CTL Eachway Shuffle (SRU)

netdent

3 hours ago, Funfairwayne said:

I have just read this post. I must say well done for the effort put into this. Can’t wait to see it finished.

wish I had read this post a couple of months sooner.

Thanks I was watching your restore too, mine is not perfect I had trouble closing the gaps with those thick dowels! It's all back together and working but I need to remove the bezel and re do it as the paint finish is not good enough, also have new t-moulding to fit

Cheers Ronnie

• Like 1

Hey I think it’s a great project and well done you. I am hoping mine will be finished in the next day or so. What thickness chipboard did you use for the sides? I found the 22mm T&G quite smooth in fairness. Found it very hard to cut it has some tough bits in it. I used 4 pieces to make the cab. Got it from b&q so got it cut down to the 600 widths so all the inside is correct widths. I am interested on how it looks with the sides covered. You have gone to so much trouble sourcing a match every credit. 

3 minutes ago, Funfairwayne said:

Hey I think it’s a great project and well done you. I am hoping mine will be finished in the next day or so. What thickness chipboard did you use for the sides? I found the 22mm T&G quite smooth in fairness. Found it very hard to cut it has some tough bits in it. I used 4 pieces to make the cab. Got it from b&q so got it cut down to the 600 widths so all the inside is correct widths. I am interested on how it looks with the sides covered. You have gone to so much trouble sourcing a match every credit. 

Thanks, yours also looks great I had a special reserve a long time ago, great game, This JPM cab was only 18mm chipboard and I too used flooring panels I found they had a smooth side (top side) than the other side. Like I said it looked bumpy under a test piece of vinyl so I coated it with scrubbale emulsion paint ( 3 coats) then wet sanded it smooth, It looks really good. If I ever done it again I would use MDF for sure.

When I get the cash door done and the other bits (probably spring time) I will post some pics

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Back on this again!

New cash door fitted, new t-moulding fitted,reel glass button panel bezel removed to be repainted properly this time. I will post plenty pics once completed for the last time lol

On 7/30/2021 at 6:27 PM, netdent said:

Cheers guys, just the bezel to get properly painted and I'm done.

This one has probably cost me a grand!

ronnie have you tried lightly sanding the bezel I say lightly as it's gel coat not paint and the gel coat is very thin and to much sanding and you will be back to the fibre glass and that is not good...

then mop polish with some g6 compound.

I've done mine and it came up very good like new to be honest.

20200630_120359.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Wow that's mint Joe! Yes mine had lumps and bumps as well as chips, Also the laquer I used has all seperated and crazed! so it looks a mess now! I'm going to put it into a paint shop and get it done right hopefully.

Did you paint that Joe or just mop it?

Edited by netdent
add text

1 hour ago, Joe1 said:

ronnie have you tried lightly sanding the bezel I say lightly as it's gel coat not paint and the gel coat is very thin and to much sanding and you will be back to the fibre glass and that is not good...

then mop polish with some g6 compound.

I've done mine and it came up very good like new to be honest.

20200630_120359.jpg

That looks ace nice one.

25 minutes ago, netdent said:

Wow that's mint Joe! Yes mine had lumps and bumps as well as chips, Also the laquer I used has all seperated and crazed! so it looks a mess now! I'm going to put it into a paint shop and get it done right hopefully.

Did you paint that Joe or just mop it?

ronnie them bumps were air pockets when there rolled the fibre glass they didn't roll it properly you see that alot when you sand it back the heat from sanding bring them to the top which leaves cavities same happy if when mopping the heat bring them cavities to the top pain in the bum just a case these guys who rolled it didn't do the job properly!

ronnie ive worked with gel coat and fibre glass for many years its from going through the grades of sanding then wet sanding then a good mopping  but making sure you don't get it too hot.

hope when you get yours reworked it comes out nice

you deserve it from all the work you have done.

as you can see from mine the gel coat as been mixed with white  so there are not just black.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Well this will be the last update but I might do a video but I'm sure you have all seen an EWS in action.

It's not perfect by any means! slight white showing at the edges of the t moulding, the new stuff I got was a fraction too narrow! I will black the white bits with a fine brush.

Still need to cut the inner cash door but that's about it.

Going beside EWS will be chances unlimited in the house!

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1069.JPG

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1071.JPG

IMG_1072.JPG

IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG

IMG_1076.JPG

Edited by netdent
added
  • Like 4

Beautiful job ronnie .that new vinyl you got made really looks pretty good doesn't it .bet you didn't think you'd spend so much on it but its certainly been worth it .I like the ctl version as well as the jpm version s .

Thanks Nick, yes I'm happy with it, would I do it again? Don't think so lol.

I too like the CTL version but I also think the blue glass looks better than red! even if red is more desireable

3 hours ago, stegarv66 said:

That looks boss that Ronnie I would rather have a Sru CTL anyday of the week than a mps mark 2 EWS 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

I’d rather have a photo of a ctl each way shuffle than a mk2 ews.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Thanks guys that means a lot to me, and at the end probably glad I did it, I suppose I had to, paid £450 as it was plus £80 carriage up here, then all the work! Wood new glasses the expensive vinyl.......

• Like 2

On 8/21/2021 at 9:45 AM, netdent said:

Thanks guys that means a lot to me, and at the end probably glad I did it, I suppose I had to, paid £450 as it was plus £80 carriage up here, then all the work! Wood new glasses the expensive vinyl.......

On 8/21/2021 at 6:24 AM, niftynudger said:

I’d rather have a photo of a ctl each way shuffle than a mk2 ews.

lovely job mate on the ctl and worth all that effort as well 

not sure what this dislike is on the mps2 version but some of us just cant afford the mk1 😏so here is a mk2

3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks like new amazing job don't know why anyone would dislike I've had a few negative comments on machine posts  but I wouldn't worry some people are never happy that machine would look great in any collection I've got a mk1 ews and your right they are silly money now it's  just good to see nicely restored classics 😊

• Like 1