Jump to content

No more chr chips... :)


Recommended Posts

Fuck me John looking through all the threads and numerous posts across all forums you have brought to life a whole new game since Chris left us, you, Andrew, Tony and many others across all sites have given hope to the scene, many thought and some may not like this that Chris's death was the end of everything but knew with the outcome of great people like yourself breathed life again into our whole realm, you have my respect mate and have done for a while just like a few choice others.

Many including myself thought that when the main MFME man left us it was game over but talking to those on and off the grid I just knew that you would give us hope and pay it forward to keep the pot still boiling. @orchid obviously knows you better than everyone else and even though we have clashed at times he too has my respect (but still don't like him;)), it is not for just what you are doing with Chr's and AS but to know there are still good and honest hardworking people on the planet that keep the flame burning for what we truly love, is the main backbone to it all.

Whether MFME or MAME the goal is to keep emulation alive and kicking, Chris will never be forgotten in my book but reality states that someone has to take the reigns for the greater good and I couldn't think of anyone better than you and would bet that he would say the same thing.

**You all know I live off the sleeve and don't give a fuck what others think but if truth really be told my statement says it all**

Take care all and @johnparker007 keep kicking fucking arse!!!!

Edited by Zippy
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Zippy said:

Fuck me John looking through all the threads and numerous posts across all forums you have brought to life a whole new game since Chris left us, you, Andrew, Tony and many others across all sites have given hope to the scene, many thought and some may not like this that Chris's death was the end of everything but knew with the outcome of great people like yourself breathed life again into our whole realm, you have my respect mate and have done for a while just like a few choice others.

Many including myself thought that when the main MFME man left us it was game over but talking to those on and off the grid I just knew that you would give us hope and pay it forward to keep the pot still boiling. @orchid obviously knows you better than everyone else and even though we have clashed at times he too has my respect (but still don't like him;)), it is not for just what you are doing with Chr's and AS but to know there are still good and honest hardworking people on the planet that keep the flame burning for what we truly love, is the main backbone to it all.

Whether MFME or MAME the goal is to keep emulation alive and kicking, Chris will never be forgotten in my book but reality states that someone has to take the reigns for the greater good and I couldn't think of anyone better than you and would bet that he would say the same thing.

**You all know I live off the sleeve and don't give a fuck what others think but if truth really be told my statement says it all**

Take care all and @johnparker007 keep kicking fucking arse!!!!

Chris's fruit machine emulation boots are almost infinitely large to fill to be honest, he dedicated literally decades to FME, and was an lovely bloke to boot (from our private chats back during the mfme2mame times).  It's a vibrant scene for the small numbers involved in comparison to other less niche scenes, but we have some dedicated hard workers in all disciplines, so I'm just hoping we can do him proud mate! :)

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, johnparker007 said:

Chris's fruit machine emulation boots are almost infinitely large to fill to be honest, he dedicated literally decades to FME, and was an lovely bloke to boot (from our private chats back during the mfme2mame times).  It's a vibrant scene for the small numbers involved in comparison to other less niche scenes, but we have some dedicated hard workers in all disciplines, so I'm just hoping we can do him proud mate! :)

No no no, no boot filling you have your own boots (mine has got pink frills on it😁), no-one can fill anyone's boots as we all have our own styles.

This is the difference between keyboard text and irl, anyway I have a question AGAIN...

Would AS be able to be split/multi-screened i.e. have two AS running at the same time (would have to have some crazy specs though) like with MFME, half MFME half AS lol that would be insane?

Edited by Zippy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Zippy said:

No no no, no boot filling you have your own boots (mine has got pink frills on it😁), no-one can fill anyone's boots as we all have our own styles.

This is the difference between keyboard text and irl, anyway I have a question AGAIN...

Would AS be able to be split/multi-screened i.e. have two AS running at the same time (would have to have some crazy specs though) like with MFME, half MFME half AS lol that would be insane?

Hiya mate :)  Good question!  I had no idea so I tried it - it does seems to work fine (running multiple Arcade Simulators simultaneously), so if you wat to do that you should be all set... 
 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Zippy said:

Hahaha fucking ace mate and hate to be a pain but is that toggling to each one or split screen or does it do both?

That is toggling with Alt+Tab... I think currently I do force it to be on the primary monitor, due to some custom stuff I do to keep the emulator hidden behind out of view.

So I guess you are looking to have a PC with two monitors, and a separate Arcade Sim on each monitor?

It won't do that yet, I'll put it in the backlog, but it's a low priority task, so not sure when I'll get to it.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, johnparker007 said:

That is toggling with Alt+Tab... I think currently I do force it to be on the primary monitor, due to some custom stuff I do to keep the emulator hidden behind out of view.

So I guess you are looking to have a PC with two monitors, and a separate Arcade Sim on each monitor?

It won't do that yet, I'll put it in the backlog, but it's a low priority task, so not sure when I'll get to it.

No, two on one screen bud? Split half-half? If these questions are out of reach atm just ignore it mate by putting whatever on your "magic list". I'll understand John.

Again thanks for all you do for everyone and have a great day fella.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, orchid said:

I’m trying to understand the point of this zippy?  It it so you can play two machines in the virtual arcade at the same time?

J

Am wondering why no-one has understood me lol, see not a big typer 😉

Yes two AS on one screen side by side, is my grammar that bad😒

Edited by Zippy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Zippy said:

No, two on one screen bud? Split half-half? If these questions are out of reach atm just ignore it mate by putting whatever on your "magic list". I'll understand John.

Again thanks for all you do for everyone and have a great day fella.

Not two on one screen, this is not running in Windowed mode for various reasons (before it was causing some complete corruption)... but I could have a setting the allows you to select what monitor number you want Arcade Sim to run on.  So then a user with two monitors, could have one running full screen on each monitor... or just a single one running on their second monitor etc.  It is already added to the 'magic list', which is a Trello project management web app :) 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...