Eachway Nudger MK I

jpmstu

a mk 2 sold for £45 not long back

and a mk3 that wanted repair never sold at 99p

depends how the winds blowing ...

i sold a working mk1 nudge gambler (different machine i know) some time ago and that made £50 !

imo it's worth in very good condition £100 thats just what id pay if i was in the market!

hope this helps

brandon

a mk 2 sold for £45 not long back

and a mk3 that wanted repair never sold at 99p

depends how the winds blowing ...

i sold a working mk1 nudge gambler (different machine i know) some time ago and that made £50 !

imo it's worth in very good condition £100 thats just what id pay if i was in the market!

hope this helps

brandon

Yeah but your a tight git ;)

The Mk III is hideous; the Mk II is bearable; the Mk I is a fantastically beautiful increasingly rare collector's item laden with charm and charisma and (in view of the fact that if you ever sold it later you would probably get all if not more of your money back) worth every penny of £250 (if it's in good condition)!

personal opinion>

These old games are only worth what you want to pay for them at that point in time. If there's not many around then you're likely to pay more to make sure you get one. If more turn up in the future then the price will drop as less people will be after one.

I would say £250 for a fully working original is a good price.

Make sure it's a good one though. If the glasses are peeling, or smashed, or it doesn't work then I'd try to bring that number down.

Bear in mind, however, you're not likely to find one of these without a cracked top glass as people always hit the nudge buttons hard and the perspex (or whatever it is) would usually crack eventually. I wouldn't worry about that at all; all part of the character!

And, as others have said, if you need to get shot of it, I'd give you £250 for it (providing I haven't already found one myself) in the future.

Make sure you post some good pictures of it here please!

brandon

Is this Nudge Gambler machine the one with six double, or nothings on the left-hand side of the glass?

I definitely remember a machine from the Eachway Nudger era that had the six double/nothing gambles on the side. :hmm:

Is this Nudge Gambler machine the one with six double, or nothings on the left-hand side of the glass?

I definitely remember a machine from the Eachway Nudger era that had the six double/nothing gambles on the side. :hmm:

Hate to be picky..but it was 4, red and yellow squares, looked like a reglass of EWI, plums and bells paid 30p..felt like I was being ripped off.

This machine sounds like the original EWI, with the orange/yellow/green colour scheme. Best at the £1 version, although I've seen re-incarnations of rivetted £2 decals over the £1 ones, win tables scratched out like a lottery card, and replaced with coop price labels, an early mars mech to handle all coins, and the rest blanked off, and the worst one was a £3 bootleg version £3 for melons, £1 for grapes, but the win table had not been altered from the ver2 of EWI

Too much information as usual.

Oldskooler

Hate to be picky..but it was 4, red and yellow squares, looked like a reglass of EWI, plums and bells paid 30p..felt like I was being ripped off.

This machine sounds like the original EWI, with the orange/yellow/green colour scheme. Best at the £1 version, although I've seen re-incarnations of rivetted £2 decals over the £1 ones, win tables scratched out like a lottery card, and replaced with coop price labels, an early mars mech to handle all coins, and the rest blanked off, and the worst one was a £3 bootleg version £3 for melons, £1 for grapes, but the win table had not been altered from the ver2 of EWI

Too much information as usual.

Oldskooler

That's the one! I thought it had six panels. :hmm:

I bow to your knowledge, though. The version I remember playing, had a £1 token jackpot. Do you know if any pictures of it are lying around?

One of the very first fruit machines I ever played. :)

The version I remember playing, had a £1 token jackpot. Do you know if any pictures of it are lying around?

One of the very first fruit machines I ever played. :)

Some different incarnations (and abortions) of the Mk1. The one your talking about Ploggy is image _03. Poor picture, I'm afraid, but using Windows Picture and Fax Viewer it zooms up quite nicely with whatever anti-pixelation filter it implements.

How anyone could do to the coin mechs of these beautiful machines what they have done in picture _02 is entirely beyond me. Personally I'd bring back hanging just for this offence alone!

Pictures _11 to _14 are those of a machine that someone from this site won off ebay a year or two back; afraid the name eludes me at the moment but he kindly recorded some of the Mk1 sounds and uploaded them to the Mecca somewhere!

4028.attach

4029.attach

4030.attach

4031.attach

4032.attach

4033.attach

4034.attach

4035.attach

4036.attach

4037.attach

4038.attach

4039.attach

4040.attach

Some different incarnations (and abortions) of the Mk1. The one your talking about Ploggy is image _03. Poor picture, I'm afraid, but using Windows Picture and Fax Viewer it zooms up quite nicely with whatever anti-pixelation filter it implements.

How anyone could do to the coin mechs of these beautiful machines what they have done in picture _02 is entirely beyond me. Personally I'd bring back hanging just for this offence alone!

Pictures _11 to _14 are those of a machine that someone from this site won off ebay a year or two back; afraid the name eludes me at the moment but he kindly recorded some of the Mk1 sounds and uploaded them to the Mecca somewhere!

Thanks for the pics, mate. On this version of EWN, you could hold down the nudge button before the reels stopped, to get ten nudges everytime. :eek: You would need knowledge of the reel order though, to know which direction of nudges you wanted. The machine I'm talking about, was blue I think. Oldskooler would be able to explain the machine far better than I could.

I think it was the machine that preceded the first NDU machine. Just looked in the Gallery, here, and it isn't in there either. :(