New toy! :)

TTX

Just got this off eBay, Astra's Double Cash. It's a tad newer than what I'd normally go for but I couldn't resist the tiny bar top cabinet.

It took a bit of tweaking to get everything working properly again and it seems to run great! :)

Now, does anyone happen to know what the two banks of dip switches do in these Astras? I've worked out that Sw2/7 controls demo mode and it won't finish setting up if Sw1/4 isn't on. Any ideas anyone? :??:

8419.attach

Just got this off eBay, Astra's Double Cash. It's a tad newer than what I'd normally go for but I couldn't resist the tiny bar top cabinet.

It took a bit of tweaking to get everything working properly again and it seems to run great! :)

Now, does anyone happen to know what the two banks of dip switches do in these Astras? I've worked out that Sw2/7 controls demo mode and it won't finish setting up if Sw1/4 isn't on. Any ideas anyone? :??:

if no anwers come tonight ill dig a manual out tommorrow at work if not put a call into astra 01656 658658 and 1 for tech tell them what software you have and they will tell you

That seems a nice bit of kit TTX. As you say I also like the way it fits on a table top. The angle of the buttons is very playable and the tray gives a traditional feel but on a newer machine.

I was wondering what is the weight of these, Im presuming they are heavy enough but not too heavy.

I was once thinking about buying a lo tech, but what put me off was they seem to be on those massive black boxes. The one you have solves that problem.

I was once thinking about buying a lo tech, but what put me off was they seem to be on those massive black boxes. The one you have solves that problem.

I agree - and it's just the right size for the bedside cabinet now! :lol:

Now if we could get a Line Up down to this size then we'd be laughing.

This is seriously fucking smart. Would you mind telling me how much you paid for this Tris? I have NEVER seen anything like this before.

I got it for £166. The first time I missed the auction, it went over £200 (I think) but the winner didn't pay.

I've wanted one of these small Astras for a while as anything else is too big & heavy to go upstairs. Downstairs is full!!!

That seems a nice bit of kit TTX. As you say I also like the way it fits on a table top. The angle of the buttons is very playable and the tray gives a traditional feel but on a newer machine.

I was wondering what is the weight of these, Im presuming they are heavy enough but not too heavy.

the top just bolts to the wooden base just meters and speaker in base we remove the base and put a couple of neons around the outside and put them in the front window of some of our AGC (mind they look a little tired now must give them a spruce up)

not sure these will be any use but here are the settings for the original 1997 machine :D

BANK 1

1-not used

2-0n=subdued z.c.a off=normal z.c.a

3-on=light refill lamp off=do not light refill lamp

4-on=soft play option off=standard option play

5-not used

6-on=£150 token hopper limit off=no token hopper limit

7-on=high token payout off=low token payout

8-on =direct payout

BANK 2

1-not used

2-not used

3-not used

4-on=count up on win display during payout off=win display not used during payout

5-not used

6-on=production test play

7-on=demo switch

8-on=ram clear (power on)

note:

bank 1 switch 3 to illuminate refill if cash or token float is less than £16

bank 2 switch 4 only applicable with pictorial version machine ????????

bank 2 switch 6 machine runs continuosly for production test

dont forget that the banks are backward ie bank 1 is on the right bank 2 left

question does this machine use mechanical meters or electronic

if no joy ill call astra for you tuesday they dont work bank hols

let me know

I got it for £166. The first time I missed the auction, it went over £200 (I think) but the winner didn't pay.

I've wanted one of these small Astras for a while as anything else is too big & heavy to go upstairs. Downstairs is full!!!

What are the dimentions (roughly) :)

not sure these will be any use but here are the settings for the original 1997 machine :D

question does this machine use mechanical meters or electronic

if no joy ill call astra for you tuesday they dont work bank hols

let me know

Many thanks, will give those settings a try. :)

The meters must be electronic, I can't see any physical meters apart from the SEC meter.

Also, could you possibly scan the whole manual for me please? I'm not sure how the test, menu, electronic metering, etc. systems work. I found the volume control though, sure can make a big noise for a small machine! :D

What are the dimentions (roughly) :)

Dimensions at tallest/widest/deepest parts...

Height = 64cm

Width = 41cm

Depth = 40cm

--------------

Today I noticed that the battery was leaking. Had to do a cleanup and coincell mod pronto! I'll have to make up some decent £5 decals too.

Great acquisition, mate! Probably the best lo-tech machine that Astra did, IMHO. Either this, or Riverboat Gambler. Used to win, and lose big on the swine in my playing days. Would love to own one. If I ever get around to owning a proper fruity, this would be the one I would personally go for. Have fun with it! :)

Many thanks, will give those settings a try. :)

The meters must be electronic, I can't see any physical meters apart from the SEC meter.

that could be the setting for switch 4 if it cant find the sec it will not set up you proberbly have the old meter loom upto the connector there too as astra run both types of meter for a while

wait till you come accross a factory rebuild would use any componation of reels and set with a dil switch:D

Also, could you possibly scan the whole manual for me please? I'm not sure how the test, menu, electronic metering, etc. systems work. I found the volume control though, sure can make a big noise for a small machine! :D

QUOTE]

have you found how to enter test

if not im sure looking at the pic its bottom left and test1 is coin in and coin out coin out normally middle hold button

as a complete guess try dil switch 7 on on each bank in turn close the doors (or pull switch astra top door switches are double pole) and see if the machine makes a load noise and flashes demo on the led if it does press start and away you go you should be able to 'nudge' wins in also:lol:

Most of those switch settings seem to be the same, 2/6 is test play and 2/7 is demo.

I found test mode earlier this evening, the button is unlabelled and hidden right up in the top of the machine, behind the top glass. The hopper top-up button is also up there.

I think I've also sussed out the elec metering - door open, refill on, one of the hold buttons cycles through them, auto start held for 3 secs clears them. Still don't know which is which though.

There are still loads of unknowns, I think I'll have to get a copy of the specific field service manual. Any idea how much Astra charge for replacement manuals?

Most of those switch settings seem to be the same, 2/6 is test play and 2/7 is demo.

I found test mode earlier this evening, the button is unlabelled and hidden right up in the top of the machine, behind the top glass. The hopper top-up button is also up there.

I think I've also sussed out the elec metering - door open, refill on, one of the hold buttons cycles through them, auto start held for 3 secs clears them. Still don't know which is which though.

There are still loads of unknowns, I think I'll have to get a copy of the specific field service manual. Any idea how much Astra charge for replacement manuals?

ill see if they have an electronic version to email me ill try tue or thur fecking busy for a change at work could be a bank hols :P

ill see if they have an electronic version to email me ill try tue or thur fecking busy for a change at work could be a bank hols :P

Thanks mate, got my fingers crossed! :)