wleeuk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Test 11

Test 12

RAM DUMPER

CLOCK CARD TEST

INFRA RED TEST

Know about using the unfreeze on the RAM READER for the ERROR 92 but does it have other function?

• 11 months later...

Please could someone tell me how to get into the hidden menu.  I can enter the normal test menu ok but don't know how to access the hidden menu.  I've had error 92, Trace Buffer Frozen (whatever that means?) which I've cleared by disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes.  I'd like to be able to clear it from the hidden menu if it happens again.  I hope someone will be good enough to help.  Thanks in advance.

1st hold and start down together while coming out of reset. Keep down until reels have stopped and any warning have completed (low coins etc). Then turn refil and you should find extra tests at the end of the normal ones.

If you keep getting trace buffer error I would suspect RAM. Trace buffer error is when there's a problem with the compensators. Like when they have lost track, or when something isn't adding up.

Had trace buffer error that kept popping up on a scorp 4 Club Lotr a few years back. Had it for a week or so and some guy took it away to site in a caravan park club. Told him about the error but all he was interested in is it had keys and that the hoppers worked and tested those by coin dumping.....

That was that. 😂

1 minute ago, Player said:

1st hold and start down together while coming out of reset. Keep down until reels have stopped and any warning have completed (low coins etc). Then turn refil and you should find extra tests at the end of the normal ones.

If you keep getting trace buffer error I would suspect RAM. Trace buffer error is when there's a problem with the compensators. Like when they have lost track, or when something isn't adding up.

Thanks @Player, I'll try that later.  I got error 92 a couple of days ago, at first it was every ten minutes and then gradually got worse up to every minute.  After clearing the RAM I played the machine for about 20 minutes and the error didn't re-occur.  Time will tell if it was just a random glitch, or maybe as you say there is a slight fault with the RAM.  If I have to replace it I will socket it.  Please could you explain a little what the compensators do?  Thanks in advance.

Compensators decide when wins are paid. A machine has several compenstors, for example:

Small wins

Big wins

Board wins

Each compensator is a pot filling up. Each pot will have levels. Level 5 or 6 on a Bell fruit means its very generous (ready to pay), level 0 or 1 is tight mode.

For each go the pots fill up. Lets say it's 10p a go running at 78%. 7.8p will be split between the pots, where 2.2p will go to the cash tin.

Each pot has a chance of triggering. Once triggered a value will be allocated. If the small wins pot is triggered and theres £10 in it, it could pay £1. Doesn't pay the whole thing.

The above is just a rough example. There is more to it but i'm not an expert. Machine play much better when using random and is a fairer game for all. As soon as a compensated machine pays out loads it's dead for ages.

41 minutes ago, Player said:

Compensators decide when wins are paid. A machine has several compenstors, for example:

Small wins

Big wins

Board wins

Each compensator is a pot filling up. Each pot will have levels. Level 5 or 6 on a Bell fruit means its very generous (ready to pay), level 0 or 1 is tight mode.

For each go the pots fill up. Lets say it's 10p a go running at 78%. 7.8p will be split between the pots, where 2.2p will go to the cash tin.

Each pot has a chance of triggering. Once triggered a value will be allocated. If the small wins pot is triggered and theres £10 in it, it could pay £1. Doesn't pay the whole thing.

The above is just a rough example. There is more to it but i'm not an expert. Machine play much better when using random and is a fairer game for all. As soon as a compensated machine pays out loads it's dead for ages.

Thanks @Player for the explanation, that's a useful insight into how compensated machines work.  I'll try and access the hidden menu this evening, many thanks for your replies.

• Like 1

I tried accessing the hidden menu last night but hit a problem, the two 92250 refill keys I have don't work.  They seem to fit the lock ok but won't turn it.  Please could anyone advise what type/number refill key I need for a Bell Fruit machine from the early 1990's.  If anyone has a spare suitable key I'll gladly send beer tokens.  Thanks in advance.

