Decided to get this jpm

Guys had it 10 years,having work done so covered in plaster dust.its not butchered,has covers over the monitor and mpu,and even the original quick release button and no damage,artwork good.cabinet solid,well worth saving.should clean up well.dead at mo but work starting.

20220611_185834.jpg

20220611_185824.jpg

20220611_185820.jpg

20220611_185555.jpg

20220611_185547.jpg

• Like 5

Looks nice, great to see it looking original... the main board is mounted flat so in this configuration the battery rot from the cpu card ends up on the main board. Have a really close look around the socket. I wouldn't power it to much until you've had a really close look at it.

Hi matty,the battery has been replaced,can tell its been soldered.i have cut batt off but only very slight damage on plug in board it was mounted to.will remove all boards and clean,pics to follow.i will not power up till ive checked it all out.

3 hours ago, warlord said:

Hi matty,the battery has been replaced,can tell its been soldered.i have cut batt off but only very slight damage on plug in board it was mounted to.will remove all boards and clean,pics to follow.i will not power up till ive checked it all out.

That sounds really promising

25 minutes ago, sulzerned said:

Good grab .actually haven't seen too many of these about .give us a break was the other quiz machine by jpm  I remember from the 80s .

Think this is 1995 according to the dates inside.

• Like 1

Main board not bad and cleaned tracks all have continuity, worst one is processor card,but that seems to be OK continuity wise.Q3 was very furred so will replace that,the batt has 2.5 volt so that's OK.

20220612_121721.jpg

20220612_121714.jpg

So Q3 replaced,2 red leds on mpu,with processor card in reset is lit and status is flashing.with processor card out both are on and not flashing.

11 minutes ago, sulzerned said:

A full working board he says so I'd say that's not too bad a price .

I've asked questions waiting for response.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warlord said:

I've asked questions waiting for response.

Fingers crossed it is a good one used to love these in the pub never used to win often however the game lasted more than a few seconds.

Hangman was another of the same tech if happy you could win a few fivers.

• Like 1

This one any good?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125244328782?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=zueD0uoOQ72&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=hGyDSdKITtu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

4 hours ago, Monkeyboypaul said:

Talk to Matt Potter for a new JPM Processor card.

He has messaged me,so let's hope we get the ood girl running.im taking a look at the monitor now.