Astra Stampede

chasnbons

Sold it on to a good friend of mine, and as far as i know it IS being well looked after.

I tried to convert my Ring The Bell to £15.

It didn't seem to be on the Rom itself, i not sure what its called, but was to do with the Square chip that it about 30mm x 30mm in size, and was a B$£TARD to get out   :(

Has to have a certain code on it, and they are NOT cheap !!

FPGA?

Sold it on to a good friend of mine, and as far as i know it IS being well looked after.

It didn't seem to be on the Rom itself, i not sure what its called, but was to do with the Square chip that it about 30mm x 30mm in size, and was a B$£TARD to get out   :(

That'll be an FPGA then.

Never try and lever one out of its socket with a screwdriver as you'll almost certainly crack the socket. A PLCC extractor (a couple of quid off eBay) is the tool to use.

Never try and lever one out of its socket with a screwdriver as you'll almost certainly crack the socket. A PLCC extractor (a couple of quid off eBay) is the tool to use.

Sam usually uses a fork  :lol:  

• 2 weeks later...

Glad it's got a good home mate.

• 9 years later...

9yr bump! 

Recently bought a Stampede.

The 'cow 7' on the middle reel has to be the coolest reel symbol out there, but that's a new thread it's own right... 

1257615381_IMG_66893.thumb.jpg.a68465d97f98b5fe2b3d4e9aee7fbff0.jpg

I'm on the look out for good/mint condition top and belly glasses for Reel Stampede. Mine are good, but not 'great', and i like to restore games back to their former glory if i can. I'm also trying to find original decals, or at least a decent scan or art file to be able to reproduce them - £4 to £15. 

@stevedude2 did you say you had a top glass back then? 

578753154_IMG_66973.thumb.JPG.37f8ef3f5ea040c47c4d0e13d4b2ffc1.JPG

Mine's running v1.03, sounds like i might need a different FGPA to run v1.05... 

This is the FGPA in mine:

618859364_IMG_66912.thumb.jpg.fe02b6012ca8694d5b50b7ae63f38795.jpg

7 hours ago, Monkeyboypaul said:

9yr bump! 

Recently bought a Stampede.

The 'cow 7' on the middle reel has to be the coolest reel symbol out there, but that's a new thread it's own right... 

1257615381_IMG_66893.thumb.jpg.a68465d97f98b5fe2b3d4e9aee7fbff0.jpg

I'm on the look out for good/mint condition top and belly glasses for Reel Stampede. Mine are good, but not 'great', and i like to restore games back to their former glory if i can. I'm also trying to find original decals, or at least a decent scan or art file to be able to reproduce them - £4 to £15. 

@stevedude2 did you say you had a top glass back then? 

578753154_IMG_66973.thumb.JPG.37f8ef3f5ea040c47c4d0e13d4b2ffc1.JPG

Mine's running v1.03, sounds like i might need a different FGPA to run v1.05... 

This is the FGPA in mine:

618859364_IMG_66912.thumb.jpg.fe02b6012ca8694d5b50b7ae63f38795.jpg

Any chance of hi res images of the top and bottom reel glass sections for emulation please and some of the full cab in view like the belly glass one you’ve taken above

2 hours ago, vectra666 said:

Any chance of hi res images of the top and bottom reel glass sections for emulation please and some of the full cab in view like the belly glass one you’ve taken above

Yes, of course. Likely some time next week, but I’ll do something for you. 

Edited by Monkeyboypaul
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, stevedude2 said:

@Monkeyboypaul I did have the top glass for this (although it was perspex), but I gave it away to a mate of @Amot a couple of years back, Ben I think his name was.  Dunno if he still has it...

Ah never mind, thank you for getting back to me.

Weird that it was perspex though. 

On 7/16/2022 at 4:32 PM, vectra666 said:

Will PM a few now.  

• 2 weeks later...