Jump to content

JPM In 2019


MakinTrix21
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, fruitsnappa said:

Do they not still do stuff for foreign markets? There used to be some online stuff too, Full House if memory serves.

There international and crystal website is gone, and there main one hasn’t been updated in years so it’s a mystery, but there company comes up as active.. above. 

http://www.jpm.co.uk/home/

014B4481-0CCE-4C4C-A942-47BC8F3A2A1E.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw  the 5alive one maybe 10 years ago on the boat over to Scotland mate didn't get a play on it tho.

I used to play the online 5liner and clone of it al Murray,  good games especially the full house one good fun.  think 5liner was 17.50 jp on 25p stake online so strange but it would go over if you got the top same as the al Murray one never go a jp on full house unfortunately as they aren't available to play anywhere.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JPM died in the mid to late 90s when the original owners sold up.

 

im hoping frank bird comes back in the near future to give us the full insight(not only the glory days of the 80s but its demise during the late 90s when it was flogged off (to sega IIRC) and on his thoughts of why it all went tits up).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Road Runner said:

JPM died in the mid to late 90s when the original owners sold up.

 

im hoping frank bird comes back in the near future to give us the full insight(not only the glory days of the 80s but its demise during the late 90s when it was flogged off (to sega IIRC) and on his thoughts of why it all went tits up).

It does seem that way, most of there good Machine were before 96/1997 by the time Sega sold it in 2004 it seems they were clueless what to do. So maybe Sega ultimately killed JPM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2019 at 7:36 AM, -Crest- said:

It does seem that way, most of there good Machine were before 96/1997 by the time Sega sold it in 2004 it seems they were clueless what to do. So maybe Sega ultimately killed JPM

That abortion "Sonic" was the nail in the coffin.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, sulzerned said:

Yep definitely a downward spiral by the time sonic came out .think the original jpm lot saw the bigger picture and did the right thing by getting out and selling to sega 

The bigger picture being on line and they didn't enter that market. No idea what happened. Some of those old games would make great online games.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, MattyL said:

Sega used to be huge but didn't they start on a downward spiral in the late 90's with the flops Sega Saturn and Dreamcast?

True mate the 32x for the Sega Genesis was a failure and Saturn didn’t do to well but the Dreamcast was a complete failure even though it was the most powerful console at the time and played online also the first of generation 6 consoles I think the lack of games and the release of the ps2 with dvd support is what killed the Dreamcast and Sega stopped making consoles after that (Sega only sold the Dreamcast for 1 year and half they should of gave it more chance)

Edited by -Crest-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, -Crest- said:

True mate the 32x for the Sega Genesis was a failure and Saturn didn’t do to well but the Dreamcast was a complete failure even though it was the most powerful console at the time and played online also the first of generation 6 consoles I think the lack of games and the release of the ps2 with dvd support is what killed the Dreamcast and Sega stopped making consoles after that (Sega only sold the Dreamcast for 1 year and half they should of gave it more chance)

 

Indeed

 

i got the dreamcast on launch day back in 1999 and for retro purposes I rebuilt my collection last year .

it was probobally the most underrated console to date.

 

segas problem with the Saturn was its difficulty to code for and the way they had been pissing off developers for the last few years so quite a few gave the dreamcast a wide birth(EA being the main one with its popular FIFA football game)even though they embedded it with Windows CE to make porting PC games easy.

SEGA had the idea of using the gigabyte CD rom disk known as a gd rom to help curb piracy that the PlayStation suffered with a normal cd rom disks (oddly not the Saturn)but they left a weakness in the system by allowing mini disks to boot without the proper security checks thus allowing those boot CDs to surface and gd rom games could be ripped down and burned to normal CDs and the whole anti paracy measures could be bypasses without the need for a mod chip.

segas thinking must have been that the system would be more secure as gd roms could not be read by a normal CD/DVD burner found in a PC but software was coded using the easy to program dreamcast that actually used the consoles own GD rom drive to read the disk.

the later verson dreamcast motherboard had this back door hack fixed but it was then too late.

 

had they used a DVD drive with better security and had a better relationship with developers the console would have succeeded and we could have now been on the DC 2,3 or 4.

Edited by Road Runner
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice collection.

i have

Atari 65xe

Atari 1040ste x2(one has a 4 meg upgrade)

Atari jaguar x2(one has the CD drive)

Atari Jaguar Apline development board(that's the official one from Atari)

Adman grandstand pong game from 1976-77

Sega dreamcast 

and I have just bagged a boxed PlayStation 1(1002 audiophile).

 

you can't beat a bit of retro.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...