Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Moore

Having trouble soldering battery leads on

Recommended Posts

Finished picture now I've finished cleaning it now leaving it dry and will test it once more again Wednesday 

20200113_175903.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably a dumb question (I don't own such shit tech) but doesn't an EPROM sit where that tie wrap is on the socket?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Player said:

(I don't own such shit tech) 

Thankfully, neither do I! :)

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i see piss can be used to clean a board 

 

i recommend that method ..  

 

remember to turn the machine off first mind ......     hahahaha

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The match method has the best succession rate and is less expensive tbf 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the processor and the actel chip pins do still look corroded as do the via's near the processor, between the pins of the processor and actel chip do really need to be cleaned or the corrosion will become leaky and stop it working, I did show this on my epoch repairing thread I did, have a look at that, it may help

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Player said:

Probably a dumb question (I don't own such shit tech) but doesn't an EPROM sit where that tie wrap is on the socket?

My epoch only has 4 eproms so doesn't use that space 

Edited by Ben Moore
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, riche100 said:

i see piss can be used to clean a board 

 

i recommend that method ..  

 

remember to turn the machine off first mind ......     

No need to be rude as I used the stuff recommended to clean it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Andrew96_ said:

the processor and the actel chip pins do still look corroded as do the via's near the processor, between the pins of the processor and actel chip do really need to be cleaned or the corrosion will become leaky and stop it working, I did show this on my epoch repairing thread I did, have a look at that, it may help

Ok thank you will give it a look yes I noticed that around them but wasnt sure what to use to get it out without damaging tracks is there anything in particular you recommend 

Edited by Ben Moore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably to advanced for Ben Moore I suggested Fiber glass pen but that’s riskiy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, -Crest- said:

Probably to advanced for Ben Moore I suggested Fiber glass pen but that’s riskiy

Yes agreed I'm not going to do it on that board just yet I've got a board in my machine I'm going to pratice it on first 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Andrew96_ said:

only way I could find was to scrape it clean, its in my epoch repair thread

Thanks Andrew I'm going to pratice on a old trashed board I have first to get the hang of it before I touch this one 😀

Edited by Ben Moore
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrew96_ said:

only way I could find was to scrape it clean, its in my epoch repair thread

Is this the reason possiblly this board isn't working due to corrosion around the pins as all I get are 3 lights 

20200113_210748.jpg

20200113_210810.jpg

20200113_210816.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×