no return for partial credit. Thinking about the switching off the machine to confuse the RAM, I now kick myself, and wondered why JPM vogue machines had that stupid on off alarm..now know why.

Oldskooler

Exchanges Unlimited and an arcade with dodgy nylon carpet - click 10p on the coin mech after shuffling your feet on the carpet - static causes it to reset - no reset alarm (unlike Line Up) and 1st spin after almost guarantees a win or 2 nudges - then repeat after payout. Empties a treat. Arcade owners fault for having cheap carpet!

bj

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Love the old emptiers...

Secret winners on machines used to be good... I.e the fruit machine doesn't register the win so it thinks it still owes money. Cluedo super sleuth on £5 jackpot. Take stop and step get your blue sevens £3.00 win and repeat. Easy....

People used to spark pink panthers with old lighters to.. Can't quite remember exactly what happened but once machine reset it dropped in feature again... I think if you knew you were gonna lose you could just spark it and play feature on next credit.. It worked with the first simpsons to i think...

Another method (not really an emptier) play the SP.ACE machines with 10p's cause they always used to hesitate on the last go tempting you to play more by bring in good holds.... The list is endless...

777 Heaven part credit one must be the most well known emptier out there.... Loved that machine.... it will never grow old for me.

• 13 years later...

There was loads, BWB videos like Reno, Miami Dice and Monte had free wins in the feature but also the reels were set so you line up the Jackpot which also was a free win, you then had off/on emptiers like sys85s, Ace, M1as, Projects and also manual ones like Barcode and Galaxy, was a free for all for those that were in the loop around that 80s/90s period. Vogues like Big Banker and Big Bucks on (£6) could be done via on/off as had no alarms on it.

The list goes on and I could go on all day with my experiences. 

• Like 1

We used to do the on and off trick (later more sophisticated with a piezo lighter inners) on a game called On Target. When it used to give nudges, you could reset the machine so that the reels would spin one revolution...if you reset it again during the reset spin you could alter the position of the reels until you had a favourable reel position.

Another one was sparking a Nifty Nudge - used to pay out 10p each time.

Same on Bear Climber.

Can't remember the names of all the games we used to hoodwink

3 hours ago, ontarget4u said:

We used to do the on and off trick (later more sophisticated with a piezo lighter inners) on a game called On Target. When it used to give nudges, you could reset the machine so that the reels would spin one revolution...if you reset it again during the reset spin you could alter the position of the reels until you had a favourable reel position.

Same on Bear Climber.

Sounds very time consuming and unprofitable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/31/2022 at 10:41 PM, ontarget4u said:

Same on Bear Climber.

Must try it on my nifty nudge once  i get it working !

• Like 1

Thanks for the offer ,how ever I have three good reeldecks and the bands are pretty good on all three .just having issues getting  the binary reel to read the sensors so hence getting no nudges or wins .with bobs help we'll get there. I have the 10p and 5p version roms and glasses .