mufcmufc

Galaxy!!!!!!!!!!

Not mine but a mates. Knew this baby would turn up one day :). Now for my question, is there a £4.80 rom set anywhere for this? It will be made available for DXing as soon as I can get down there and take pics

Nick

3704.attach

3705.attach

Nice looking machine. Never seen one before, but it looks like it is a close relative to Barcode, and the like.

Just checked the roms we have, and there is no set for Galaxy. So the roms will also need dumping, mate. :)

P.S. Have you managed to get the roms for Double Your Money dumped yet?

P.S. Have you managed to get the roms for Double Your Money dumped yet?

Nope, I did post somewhere that anyone is welcome to come and get the machine. It's behind 4 pinball machines at the back of the garage at the moment. If anyone wants it and can come and get it, feel free as I just wont have time in the near future to play with it. I'm in Staffordshire.

Nope, I did post somewhere that anyone is welcome to come and get the machine. It's behind 4 pinball machines at the back of the garage at the moment. If anyone wants it and can come and get it, feel free as I just wont have time in the near future to play with it. I'm in Staffordshire.

OK, mate. Thanks for letting me know. :)

I'm sure someone will take you up on your offer.

Is Double Your Money a Barcrest from the late 80's/early 90's?

I've heard of the name but can't picture it.

It might be, but this is an Ace machine with 5 reels (I think) same cabinet as the Hidden Treasures machines, but slightly before them (as no DMD)

DYM is an ACE machine, using the spACE tech. Here's a picture of it. :)

3706.attach

I never have seen that one before.

It would be great if it could be emulated, just to see what it's like to play. It seems more like an old Ace play, rather than the later sp.Ace tech, so a cross of both - sounds great :)

Hey Nick..one step closer to the grail..no surprise from me.

Great find, and it's in that tiny period when Bell fruit used cracking samples along with their standard set. I only ever played this in £4.80, so a £6 set should be interesting to play.

Is this s2??

Oldskooler

Not mine but a mates. Knew this baby would turn up one day :). Now for my question, is there a £4.80 rom set anywhere for this? It will be made available for DXing as soon as I can get down there and take pics

Nick

Ooohhh, clone of Flashback, or the other way around?

I bet it uses the same ROM set as Flashback. I too have never seen one of these.

Just seen your reply Chopley :)

Hey Nick..one step closer to the grail..no surprise from me.

Great find, and it's in that tiny period when Bell fruit used cracking samples along with their standard set. I only ever played this in £4.80, so a £6 set should be interesting to play.

Is this s2??

Oldskooler

The Grail will come one day Jaime :).

The samples are great on this machine, mate says he hasn't got sound at present, but it did have sound at some point with the last owner.

It's not a £6 set :( it's £3 20p hence why I need the £4.80 roms.

It's S1 looking at the cabinet (and going by the volume control being on the board)

The Grail will come one day Jaime :).

The samples are great on this machine, mate says he hasn't got sound at present, but it did have sound at some point with the last owner.

It's not a £6 set :( it's £3 20p hence why I need the £4.80 roms.

It's S1 looking at the cabinet (and going by the volume control being on the board)

Its Scorp 1 and sound faults are common. Had 2 scorp 1 boards recently with no sound. Both had faulty pots. This is VERY common for these baords.

Ooh, I missed this thread the first time round.

Ecellent find. :)

Any idea what Rom revision this is?

If it's one where the skill match feature spins fairly slowly, it's emptiable.

The reels have to be set up a certain way and eventually it's jackpot every time (with just a modicum of skill required ). IIRC, this also worked on the £3 version, but was trickier to perform than on the £4.80 original.

As token wins didn't register properly on Bellfruits of this era, it was an easy empty.

The £2.40 repeater on the £4.80 version would go crazy after a certain number of jackpots had been taken. Last time I played one (in a Pontins about 12 years ago) I got about 20 repeats in a row!

On 10/9/2007 at 11:07 PM, mufcmufc said:

Behind 4 pinball machines lol you jammy fu_ker oh great name as well

10 minutes ago, 1969kappa said:

Behind 4 pinball machines lol you jammy fu_ker oh great name as well

Might be safe to assume it no longer is, as that post is 12 years old 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Player said:

I have a Galaxy in my garage :)

I have a Cadbury Bournville in my fridge.... 😁

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Wanted club attraction said:

You still got my old machine then 

Yes mate. Got it working but i'm struggling for room. Just bought a new machine. I need a good clear out. You want it back? :)

5 hours ago, Player said:

Yes mate. Got it working but i'm struggling for room. Just bought a new machine. I need a good clear out. You want it back? :)

rom dump would be good??

1 hour ago, vectra666 said:

rom dump would be good??

Thought we had the ROMs for this. I'll get JP and version number, if we haven't then i'll dump em. Just means I have to get all my gear out and can't really be arsed. I will though if needed.

Cheers

• Like 3

On 2/24/2019 at 3:18 PM, Player said:

No it bored the arse off me to be honest 

plus I now have space and I quite like it 😂 

Edited by Wanted club attraction