SRU glasses

netdent

• 4 weeks later...

I remember making a generic lite a nudge style bottom glass for a friend of mine, years ago as an experiment. My mate had access to the councils very expensive Vinyl plotter, and he stuck my artwork in to it, and printed various coloured layers and mask. We pasted it on to clear glass and it came out quite well if I remember.

With that being said, I would imagine you can now print a decent colour image on to clear sticky back plastic, and stick it on to a sheet of glass. I would love to know if anyone has tried doing anything like that? because I know screen printing on glass is expensive to set up, and not cost effective for a small run.

40 minutes ago, matrixnetuk said:

Ian Eason has been in touch with me recently (This month) and has said he will print me a bottom Red EWS glass at some point..................

I thought about Ian Stef but what will it cost

Im not sure to be honest 😞 But i  shall give him a bit longer 

When Ian requested various items back in 2017 I sent him my Red EWS Top Glass plus a spare non working SRU Controller board on special NEXT DAY  parcel delivery with the agreement he would swap those for a Bottom Glass 

obviously that was back in 2017 but i mentioned Ian has made contract in the last month and basically said he would sort me out so fingers crossed 

• 5 months later...
16 minutes ago, instance automatics said:

we have these in prototype stage now, they look great , bound to be a tweak or two but im happy with them for now wanna sneak peek ?

Yes please!

• 6 months later...

These were free Ronnie based on kit i sent him back in 2017 

The mirror finish is the only downside as its like a reflective satin silver but im still extremely happy with them 

Im pretty sure Ian could run off more copies but would need a few on order to do them cost effectively 

only way you could do it is with a group buy maybe 

They look good stef 

As we all know they can not do the silver like they did back in the day something to do with the chemical which can not be used no more.

Well done Ian 👏 

He as done well with these glasses 

And a few other parts from the sys80.

• Like 1

these can be done in full mirror finish but the company that does it takes an age to do a prototype, this is why i took another route, they are not mirror like the originals but they are well acceptable, ive done a load of work on this glass stuff & sold one glass, ONE, did it for the love of it really & to prove if you try hard you can achieve anything.

sold decent amount of the S80 Programme cards .

oh & now you all know im a man of my word, might take a while but we get it done in the end ....

• Like 10