Sign in to follow this  
MattyL

Mpu4/mod 4 coin mech loom

Hi does anyone have a spare mpu4/mod4 coin mech loom? It's a type incased in tubing with a resistor pcb board fitted?

Also is a cashflow 126 ok in place of the old me115? It works ok but occasionally doesn't credit £1's and it's not a mech fault.

Thanks

The 126 mech may be the issue, is it new style DFX / Reference? 

Yes mate it works ok- routes coins correctly. It's taken a few hundred quid. Every now and again it seems to miss a few £1's... still routes them correctly. I fiddle with the loom and it works again. 

Don’t use a cash flow it won’t divert the coins correctly to the right tubes

Ahh ok whys that? It does divert them all right when the inhibit kicks in there's x3 £1 tubes it's fills nicely in order and the 20p. Strange one that. Maybe because it's 97 mod4?

It was originally a crappy c435 and it had a problem with not accepting many old £1's.  I've changed the mech and the mpu4 board and it still does it. Sometimes it's perfect. I like everything spot on working so it's niggling at me... That's why I'm thinking I'll try a loom too.

well I don't know for sure, but it appeared that when both divert solenoid went to operate they did not operate fast enough so it allowed the coin to slip through the wrong gate, I believe cashflow draw more current than mars so this combined with the divert solenoids meant the voltage to the mech dropped causing the solenoids not to move fast enough and the coin mech would not always produce the accept signal because of the low voltage, once a mars was reinstated it all worked fine again!, this was a mpu4 miami dice, the voltage drop was never proved but is my best guess for the problems encountered.

• Like 2

I’ve had issues with newer 126s in MPU4 before, some very odd faults 

10 minutes ago, -Crest- said:

I’ve had issues with newer 126s in MPU4 before, some very odd faults 

looms are long and the wires in the loom are tiny! not surprising they have problems!

• Like 1

I had an issue where 20ps were robbing if you spin the reels and put them in, very weird I know, i changed to 115TS and it fixed the issue, another issue was the £1 coins were sometimes not crediting (different MPU4 machine) changed it to a 115 fixed the issue.

• Like 1

Ok gents thank you it does sound like the fault I'm having. I do have an updated mars 126 and I think a 116 so I'll try those and get one for if need be. Coin acceptor' s are not my strong point.

If not I suppose it will be a new loom connector on the mech end and clean up all the contacts if it stays. Sometimes the minor niggles are the worst lol

If you are needing a loom I think I’ll have one got a few on eBay in a job lot recently, but I’d suggest trying a mech first, but you will also need the correct routing plug for old style 115/126

i had the same problem  some coins where hit and miss or some times  it would not take coins at all so i checked the loom  there where no breaks in the loom at all so i put another loom in and it worked then i put faulty  loom in another machine it was not taking coins so looked at both looms where the fuse is there was a little  coil the faulty loom did not have one so i  fitted one now it all works as it should in its time some one must have removed it hope this helps matt

• Like 1

Ok Mick thanks mate I'll have a look at that too what sort of component is the coil? I'll hopefully have a look later

44 minutes ago, MattyL said:

Ok Mick thanks mate I'll have a look at that too what sort of component is the coil? I'll hopefully have a look later

There’s a fuse inside the coil, Towards the connection that goes into the mech, good shout mick 

• Like 1

Sorted! Thanks Mick decent one that mate.

I checked the fuse and the coil... the fuse was fine but testing through the whole section from end to end was not very good at all. The spade connections where dark, dull and shitty.

I sanded all the spade connections (320grit) and cleaned them up, rechecked it and then it was now nice on the meter. 

Its now credited every single £1 gone through it! Really simple one to sort out 

Does anyone know what that coil component is??

Thanks again 

20200112_173754.jpg

Edited by MattyL
  • Like 1

Great news, the coil is probably some type of inductor. 

• Like 1

Yeah just been reading. I wonder if that's there to regulate/restrict a clear signal for credits getting added?

It's a high current inductor, it stops any spikes from the mech getting to the motherboard supply lines and stops any spikes from the mpu supply getting to the coin mech, it is important

• Like 1

Thanks.... that's something new learned

Do you think that's for anti tamper Andrew. To try and stop people zapping free credits? Or for general use?

Sign in to follow this