Bounty?

Snux

I was thinking you'd get back ache from playing it for too long.  No idea what it is, although one of the reel symbols is "Wyvern" and the name on the top glass just reads "The Bounty".

The Bounty electro. Strange one this as one appeared last year but in much dirtier condition, This one is either the same but has been cleaned or another machine. Looks much like a Peter Simper game but the build seems to be lacking their quality. I would have to go with that it was Possibly built by an operator at the time as it has the name Wyvern on a symbol used on the third reel which makes me think this was the operator name.

£100 start with a reserve on it but for what is it should be left it find it's own price.

Someone was prepared to pay£104 for it first time around and would say all it's money. 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 2:42 PM, Snux said:

Having a full blown hopper when the maximum payout is 5 coins seems like a bit of overkill...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324839795888?hash=item4ba1f5ecb0:g:U1YAAOSw49NhbyGJ

154326903_Image2.thumb.jpg.0e478745d8b7f73f0700ad08189185af.jpg

if it has small indents around the button lenses these are used to unscrew the lens to gain access to the lamp.then its deffo peter simper.

• Like 1

Apart from the size, everything outside LOOKS Peter Simper.

There just isn't enough INSIDE!

Did PS make a smaller range, which simply didn't catch on?

I'm trying to arrange a viewing. His start price is more than enough for a machine like this; a full-size PS is around that mark.

Does anyone know the reserve?

Of all the literature I have on PS machines, there is nothing like this one apart from it looks in the style.

Like I queried above it does not seem to have the build quality of PS so whether it's a prototype maybe but I never came across this one back then out on service

I think you will have to negotiate the price with the seller as they will have set the reserve on the listing.

Even the artwork on front is ps.but then they normally had a base with about 4 inch platform on front to sliding door.the white mdf shelving looks home made.so maybe 8ts salvaged bits put in a home made cab.

• Like 2

Collected this on Saturday afternoon. Nice to have one within reach!

I've been playing it between jobs, and it's a good little game. The hopper especially is nicely set up. No running-on, and it can tickle-out single coin wins every time. The odd-bod symbols on the reels are a lighthouse (any position), a crab-pot complete with crab, and a PS style disc saying 'Wyvern', this on the third reel  only. 

I've just managed to get time to take the back off. It might look PS from the outside, but the insides are from something else. The any-position win (10p) pays out a single coin from a hand-fed tube. All the other wins, including 10p, come from the hopper. There is a coin chute to fill the payout tube, and it is exactly the right length to reach the 'coin accepted' drop point of a non-existent third coin mech.. All  if the relays are exposed-contact types. The reel mech. is a four-reeler with only three reels installed. There is no index solenoid for the absent 4th. reel, but the index disc is there, and it  has only one notch. 

This latter is familiar. I've seen it before somewhere. Is it ACE? 

There is a crude variator on the end of the reel shaft. It is beyond description, so I'll try and get some pics...

Edited by Brigham

There were many operating companies that were dabbling in machine builds, machine conversions, just kits etc, especially electro machines.

Unless any name plates, glasses, bands, inspection labels of identification are on the machine. then tracing the origin can prove quite difficult.

I built a couple of electro kits and machine conversions myself when working for a private company operator and actually found a machine up for sale with kit fitted earlier this year.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Brigham said:

I've seen that lighthouse symbol before somewhere. Is it on 'Fore and Aft'?

I think Fore and Aft did have a lighthouse on the glass, but just standard symbols on the reels IIRC. 

• Like 1