Jump to content
RobT

Lucky Strike MPU3 Quick Question

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 Hope you're all ok :)

Quick question, I bought some Lucky Strike parts from a seller on ebay and noticed his machine had a 20p payout mec but nothing for the £1 which mine has.  So some may or may not know that in the machine are 2x50p tubes and pay out mecs, 10p and in mine a £1 mec and tube.

So is it possible to connect the 20p coin up aswell or is this missing from my machine as the £1 is wired up?  I've taken a few pics of the spade connectors which look to have been male and female joined.  I did see a dip switch for 20p but wanted to double check this is doable and which to where?  (sorry a dopey question I know) I've put in place the 20p tube and mec but not wired it up

Thanks all :)

 

20200202_162029.jpg

20200202_162051.jpg

20200202_162108.jpg

20200202_162128.jpg

20200202_162124.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not quite sure what you are asking, but I do know some club machines had an upgrade kit to replace the 2x50p tubes with a pound tube when the pound coin had an established circulation.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As suggested above may have come from a £1 upgraded machine but using a 20p slide and tube holder instead of a pond one .both are similar sized .or possibly the spares were from a strike a light which is the awp version of lucky strike and the seller was getting his machines  mixed up !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RobT said:

Hi all,

 Hope you're all ok :)

Quick question, I bought some Lucky Strike parts from a seller on ebay and noticed his machine had a 20p payout mec but nothing for the £1 which mine has.  So some may or may not know that in the machine are 2x50p tubes and pay out mecs, 10p and in mine a £1 mec and tube.

So is it possible to connect the 20p coin up aswell or is this missing from my machine as the £1 is wired up?  I've taken a few pics of the spade connectors which look to have been male and female joined.  I did see a dip switch for 20p but wanted to double check this is doable and which to where?  (sorry a dopey question I know) I've put in place the 20p tube and mec but not wired it up

Thanks all :)

 

20200202_162029.jpg

20200202_162051.jpg

20200202_162108.jpg

20200202_162128.jpg

20200202_162124.jpg

All lucky strikes had a 20p mech and payout tube they pay a mixture of tens and twenty’s when you get super series..The pound coin thing not sure what you mean,some were converted around 1986 for pound payout but still payed 50p’s when the pounds ran low,I have two lucky strikes one was converted one wasn’t.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also do not assume all the wiring and connections around the payslide area are for solenoids, I think most if not all manufactures also had missed coin counter sensor systems.

I have never actually seen one in the flesh though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all!!

Sorry I didnt manage to get on here yesterday!!!  Thanks for all the messages :)

The seller on ebay had the same machine but broken down and selling the spares.  So by the sounds of it my machine had the £1 upgrade and his didnt.  All I was thinking of doing (if it can be done) was re connecting the 20p mec and tube up which was amongst the parts he sent. 

Niftynudger interesting you have two which is handy to compare, yeah the one I have has the 10p, 2x50ps and the £1 and a hole where the 20p mec would of been.  So mine was the later upgrade

I've put the 20p coin mec in mine and was just wondering if it could be re connected from the wires in the attached pics :)

Sorry I confused things a bit!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys nuts breaking up a mpu3 unless it was totalled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RobT said:

Hi all!!

Sorry I didnt manage to get on here yesterday!!!  Thanks for all the messages :)

The seller on ebay had the same machine but broken down and selling the spares.  So by the sounds of it my machine had the £1 upgrade and his didnt.  All I was thinking of doing (if it can be done) was re connecting the 20p mec and tube up which was amongst the parts he sent. 

Niftynudger interesting you have two which is handy to compare, yeah the one I have has the 10p, 2x50ps and the £1 and a hole where the 20p mec would of been.  So mine was the later upgrade

I've put the 20p coin mec in mine and was just wondering if it could be re connected from the wires in the attached pics :)

Sorry I confused things a bit!!!

Well the one that had the pound tube conversion on I had converted back so both are now original.Dont matter if it’s upgraded or not the 20p tube should be there.It looks like all your connections are there.

Edited by niftynudger
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -Crest- said:

Guys nuts breaking up a mpu3 unless it was totalled

He is,I would have took it in my sanctuary for unloved mpu3 clubbers.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant thanks for the reply :) I'll wire it back up but just need to double check which wires to use.  I know the spade connectors (male into the female in the pics) look like the ones to use, but I just want to double check which should go where.  Do you have a pic of the wires connected to your 20p mec? I pretty sure they bot connect to the mec and sensor but I done want to balls it up putting a wire on the wrong connection.

Thanks again for the message its really helpful and great it can be done :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, -Crest- said:

Guys nuts breaking up a mpu3 unless it was totalled

Totally!!!! It looked in really good shape.  He sold the spares as working, I bought the reel deck wired that up and had a faulty sensor on reel two.  I did message the seller to say I hoped he didnt break it apart because of this fault!!!!  I didnt get a reply back.  But absolutely, I just assumed he wanted to upgrade to another machine and it use the cab, but I think the whole lot was going.  Such a shame :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×