Refill keys 92250.jpg

Edited by shirts_w

3 hours ago, shirts_w said:

I tried accessing the hidden menu last night but hit a problem, the two 92250 refill keys I have don't work.  They seem to fit the lock ok but won't turn it.  Please could anyone advise what type/number refill key I need for a Bell Fruit machine from the early 1990's.  If anyone has a spare suitable key I'll gladly send beer tokens.  Thanks in advance.

Refill keys 92250.jpg

That's because they're not refil keys, they're just keys...

I believe the key number 93000 is for refil, and there's loads on eBay.

no "beer tokens" though... just regular currency.

Edited by Generation

28 minutes ago, Generation said:

That's because they're not refil keys, they're just keys...

I believe the key number 93000 is for refil, and there's loads on eBay.

no "beer tokens" though... just regular currency.

Thanks @Generation, those keys came with a different machine (maybe Barcrest) so probably no wonder they don't fit this Bell Fruit.  I can see several refill keys on eBay with code 87000 but haven't come across 93000 yet.  I guess the other option is to buy the switch with matching key, it looks like it's single pole single throw.  Thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, quattrohead said:

87000 is refill.

92250 is JPM and 92300 is Barcrest standard door locks supplied from the factory.

Thanks @quattrohead, so those 92250 keys I have are for JPM, and key type 87000 should be correct for refill on my early 1990's Bell Fruit.  I've just order a 87000 key and should get it in a few days.  Many thanks for your help.

Edited by shirts_w

22 hours ago, Player said:

Thanks @Player .  While I wait for a refill key to come I've re-read your instructions.  Is there a word missing after '1st hold' such as another button, or is it depress the first (leftmost?) hold button and start button together?  Thanks again for your help with this.

1 hour ago, shirts_w said:

Thanks @Player .  While I wait for a refill key to come I've re-read your instructions.  Is there a word missing after '1st hold' such as another button, or is it depress the first (leftmost?) hold button and start button together?  Thanks again for your help with this.

Is there a word missing after '1st hold' such as another button.......... no see below. 2 buttons 

"1st hold and start down together"

12 minutes ago, Player said:

Is there a word missing after '1st hold' such as another button.......... no see below. 2 buttons 

"1st hold and start down together"

Thanks @Player, so it's depress the leftmost hold button and the start button together, have I got that right?  Thanks again for your trouble.

The video shows 

Reset (open and close back door)

When resetting hold down TOGETHER hold 1 + start

Let go of buttond once it's all set up

Open back door, put into test.

Turn refil key and go through tests, you will see the extra ones at the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Player said:

The video shows 

Reset (open and close back door)

When resetting hold down TOGETHER hold 1 + start

Let go of buttond once it's all set up

Open back door, put into test.

Turn refil key and go through tests, you will see the extra ones at the end.

Thanks once again @Player, your notes and the video make it clear what to do and what I should see.  I look forward to trying it once my refill key arrives.  What a great forum this is, experts like your good self taking the time and trouble to help others.  Many thanks, I will post again once I've tried your method.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, MattyL said:

Picked up a scorpion 2 today to have a look at. Literally can't wait to try the hidden menu and join the club 😅

Enjoy your Scorpion 2 machine.  In the hidden menu there is 'RAM DUMPER' which I assume can be used to clear the RAM although I haven't tried it yet.

Edited by shirts_w

1 hour ago, shirts_w said:

Enjoy your Scorpion 2 machine.  In the hidden menu there is 'RAM DUMPER' which I assume can be used to clear the RAM although I haven't tried it yet.

It probably sends the entire contents of the RAM a byte at a time through the dataport socket. Useful for debugging the software during development. 

I found a similar function in one of the Coinmaster quiz machine ROMs when I reverse engineered  it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CanonMan said:

It probably sends the entire contents of the RAM a byte at a time through the dataport socket. Useful for debugging the software during development. 

I found a similar function in one of the Coinmaster quiz machine ROMs when I reverse engineered  it.

Thanks @CanonMan, that sounds entirely logical.  Would it also clear the RAM? or is that just wishful thinking on my part as a convenient way to fix 'Error 92' ?

41 minutes ago, shirts_w said:

Would it also clear the RAM?

I wouldn't have thought so, it wouldn't be very helpful if it did.

The Coinmaster RAM dump routine didn't clear the RAM, if that's any help.