MAGIK

The Birmingham mecca meet report

thanks chap for all turning up paul was made up and very happy with all the money you put in :) he will be opening the doors again will let you know when. thanks for a great day

Thats ok it was worth every penny. I spent about £20 and not had so much fun

in years for so little cost ;)

No worries about the lock Steve, Mark did give me a thorough explanation of the locking mech and then game me a new latch with horizontal and vertical fixing holes ..fingers crossed this will do the job :-)

Stu can you ask Paul to get a Reelcrazy and maybe that nice maygay breakout fruit in the arcade for the next visit ;-)

come on stanmarsh get your piccies up :D

Fab day and a wonderful house I could only dream of owning.

20 quid lasted all day and I enjoyed spending it.

Great to meet some of the other members, mds, nifty, vinny, Steve, superbank and JpmStu.

Special thanks to Paul, our host, and I hope we can do it again sometime soon.

Paul

Amazing stuff thanks for the photos and vids all. Me and magik spent the day sulking :lol:

yup. Me no want to play anymore Im in a huff.

yup. Me no want to play anymore Im in a huff.

pauls having a ride up to jimmys this year mate dont know when yet tho

Edited by jpmstu

You look at that video and you see just how diverse that collection is. Theres a little bit of everything- its not just one particular style or technical platform, its a good decent mix of diffrent machines. I particularly liked the row of electromech Bellfruits and the two black box machines. Upstairs downstairs especially, that doesnt appear often and to see it cherished like that is very very nice.

I also noticed a rarity in amongst that lot like no other. An origional SRU nudge double up. In the eachway nudger style cabinet instead of the light a nudge one. Just sublime. And nice to see as well, that they are PLAYED, and not just giant ornaments.

Well done Paul for allowing the mecca community into your home, and I can see an enjoyable day was had by all who attended.

May 2012 continue to bring meets like this!

yeah thats a point, names to faces whos who??

From video #1... I'm in the striped top playing bouncer in one of the vids. Steve lancett (L) and Paul (boozenet) stood chatting infront of exchanges. Si (transformer) playing Triple Chance with his daughter. Stu (JPMStu) playing eachway nudger. Alex (aaamusements) playing summat just to right of Action Pack. Jon (safecracker) playing ready steady go.

Video #2 chasnbon playing Fruit Chaser, Steve n Paul STILL chatting, Alex stood by si, stu on nudge double up and me again on autoroute

From video #1... I'm in the striped top playing bouncer in one of the vids. Steve lancett (L) and Paul (boozenet) stood chatting infront of exchanges. Si (transformer) playing Triple Chance with his daughter. Stu (JPMStu) playing eachway nudger. Alex (aaamusements) playing summat just to right of Action Pack. Jon (safecracker) playing ready steady go. There's a few named for ya:)

Edited by vinny

And we got to eat some of his food too :)

Lol yeah, whatever you hadn't hoovered up!!! :)

From video #1... I'm in the striped top playing bouncer in one of the vids. Steve lancett (L) and Paul (boozenet) stood chatting infront of exchanges. Si (transformer) playing Triple Chance with his daughter. Stu (JPMStu) playing eachway nudger. Alex (aaamusements) playing summat just to right of Action Pack. Jon (safecracker) playing ready steady go. There's a few named for ya:)

And who broke mystery spin LOL

It wasn't working when we got there but Stu got it working for us. Had a play but it didn't do anything for me.

Yeah I noticed in the video someone had to turn it off and back on again.

What was your favourite out there.

My top 10 based on playability on the day

1. Autoroute

2. Plus Money

3. Fortune Numbers

4. Big Banker

5. Special Reserve

6. Alphabet

7. Bouncer

8. Hot Pot

9. Eachway Shuffle

10. Pound Stretcher

This is just based purely on how they were playing on the day. Went with £40 and came back with £28! No way could you make £12 last almost 5 hours these days!

Some great vids and pictures there. Gutted I couldn't make this, I hope there will be another soon. I'm all for giving others the opportunity to play my machines. There's nothing commercial in it, it's all about seeing others enjoy themselves.

Mine would be;

1. Super Nudge Gambler (the 10p 2 plays one)

2. Fruit Snapper

3. EWS shuffle

4. Fiesta

5. Fortune numbers

6. Upstairs downstairs/firecracker

7. Bouncer

8. Nudge double Up

9. Lynguard electro club

10. Lite a Nudge

I actually spent less than I thought, as I found another 5 pound coins in my coat pocket, so £15 overall.

Again my list is based on what played the best for me on the day.

Paul

Thanks so much for all your pictures and vids. It is brilliant to see all these machines. Looks like you all had a great day to remember. Thanks to Steve for the decent size picture of Bouncer, my favourite type of Jpm machine ever.

Thanks so much for all your pictures and vids. It is brilliant to see all these machines. Looks like you all had a great day to remember. Thanks to Steve for the decent size picture of Bouncer, my favourite type of Jpm machine ever.

It was playing very well too plenty of features even thi it wasn't paying out loads it was at least giving loads of small wins

Im not in any of the vids i was upstairs playing snooker but for the record i was the good looking one. ;)