Barcrest MPU2 Hi-lights

18 hours ago, sulzerned said:

Lovely stuff mart and full credit to youbfor cleaning this classic up well worth the effort .you'll have e to get a spotlights to sit next to it now !😉

He’ll probably get his sixth sense when he wants a spotlight nick fire up eBay and they’ll be one two streets away! Buy it now £40 😀

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, niftynudger said:

He’ll probably get his sixth sense when he wants a spotlight nick fire up eBay and they’ll be one two streets away! Buy it now £40 😀

As long as the glass is ok this time Pete 😂😂😂👍

• Haha 2

The aluminium frame has polished up nicely in-situ, ready for the new glass (almost!!) I also refitted the refill meter back in its correct place (for some reason on this model it was taped over and the meter out back with all the rest). New tubes and starters also in place. Progressing nicely!

IMG_3727.thumb.JPG.ce60c6a49abb09e2854a495f6dc5ecce.JPG

• Like 4

New glass is here ! It  looks amazing. Has a scratch but it’s only minor and compared to what was it’s bloody perfect! Can’t believe this one was available tbh.

Need to add mask and then fit …. Exciting!  Will post more pics as I progress. 

0F1600DD-48A1-4B17-90C4-48A671140FE8.jpeg

• Like 4

First time I’ve had to apply a mask in several pieces so I was a tad paranoid about getting no light leak and central light distribution - scary stuff but I think I managed it. A time consuming job that one 😊

Tick ✔️ job done 

CBC5A682-F3F4-4001-BF25-C33CFB99E0AF.jpeg

• Like 3