Jump to content

Lucky nudge restoration /rebuild


Recommended Posts

Hi fellas as promised here is the follow up yesterday s thread where I showed the old cab and how bad it was to where I shipped it over to Wayne's place for a strip down and then the new cab being rebuilt .

This lot of pics shows me putting the internal stuff back which sounds easy enough but it's still takes hours and days to make sure its all correct..remember there are no old screw holes or cable grips to relate to .I did keep all the old wood sections so was able to copy where the cable grips go which then allows me to relate to how the loom fits in and hangs.... it all helps trust me 😉obviously a stack of pictures were taken before I removed all the parts and also I have another machine of this type called big apple which is almost identical inside . So here is the progress of making  this lucky nudge machine look a little more complete again .

First off was to put a couple of wood cross boards on.the base as per the original machine .Wayne left them off as I told him I'd do them .Once cut and applied I painted them black and put some castors on .

 

20220114_185000.jpg

20220114_184953.jpg

20220114_185005.jpg

20220114_190314.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Next up was to fit the coin mechs .these like everything else were in a bad way with rust everywhere on every part !here I've included a few pictures of before and after 

20210129_162852.jpg

20210129_162856.jpg

20210129_162858.jpg

20210204_151855.jpg

20210204_151850.jpg

IMG-20220128-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20220128-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20220128-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20220128-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20220129-WA0012.jpg

20220121_191530.jpg

20210329_214144.jpg

20210329_214200.jpg

20210329_214154.jpg

20210329_214151.jpg

20210329_214147.jpg

20210329_214204.jpg

20210329_214622.jpg

20210329_214715.jpg

20210420_140047.jpg

20210420_140043.jpg

20210420_135948.jpg

20210420_140051.jpg

20210420_151820.jpg

20210420_140711.jpg

20210420_151821.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Next was to fit the side wood strips which again I told Wayne I'd do .new wood was purchased and cut to requirement s and sprayed matt black .just the one picture showing the new strip but they were done both sides to the bottom. 

Next was to fit the loom under newly fitted mechs and also to sort the cash gamble buttons out .

All flexi hoses and coin manifolds were then fitted .unfortunately the original green coloured hoses were cracked and brittle and couldn't really be reused so had to sort out some better hosing .unfortunately I've used two different coloured types of hose which doesn't look too bad but if I get any original green hosing I'll fit those in the future .I've included a picture of the originals as well .

20220124_213146.jpg

IMG-20211221-WA0038.jpg

20210129_163013.jpg

20210129_163202.jpg

IMG-20220128-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20220129-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20220129-WA0002(1).jpg

IMG-20220128-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20220129-WA0002.jpg

20210129_164108.jpg

20220127_230313.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Next up was to fit the tube holders and coin slides plus tubes ,refill switch and token meter .

I've now also fitted the newly refurbished psu and internal on/off unit power supply to the psu .the tube ballast was in a state so I've luckily got another which is being tidied up which I will pop in but for now I've fitted the original. The starters have been fitted in too .more cable clips were put in too .unfortunately this is as far as ive got as work called as usual .the tube light loom needs attention as two wires have come adrift which I'll sort in the next day or two .I can then hopefully test the tube s to see them working or not !😬 more pictures as and when there's more to show !oh nearly forgot to say massive thanks to Rob tovey for the new.labels he remade and printed inc new cointube level strips too .they make all the difference to me and I've Laminated them.all.the electric sticker is vinyl as I had a few made up a few years ago .

20220124_213156.jpg

20220125_110928.jpg

20220125_110937.jpg

20220125_110930.jpg

20220124_213135.jpg

20220124_213139.jpg

20220124_164318.jpg

20220124_164115.jpg

20210129_163953.jpg

20210129_163945.jpg

20210129_163941.jpg

20210129_164003.jpg

20210129_163957.jpg

20210129_163935.jpg

20220201_123319.jpg

20220201_123313.jpg

20220201_123306.jpg

20220201_120817.jpg

20220201_091846.jpg

20220201_132836.jpg

20220201_133408.jpg

20220201_134130.jpg

20220201_132358.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/31/2022 at 9:17 PM, sulzerned said:

Yeah it breaks my heart to break up  any machine or this age .

I broke a Nudge Gambler which had a bad payout solenoid fire. Reels damaged, glass was already badly faded but fire damaged but I salvaged parts to repair mine but even so it was not nice breaking it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for saying so .I just think if a new build project like this is being done then I'd like to see it done as close as it use to be .I've had so many different labels made up over the years !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nick your passion for this machine shows. Attention to detail means so much to you. Looking forward seeing it built and loved for many more years.

Great work and thank you for trusting me with your machine. Also thanks for the kind words regarding the cab.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stunning work Nick and Wayne!  What a transformation 😳

The cab really is unbelievably good, the tidy up, re spraying of all internal parts really looks superb. 

Like everyone on here, really looking forward to seeing the end result!

Brilliant work again, amazed how good its looking 🙂👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...