Mini Eachway Shuffle

Posted (edited)

Hi all.

Been sitting on this for a while. Wanted to get it in a better cabinet but it's time consuming.

Long story short, I always wanted to make my own fruit machine from being a young boy, so here it is. Excuse the cabinet, it's a proof of concept. 

It plays to (I think 80%). I based the hit rates of the original machine but had to make a few adjustments. I can give more details if anyones interested.

Cheers

P.S The sounds are recorded from the original machine but the speaker is a cheap wank thing.

Edited by Player
  • Like 18

Awesome dude nothing wrong with the cab though except for one minor detail, you need to add a lip on the payout tray, just cut a thin piece of wood and sand it off, that is all it needs tbh.

Love it though John.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, netdent said:

Love it John, I always wanted to build one as a kid and was attempted in my teens, failed miseralby! Tell us more? lets see the gubins?

It's using an Arduino Mega as shit loads of I/O's. Will put up some pics later.

9 hours ago, netdent said:

Love it John, I always wanted to build one as a kid and was attempted in my teens, failed miseralby! Tell us more? lets see the gubins?

Ok so a few pics. Please excuse the mess. Again, this was purely a proof of concept and was never intended to look pretty.

Sound board

9A0EDA31-A146-473F-8351-46D19462708C.thumb.jpeg.0cd4fb2d6e9e5c2390d9c9e9348604d8.jpeg

Stepper motor driver boards.

6004D34F-4B00-4742-958D-EE3A44051EE2.thumb.jpeg.50903f715182ca795085a2bbe48b0109.jpeg

lamp breakout (cut down bell fruit pcb)

DDE482F9-E39E-4258-B722-CD65D9DA6E39.thumb.jpeg.c5f4bec10ceae6e36ccb67ce9a3f20ca.jpeg

led driver board (converted dot matrix driver board)

B1F30481-A065-4E47-9DB3-2380FFF506C3.thumb.jpeg.eaa9a68d6e62e1d8e8e7bc8719eeecd1.jpeg

Then the Arduino mega under all that wire.

B8866FFE-90BD-43A6-98B5-225B75047018.thumb.jpeg.2d2a532803743e2994c31bd9478adcc7.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Davep180 said:

That is both awesome and mind boggling to me. I built an MFME cabinet but this is next level stuff. Nice one.

Thanks. Just wanted to see if creating a fully working machine out of parts available was possible. It’s something I have been wanting to try for years. It started off by getting a reel moving. Then just built on top. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, netdent said:

Wow that's epic John, what's  driving the payouts etc, loving it

Payout is a parallel universal hopper. Very easy to use. I can now use the MK2 encrypted serial compact hoppers as well

Edited by Player

Heap of junk Dave, seen and played better Epoch machines.... 😄

Seriously, great mate, tried something like this years ago but was way out of my depth and failed miserably.... really impressed with what you have achieved. 👏👏👍🏻

• Thanks 1

Just gotta love Superbank and Player taking the piss out of each other, reminds me of someone I chat to on the phone off the forums, it is cunt cunt cunty wunty bastards all the way😂 

• Haha 1

That horrible cunt Superbank is coming round on Saturday. He’s not been in years. He’s collecting a DOND I picked up for him 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Oh nice one dude.

So he is a DOND nut, can't stand them but have a good mate who likes them too, knows how to empty them as well.

43 minutes ago, Zippy said:

Oh nice one dude.

So he is a DOND nut, can't stand them but have a good mate who likes them too, knows how to empty them as well.

@superbankloves em. Awful taste in machines bless him.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MattyL said:

Nice work mate love the work that's gone into the internals... particularly how you are controlling all the I/0s perfectly.

It took a long time mate. Happy with results. Still needs more work. Next is saving data (hopper level, coins in out etc) with no battery needed. Already got it working. It will auto save all data when you switch off 😎

• Like 1

Here's a video of where it began. Nothing special but had a reel doing something. I'll upload more video's of the various stages of achievements :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Player said:

That horrible cunt Superbank is coming round on Saturday. He’s not been in years. He’s collecting a DOND I picked up for him 🤣🤣

I'm gonna empty all your machines. Shame you haven't got a Track & Field 'cos I'd beat all your records too! :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, superbank said:

I'm gonna empty all your machines. Shame you haven't got a Track & Field 'cos I'd beat all your records too! :D

I can dig a board out. To be fair you are good. Your skill at track n field are better than your fruit machine buying skills 😉

• Haha 2