UNIVERSAL LEISURE - Clown

Louie Bee

My latest project is a novelty egg vending machine.

IMG_20220531_170240531.thumb.jpg.5df9744c2e7996d3d0bda00419977caf.jpg

Looks like the ROM is missing so Unless I can get a copy of the rom, this clown could end up scrap.

IMG_20220531_170250120.thumb.jpg.e7a967b58baa9199e1d8a5b41c9d64db.jpg

IMG_20220531_174313987.thumb.jpg.5a4f5ea69e41186d3d736fa54f0408f2.jpg

Can anyone help save a clown and find the rom file please?

Can’t say I remember ever seeing one in an arcade.

IMG_20220531_174437369.thumb.jpg.98675961cbee9e8985b115df45ed9c75.jpg

Edited by Louie Bee
  • Like 1

Looking at the chip on the mainboard, PCL, isn’t this a Project Coin Limited machine, possibly late 80’s.

It’s a long shot but it might be worth contacting them, it’s part of their heritage they may be interested and might/should have a backup eprom file.

J

Thanks Orchid.

I was wondering if the roms were available in some backup site where dumps like the ones I rip get uploaded to after I've shared them on here.

I haven’t seen the roms.  Looking at the mainboard the machine was named Punch and Judy.

I love these old, almost scary amusements.  I remember in a local arcade had this hideous rather large attraction.  It was a laughing clown on a rocking chair and pretty sure he had custard pies in his hands, always freaked me out.  I always imagine being left in the arcade at night with this thing!!!  Stuff of nightmares for sure ;)

J

• Like 1

7 hours ago, orchid said:

Looking at the chip on the mainboard, PCL, isn’t this a Project Coin Limited machine, possibly late 80’s.

It’s a long shot but it might be worth contacting them, it’s part of their heritage they may be interested and might/should have a backup eprom file.

J

More likely to be Panelwire Controls Ltd of Derby, who did provide early techs to Project Coin.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, orchid said:

I haven’t seen the roms.  Looking at the mainboard the machine was named Punch and Judy.

I love these old, almost scary amusements.  I remember in a local arcade had this hideous rather large attraction.  It was a laughing clown on a rocking chair and pretty sure he had custard pies in his hands, always freaked me out.  I always imagine being left in the arcade at night with this thing!!!  Stuff of nightmares for sure ;)

J

I’ve an old friend in the industry who told me a bit about the board. I think he said he used to have the elephant version which sucked the egg up its trunk using a reverse hair dryer, then dropped it down to the win tray. He said it used the same board and told me the pots were to set volume of play, attract volume and frequency of attract.

I can only really remember the parrot and the chicken.

I guess these control boards could have been adapted for allsorts.

Wonder if the clown on a rocking chair is the same as the one in Blackpool pleasure beach (sorry if this gives you nightmares)…

https://youtu.be/sv6FhLg5_e4

I think they change it to a policeman. Not my video but it was still there when I went this year.

It is quite freaky, but I think I’d be playing all the pushers and fruit machines if I had a lock in :D

• Like 2