Mpu 3 on-line eBay bargain

Slotto

Well here's my bargain of the year ( I know it's only January 😊) saw this machine on eBay early this morning thought it was to good to be true £30 bid or £50 buy now so I just brought it it's only 40 mins from me so went over to collect it and was pleasantly surprised there it was they have owned it for over 30 years and it hadn't been touched or used for many many years so I got it back stripped it down ( didn't switch it on ) took the mpu apart and was mint but it had the dreaded blue battery but it hadn't leaked I removed it anyway cleaned all the connections and cleaned 30 years of muck out of the cabinet refitted it all and switched it on and it worked perfect first time only needs a new potentiometer as the one inside is cracked there's sound but it's just a bit quite it also had half a tin of 10p tokens locked in the bottom which was a bonus as there were no keys to look inside but for fifty pounds half tin of electrical cleaner and some elbow grease and here's the end result very happy another old classic saved 

IMG_4246.jpg

IMG_4247.jpg

IMG_4244.jpg

IMG_4251.jpg

IMG_4250.jpg

IMG_4249.jpg

IMG_4255.jpg

IMG_4259.jpg

IMG_4258.jpg

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, Player said:

Thank god a good guy got it. If certain people on here had got that it would be up for 3k now (provided the dummies could fix it ;))

Mate I couldn't of said it better!!

• Like 1

You lucky bugger, what a great machine and price!   You've done a grand job, it looks fantastic and boots up too, brilliant 👍 what a bonus of all those tokens!

Congrats 🙂🎰

7 hours ago, Line Up Chris said:

Nice find Duane.

On 10p/£3 that should be a decent game.

Looks like an ex Adders & Ladders cab.

Yes Chris spot on it's still got adders and ladders on the prom card and all the lamp loom connections are still inside someone used the original loom just the  lamps required all the switch connections are still there as well I just need all the adders bits to put it back to original well I have a reel glass  😂 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Slotto said:

Yes Chris spot on it's still got adders and ladders on the prom card and all the lamp loom connections are still inside someone used the original loom just the  lamps required all the switch connections are still there as well I just need all the adders bits to put it back to original well I have a reel glass  😂 

I'm normally against converting back but Adders is a class game.

6 hours ago, riche100 said:

Congratulations 

I wonder if i will ever own a machine and have such luck 

am happy for you nevertheless 

You'd make a good owner and you know shite too. Think you need to take the plunge dude.

It even has big chunks of the cabinet missing :)

It's either a typo or maybe that's what they're paying for someone to collect it.

19 watchers, I assume 19 people from the forum watching to see what  it sells for (when it's relisted).

Not even sure if I would want it on a "free buyer collects", definitely spares only.