Sign in to follow this  
pete_w

BFM - Mystique

This is my favourite BFM machine of all time. I used to play it loads and loads. Its only fault is it could be a bit tight at times but for me gave good entertainment value for money most of the time.

This machine was way ahead of its time. Top Stuff.

Just found this! tonight's the night.............

Hope to have a video soon Pete all going well with repair, fingers crossed

Has anyone dumped the roms for this one yet? Its one of my favourite machines and as it should now run in MFME v5 would like to knock up a layout for it

Has anyone dumped the roms for this one yet? Its one of my favourite machines and as it should now run in MFME v5 would like to knock up a layout for it

Apparently the ROM's are soldered onto the board, that is what I heard.

Oh Well :(

Only needs someone with good soldering skills to get them out and socket them.

I've got the mystique machine Pete. I don't think the Roms have been dumped but will look into it .unfortunately it's a big job as there are four roms to desolder !but it will pay for me.to get them.backed up .is there a way of dumping the roms without removing them perhaps ?

.if you are offering Chris I can bring the cart around 😉!

Edited by sulzerned

Are they actually EPROMs or just masked chips? What are the part numbers?

I could try but want to make sure I'll be able to read them before attempting it.

Hi Chris,

They are standard EPROM's 4 x 2764's it's just the hassle of un-soldering them and fitting sockets. All the SYS83 ROM carts I've seen so far have been soldered. By the time they got to SYS85 they were in sockets. I suppose that's why there's not much in the downloads section!

Would be good to get these dumped, I could have removed them when I had it but was worried they would get ruined! Hope it all pans out

Ronnie

Thanks bob. I will sort something out with you Chris. Just got.to fetch the cart now .definitely got.to dump these Roms.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this