Jpm housey housey

Tilly1

Just spotted this on eBay and only a two day auction,  now I’m no electro collector but this looks like a BEAUTY if I was  👍 and with MR Birds great stories recently quite topical 😁
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Old-Fruit-Machine-/313734138187?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Edited by Tilly1
  • Like 2

That is a nice one.  Seems odd that all payouts are in tokens, it looks like all the mechs taking proper coins just send to the cash boxes below.  If it was mine I'd switch it and have payouts in cash.

The payouts are not all tokens, just the £1 is tokens and the rest up to 50p is cash.

!0p for each line lit but A full bingo card gives 50p cash.

This one still looks in original condition with it's 10p and token tube intact which is rare to see these days.

The two hoover tubes to cash box are for the big 5p and 50p coins.

Just to add this is a later version on £1 as the released version was 20p cash 50p tokens, but still an original JPM build not someone's conversion. Like many other manufacturers in that era, the payout's changed on the time of release of many models.

Edited by BF74
  • Like 2

An interesting point of which only the present or new owner will be able to accurately answer and possibly the reason the machine has been spared of being converted to all cash.

As it was originally manufacture as a 50p token max payout machine,  JPM will have fitted only a 5 pulse payout cam as it pays 10p tokens as well as 10p cash.

For this later £1 token model it would need a 10 pulse cam OR the easy option was to fit a 2x10p token payslide which is my thoughts.

If this is the setting then the same original 5 pulse cam could be left as is and for the £1 tokens 5 pulses of a 2x token slide is all that's needed.

As the 10p slide is only a single 1x 10p slide, wiring the token payout slide over to the cash payout slide is not an option and the £1 would only payout 50p cash.

Just dragged my Housey Housey schematic out to see which version it is and it's the modified £1 drawing so, I can confirm it is indeed fitted with a 2x 10p token payslide.

Edited by BF74
  • Like 4

I bid upto 325 as I really liked it,but to me that's what I would pay.kind of wished I had gone 350 but still may not have got it.It might appear in a few days for 2000.

This brings back memories.

I remember buying one of these off Ebay, from a house in Great Yarmouth around 2002. The seller neglated to mention the cracked glass before I picked it up! The bugger ran in to his house and would not come back out, after I pointed it out, and mentioned that it had just cost me 75 quid in transport costs and was not very happy! Oh the joy. I ended up selling it a few years later, as I could never get it working properly.