ACE system one

cashbeast

I know ACE stuff is pretty scarce now but was lucky to pick this up last week.

So far the 15v circuit on the PSU is fusing, suspecting a short circuit on the voltage regulator, and also the system one board is blowing the 5v supply.

Would any one have a component list around the battery area, the cap sizes mainly.  I need C35 as well, picked up C20 and C30 on another thread.  I’m assuming ceramic disc would suffice.

many thanks, can’t wait to post some video of play. 

36CF5500-4F29-4359-8F34-34C88CE863AE.jpeg

• Like 2

Stake Up, the king 😄 Not the dual stake version though but as far as dual stake’s go it was pointless you just get less loses before hitting x4. Ten/twenty however get 3 lines, perceived as better value 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cashbeast said:

Stake Up, the king 😄 Not the dual stake version though but as far as dual stake’s go it was pointless you just get less loses before hitting x4. Ten/twenty however get 3 lines, perceived as better value 

I have club gold ace system 1 ten/twenty’s big brother.

1 hour ago, niftynudger said:

I have club gold ace system 1 ten/twenty’s big brother.

I’ve never seen one, is it identical.  I’m struggling with capacitor sizes at he minute but hope to get it running. 

35 minutes ago, cashbeast said:

I’ve never seen one, is it identical.  I’m struggling with capacitor sizes at he minute but hope to get it running. 

Same sort of thing as yours with the staking but it has a gamble on it and it’s £150 jackpot.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, sulzerned said:

Look forward to seeing a video of this one .Hope you can get it fixed as sys1 is very problematic 

It’s the not having a schematic and values of components that I’m struggling with, and those horrible 24pin or whatever they are plugs, it was difficult to get them off after 30yrs+ without stressing the pcb. Feeling hopeful at least for now 

21 minutes ago, cashbeast said:

those horrible 24pin or whatever they are plugs, it was difficult to get them off after 30yrs+ without stressing the pcb.  

Same on MPU3 (or similar) - I feel your pain!! (so do my fingers lol) - give me MPU4 any day.

Good luck, I too am looking forward to seeing this one in action having never seen it in the wild.

3 hours ago, martinb said:

Same on MPU3 (or similar) - I feel your pain!! (so do my fingers lol) - give me MPU4 any day.

Good luck, I too am looking forward to seeing this one in action having never seen it in the wild.

Yes MPU4 are great, everything about them from the way it’s laid out etc, good for dealing with faults.

I used to watch a ten twenty in the wild in 1986 but it wasn’t a core player venue so no one used to go in the super gamble, I’m looking forward to trying that.  We have the same taste in machines, 1987 is my favourite year. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cashbeast said:

It’s the not having a schematic and values of components that I’m struggling with, and those horrible 24pin or whatever they are plugs, it was difficult to get them off after 30yrs+ without stressing the pcb. Feeling hopeful at least for now 

There is a System 1 service manual available in downloads, if I'm not mistaken. If not, I have it on my PC.

Yep it's definitely in the downloads.

I've done quite a few of these and they are documented in my workshop thread  if you search for it.

Things to look out for, all the resistors on the bottom row (and next row up) get corroded and I usually swap them all out as they fall to bits on removal. Watch out for the track under the battery, it might look good but you'll often find there's no copper under the solder mask (honestly)!:lol:

The 15 way pins suffer too and sometimes the only sure fix is to replace them. As you've already pointed out the little caps in that area all rot as well.

The RESET circuit can be a head scratcher so don't go looking for faults until you know it's all good. The 8212 chip does fail if you're unlucky. Make sure the TVS diodes haven't gone short.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, midibob said:

Yep it's definitely in the downloads.

I've done quite a few of these and they are documented in my workshop thread  if you search for it.

Things to look out for, all the resistors on the bottom row (and next row up) get corroded and I usually swap them all out as they fall to bits on removal. Watch out for the track under the battery, it might look good but you'll often find there's no copper under the solder mask (honestly)!:lol:

The 15 way pins suffer too and sometimes the only sure fix is to replace them. As you've already pointed out the little caps in that area all rot as well.

The RESET circuit can be a head scratcher so don't go looking for faults until you know it's all good. The 8212 chip does fail if you're unlucky. Make sure the TVS diodes haven't gone short.

Thank you for the advice, it’s really appreciated, I did see you had done some but didn’t see the service manual.

I’ve got the machine manual with the psu diagram.  It’s blowing the 1A fuse F4 and there is a short, I have a feeling it’s the regulator, the silicon one which appears to be available so that’s another job.  I might need to come back and ask questions if you don’t mind 😀, just not had any time on it yet this week.