Help bell fruit crazy

elmagique

Battery holds ram data, coins in/out, percentage etc etc.

That battery has leaked across several components, that may be the probable cause of the issues you are having.

Board either needs repairing if possible or a new undamaged board needs sourcing as a replacement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Photo

The battery is hold

Look the composent is corrosif

This battery 

Thank you for this answer Do you have internet addresses for a scorpion 4 because in France I can not find I ask myself the map with the vga is a graphic card? And the card next door without the vga is the card of the games? Thanks again for your help

Sorry, you can only try Internet Auction sites for a replacement that is guaranteed to be working.

Scorp4 mpu's are getting more difficult to find in good condition.

• Thanks 1

The components on the right of the battery are mostly for the battery and recharge circuit and the 2 small chips are digital potentiometers for the audio.

Looking at the screen on line 1 the main RAM is ok (how useful is a screen!). The board seems awake to me as it's not reseting. It doesn't appear to be able to load the ROM. These two traces look bad here -

20210524_003239.jpg

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, MattyL said:

The components on the right of the battery are mostly for the battery and recharge circuit and the 2 small chips are digital potentiometers for the audio.

Looking at the screen on line 1 the main RAM is ok (how useful is a screen!). The board seems awake to me as it's not reseting. It doesn't appear to be able to load the ROM. These two traces look bad here -

20210524_003239.jpg

to change the battery is there any special handling to do where are there precautions to take before changing it Thank you for your responses and your help.

Scorpion 4's work ok without a battery.

The battery is just to keep the machines memory while it's switched off (how many coins in, pot % etc)

The battery at 0volts is not the cause of the problem with the game not working.

There's no point in changing the battery yet until the board is repaired

It's the corrosion on the board that needs to be worked on

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Go little suite
Well I looked at the tracks cut I redid the tracks about 4 hours of work there were a lot of them I had to work with a magnifying glass to enlarge
I reconnected the card and the reboot terminal problem
So I looked and by removing the brown thread see photos with a red line
The terminal resets adder testing
I followed the trail well I'm sure the thread goes there
I watch about 100 times to be sure
A I removed the battery as it is not mandatory
I'm disappointed that its not working if you have any tips i'm pernicious
For information the 4 LEDs are green
The worst thing in history is that it is very difficult to find a scorpion 4

IMG_20210525_220334.jpg

IMG_20210525_220322.jpg

IMG_20210525_212212.jpg

IMG_20210525_193503.jpg

IMG_20210525_193459.jpg

IMG_20210525_193501.jpg

Be indulgent with me, I am a mechanic and not an electronic technician
I have a question there are 2 slot 1 games extension and the other the games
What is the card with vga output? The games or the expansion because I'm not sure where they are going
If anyone has a scorpion 4 even broken down I am a taker if there is the game too lol
Because I am not sure that this under the card which is broken finally I do not know any more I did my best to revive this terminal

Bisous de France 

Posted (edited)

Really good effort on the repairs- they're reasonably difficult boards to repair. The last video it looks like the board is reseting. There can be a million reasons for it.

The VGA card is the expansion and the other is the game card. Going forward I don't know what else to suggest. 

You might have more luck replacing every component in the damaged area (see picture) but this doesn't guarantee the board will work. You sometimes find more track breaks underneath

Screenshot_20210525-231927_Gallery.jpg

Edited by MattyL

Posted (edited)

In the past 6 months I've picked up broken scorpion 4's for as little as £1 from UK eBay. There's also "working" boards on there.

You can try a UK company called E-service they will have a 3 month warranty. 

Don't know what more I can suggest to help it's a difficult board to get running and could take a few months working

Edited by MattyL

The board will need cleaning to neutralize the rot or it will keep eating away and within a few months stop working again.great repair job by the way.and no boards are easy to fix.

So, I decided to embark on the adventure but before I would have wanted to know several information what is needed as a soldering iron to unsolder the electronic chip in the second question is it difficult to unsolder it is more is- it easy to find them does anyone have a plan of the electronic board because i really want to save this arcade kiosk now, i know it is possible to put a Pandora box but i prefer to keep it original and I looked for a Scorpion 4 card but it is very difficult to find one. I have found on several sites for 34 dollars. Put it is a scam because the site is declared as possible on the internet, it is really annoying not being able to repair this card despite all the efforts that we put into it. I know that the forum community can really help me I saw several videos him several tutorials look at several images, but I think that with a plan of the electronic map, it would be really easier because I could check all the tracks without disassembling maybe a charitable soul passing by may have a card in reserve because I really do not know if it is the sea card or the VGA card or the games card and we chat when you say it There are millions of things that cause a terminal to remain, for example, a failed capacitor component short-circuited. I also wanted to know how the tape starts because when I turn it on, there is no light or sound just the screen rebooting that might give me the clues about the failure to find. Thanks again to the community.

19 hours ago, elmagique said:

Go little suite
Well I looked at the tracks cut I redid the tracks about 4 hours of work there were a lot of them I had to work with a magnifying glass to enlarge
I reconnected the card and the reboot terminal problem
So I looked and by removing the brown thread see photos with a red line
The terminal resets adder testing
I followed the trail well I'm sure the thread goes there
I watch about 100 times to be sure
A I removed the battery as it is not mandatory
I'm disappointed that its not working if you have any tips i'm pernicious
For information the 4 LEDs are green
The worst thing in history is that it is very difficult to find a scorpion 4

IMG_20210525_220334.jpg

IMG_20210525_220322.jpg

IMG_20210525_212212.jpg

IMG_20210525_193503.jpg

IMG_20210525_193459.jpg

IMG_20210525_193501.jpg

Well done for trying to fix the board, and all the time you've spent working on it.  I'd check your link wires, some look as if the bare ends could be contacting adjacent tracks.  It best to have just one or two mm of bare wire at the ends before soldering, and to use wire with heat resisting insulation that won't shrink back when you solder them.  Good luck

There a good scorpion4 schematics here on the mecca available in downloads. You will have to make a donation towards the running of site (£5) to gain access. 

You can remove the chips or just cut them carfully if you're going to replace.

**Beware IC9 with the sticker is a custom chip that has a logic program on it... don't cut that one! We don't have the program to go on those**

As a small bit of advice if you want to repair a scorpion4 you'll have a better chance with 2 or 3 lightly damaged ones and repair all together.

I've done a few and they seem to have an aggressive watchdog which shuts the boards down and it's engineering level work to fault find what's wrong with them so having a few to compare really helps. The majority do run after repairs and replace components... but then you have other faults like audio and lamp matrix to sort out sometimes too.

• Like 1