MAGIK

The Birmingham mecca meet report

Im extremely jealous right now because as I type around 20 of our members are enjoying their afternoon in what can only be described as an arcade timewarp. Bouncer, steppa nudge, fruit chaser, alphabet, line up , snappy viper and countless other truely beautiful classic fruit machines are getting the play they deserve, and the members attending are getting to feel the buzz and excitment that these works of art provide. True AWPs, where the emphasis was actually on entertaining the player as well as providing a taking for the operator.

I hope everyone is having (has had by the time they return) an amazing day, and I expect, no , I demand, a report on todays events under this post!!

Hope you all had fun, awaiting the photos and videos of todays going on with relish!

Mee too,

Just got back, and a wheel bearing fail too . would rather have been there and it failed on the way home !

Hope all the guys had a great day, & look forward to seeing the pictures videos and comments, looks like half of them are still there lol

Id imagine they are going to be there for many hours yet!! come on guys, anyone got any news!!

If it hadn't been my daughter's birthday party today, I'd have been there as well.

Oh well, looking forward to seeing some photos :D

just waiting for stanmarsh , superbank , MDS or JPMstu to post, then we're on our way!

Well I have to say what a fabulous afternoon was had by all.

It was great being able to put faces to names and having a proper chat.

To Paul (the host) a massive thanks for allowing us into his home and treating us like he did, we couldn't have been made more welcome.

Talk about old memories flooding back, it was like going back in time and reliving my mis-spent youth!

Just need stan to get home now and upload the pics and vids that he took and then, you can all be even more jealous ;):D

I cannot even begin to describe the feeling as you climb down the stairs and hear the classic sounds of the machines being played. It truly was like being back in the 80's. A few coin alarms, £3 in tokens pumping out, the odd sigh of disappointment when you got 4 nudges but needed 5 for the jackpot.

In all the excitement I didn't think to take any pics but I know some were taken.

It really was like being in an arcade, having won tokens and wondering what to put them in next!

I big big Thankyou must go to Paul, out host, who looked after us very well with bacon sarnies, hot dogs and tea coffee etc. A gentleman without doubt.

If Paul is kind enough to do another open day I will be there again without fail. In the meantime, I'm hoping to do an open day once my pusher and jamma cab is up n running

I cannot even begin to describe the feeling as you climb down the stairs and hear the classic sounds of the machines being played. It truly was like being back in the 80's. A few coin alarms, £3 in tokens pumping out, the odd sigh of disappointment when you got 4 nudges but needed 5 for the jackpot.

In all the excitement I didn't think to take any pics but I know some were taken.

It really was like being in an arcade, having won tokens and wondering what to put them in next!

If Paul is kind enough to do another open day I will be there again without fail. In the meantime, I'm hoping to do an open day once my pusher and jamma cab is up n running

Edited by vinny

If you do vinny, you can count steve and me in :D

Great being able to put a face to you at last m8 and glad you got home safe

Sure, will do my garage isn't quite as comfy as Pauls arcade tho but will still be fun. Good to meet you both, and everyone else too. Good to put faces to names.

so whos got the photos and videos then?

better get them up quick while we all still can.

absolutely sublime. So whats the deal here, is that an arcade room in a big house, or a seperate arcade bought for a private collection??

Yup second that Vinny, a big thanks to Paul for opening his place up for this event. Very generous thing to do!

Was a good day, met some people I'd not met before, put some faces to names. I didn't do much playing on the day since nearly all these machines were mine at some stage and I'd played them to death already over the years, so spent most of my time upstairs playing snooker with Pauls house manager and best mate, (oh and raiding the bar and beer fridge, Bungle told me to!). I was the guy in the Grey hoody top wearing a Benny hat.

Had a good chat with Steve Lancett and Paul (Booze) both top guys.

Even managed to collect a Pinball machine from just down the road on the way home (thanks to Superbank), so yeah good day, good times.

Wonder if anyone fancied the challenge of making that bouncer foto spring to life as a DX??

absolutely sublime. So whats the deal here, is that an arcade room in a big house, or a seperate arcade bought for a private collection??

Arcade is down stairs under the Pool room/bar in like a huge cellar. It hits you as you

go down the stairs i can tell you :)

Yup second that Vinny, a big thanks to Paul for opening his place up for this event. Very generous thing to do!

Was a good day, met some people I'd not met before, put some faces to names. I didn't do much playing on the day since nearly all these machines were mine at some stage and I'd played them to death already over the years, so spent most of my time upstairs playing snooker with Pauls house manager and best mate, (oh and raiding the bar and beer fridge, Bungle told me to!). I was the guy in the Grey hoody top wearing a Benny hat.

Had a good chat with Steve Lancett and Paul (Booze) both top guys.

Even managed to collect a Pinball machine from just down the road on the way home (thanks to Superbank), so yeah good day, good times.

It was nice to meet you too Mike and Nifty Nudger. Great chat and i will

be sure to be down to see you soon fella :)

Dont know about anyone else, but im still buzzing with the excitement! It has made my birthday weekend complete. What a 40th!

Yeah was a top day. Met some new faces which was nice, and thanks also to Paul for the invite - much appreciated.

Not every day I get to play Lucky 2's, Tumble and Supatrack. :)

The house was designed and built from scratch with the arcade in mind, it's at basement level hence down the stairs, the snooker and bar level is directly above it. The basement arcade is half this level, with an indoor swimming pool and health suite/ sauna on the other half of the basement.

It's a lovely house as those who went there today no doubt will agree. I've still got the architect plans to it as my input was asked for the gamesroom design, but tbh I still prefer the older house (well mansion!).

Yeah was a top day. Met some new faces which was nice, and thanks also to Paul for the invite - much appreciated.

Not every day I get to play Lucky 2's, Tumble and Supatrack. :)

And we got to eat some of his food too :)

Evening Folks,

What can i say ...truly a fantastic day many many many thanks to Paul and his superb hospitality (Sausage, bacon and egg cobs inc endless drinks Footy on the big screens it just doesnt get any better ).

Great to see members from here too but of course the stars of the show had to be the fine array of of some incredible machines that played just how i remember em.

£20 in 10p's lasted the entire day! you just cant get anywhere close to this in todays age of fruity's

I didnt manage to score Unlimited nudges on any of the machines but boy did I hit some Jackpots absolute classic entertainment.

Fruit Machine Highlight for me was needing 6 nudges on Line Up for the £3 Bars Jackpot ...gambled from 2 to 4 and then to 6 Perfection!

If Paul were ever to host this again I would be there like a shot

Cheers from one very happy chappy :clap:

Evening Folks,

What can i say ...truly a fantastic day many many many thanks to Paul and his superb hospitality (Sausage, bacon and egg cobs inc endless drinks Footy on the big screens it just doesnt get any better ).

Great to see members from here too but of course the stars of the show had to be the fine array of of some incredible machines that played just how i remember em.

£20 in 10p's lasted the entire day! you just cant get anywhere close to this in todays age of fruity's

I didnt manage to score Unlimited nudges on any of the machines but boy did I hit some Jackpots absolute classic entertainment.

Fruit Machine Highlight for me was needing 6 nudges on Line Up for the £3 Bars Jackpot ...gambled from 2 to 4 and then to 6 Perfection!

If Paul were ever to host this again I would be there like a shot

Cheers from one very happy chappy :clap:

Did you get your lock advice off Mark as i forgot to show you :headache:

Nice to meet you tho fella :)

thanks chap for all turning up paul was made up and very happy with all the money you put in :) he will be opening the doors again will let you know when. thanks for a great day