SRU display problem

netdent

As I'm tackling more bits and bobs I had noticed the display would at time go out or segments flicker, I removed it and noticed all the header pins for the plug were cracked as in solder, I reflowed those and it's much better but I'm still getting a segment go out, a tap on the side brings it back, I also noticed one ogf the chips has been socketed! all the other soldering looked fine under mag light, guess I should have reflowed the whole board.

any advice appreciated

thanks Ronnie

i ll be interested to know the cure for this one as ive got two credit displays doing exactly the same on my eachway s . I did replace the small cap on the board which helped .cant remember spec but i think it s 10v /25w .

This is very common with these.  I found changing the IC's cured the dead segments (after I'd bloody changed everything else) and the chips run hot.  It could be anything though including the ton of resistors or dry joints.  

This is very common with these.  I found changing the IC's cured the dead segments (after I'd bloody changed everything else) and the chips run hot.  It could be anything though including the ton of resistors or dry joints.  

Cheers John, will whip it out again and reflow all the solder

Ronnie

Lol I will. If you tell me the number on the IC foe the credit display, I might have a spare for you.

Ah vinny I think that's already in hand, but thanks for the thought, it was more the manifold and coin entries

cheers Ronnie

Did you check the solder pins on the plug that goes to the board? all mine were cracked!!!

I've not looked to be honest. I just assumed its a common

thing as Nick's does it and the one in Weston is out.

Will have a closer look weekend :)