bell fruit psu problems

banditwontwork

hi chaps ...plugged in my lord of the rings fruity and no power / lights nothing...story goes like this ..a mate said you can have this bandit cause it wont power up ( he bought another replacement fruity) I thought it could a couple of things ..battery or psu..so I replaced the battery ...no joy , so I then checked psu its so quiet im not sure its working (use to the humming)... plugged in the psu and sat in on the table to measure voltages but they are either erratic or zero, checked for dry joints/cap bulge all seems ok ...its a sanken GSK017HA ..seen replacement psu's on fleabay but don't know if this is the original psu  ...cheers Rob

ah those!! Bellfruit disease!

they are repairable but to be honest its cheaper to pick a known working one from ebay, by the time repair charges and postage both ways are paid most would not bother! these psu's were not great when new! bellfruits answer to them resetting in use was to remove some lamps!

Stadium it is then...had a look early this morning for dry joints but no luck ..my only hope is that the scorp 4 is up to scratch...one chap on here paulburton96 use to repair scorp 2's but he's now retired ...its amazing how something like these projects keep you awake at night..it won't be me

Stadium ones are better as they have a built in fan to keep em cool, my fruity kept re setting itself this was due to the original sanken PSU replaced it and is fine, well that part is lol.

the later versions of the sanken had a 12v fan, trouble is they burn out as if the power supply is set to give 12v out on the 12v pins it won't stay running! it has to be set at over 13v for them to work which is why the fans burn out!