BWB LINE UP RESTORATION PROJECT

4 hours ago, MikeB said:

Coming on nicely Dave, not to far to go and she will be working 👌

Thank you Mike , every thing is taking a lot longer than I expected as this is my first total strip down and rebuild but I’ve learnt loads so far and still learning so it’s something I’m enjoying more as I get closer to smelling finish only problem I think I’m going to want to do all my mpu 4 cabs to the same standard and finish so they all look the same in a nice line 😁 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tilly1 said:

Thank you Mike , every thing is taking a lot longer than I expected as this is my first total strip down and rebuild but I’ve learnt loads so far and still learning so it’s something I’m enjoying more as I get closer to smelling finish only problem I think I’m going to want to do all my mpu 4 cabs to the same standard and finish so they all look the same in a nice line 😁 

Absolutely they all need to look good! Plenty of work ahead!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so a little bit more progress today ,I’ve cheated 😉as it made more sense to get a base professionally made in a little workshop locally for £30 than me  knocking one up myself and I’m really glad I did as the finish is fantastic my attempt would have taken at least half a day and would never have looked anywhere near as good here’s a few pictures ,I’ve just got to paint it a quick coat tonight and another tomorrow 😁

017B82FA-5819-4BA3-9C52-E96BBB079CAA.jpeg

BEF0868B-BD2E-415C-8DCC-AE4B03136C5B.jpeg

29AA7289-EA20-4E7C-8A2E-211890472AF4.jpeg

4714C32C-025E-4D75-AF0C-85C3188B07A9.jpeg

6FBD047F-56D8-4539-B7AC-0EE37C86AF42.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sulzerned said:

Looks brilliant and for 30 quid its money well.spent

Yep I got them to make two up at that price each 👍 as I am already thinking about my next project 😁hopefully a bit easier than this one as it’s already a working machine and the cab is ok just needs a tidy up and the frames sprayed I will probably try and spray the lamp mask again if it comes away from the glass easy enough as it really makes a difference with the brightness of the lamps behind the glass anyway more updates to follow as I’m getting close now to finishing hopefully if I get time I can do another update tomorrow cheers 🍻 

On 8/14/2021 at 9:29 PM, Tilly1 said:

Yep I got them to make two up at that price each 👍 as I am already thinking about my next project 😁hopefully a bit easier than this one as it’s already a working machine and the cab is ok just needs a tidy up and the frames sprayed I will probably try and spray the lamp mask again if it comes away from the glass easy enough as it really makes a difference with the brightness of the lamps behind the glass anyway more updates to follow as I’m getting close now to finishing hopefully if I get time I can do another update tomorrow cheers 🍻 

looks good to me mate 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so ive up loaded the video to youtube now but the quality is not as good as the one on my phone not sure what I’m doing  wrong ? Any way it’s not finished yet I’m still testing and got a couple of bits to sort but I thought I would do a quick 50 credit  testing video and this is what happened I never caught it in this mood in the wild 😁

Edited by Tilly1
  • Like 2

Cheers Sam it’s not finished yet ,I got a couple more bits to do and then I will do some more photos and videos , I’m away for the next two week so work stops play again ☹️ But I’m nearly there now 😁cheers 🍻