stonyat421

epp1-1f programmer set up issues

im trying to set up the above programmer as a extra bit of software 

has any one got any knowledge on this programmer as im having some issues setting it up

currently got it running on windows 98 as it can only run on windows 95 /98 and 3.1

the programmer is communicating with the laptop as it says connection ok and its running on port 1 

it reads a blank eprom fine 

it reads a data eprom  fine 

but when i try and verify the data on the eprom i get a error message

when i try and copy the data to a blank eprom i get a error message 

i also do not seem to be able to save the data into a file on the lap top

any help would be great as im not getting no where with it :D il add some pics later [ i also have a g540 running on windows 7 so i no the eproms im using are fine that im using to test the epp 1-f 

cheers tony

this is where i seem to b hitting a brick wall at stage 11

i can only think im doing something wrong when trying to verify the data 

as im getting

byte not programmed / verified correctly buffer flow . 

flow control is not functioning on address 00000000

cheers 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

As it mentions that Flow Control is not working I would check your Serial Port settings in the BIOS and make sure flow control is set to cts/rts

3 minutes ago, Wizard said:

As it mentions that Flow Control is not working I would check your Serial Port settings in the BIOS and make sure flow control is set to cts/rts

cheers mate il check that out 

some serial ports just use rx and tx and ground for communication, if so protocol set to none , the pc could be waiting for a  request to send / clear to send that it never sees a answer to, whats the connections in the serial cable?

Just make sure the communication setting you choose matches the setup in the BIOS.

LAPTOP IS A TOSHIBA PRO4600 running xp and 98 /386 ram :headache:

cheers for the reply all had another go at this today and this is where im at

bios setting is as  follows com 1 is set at 3F8H/IRQ4  but very limited options to change def no CTS/RTS  anywhere in there to be found 

lead being used is RS232 not sure on the colours of the wires as its a sealed lead 

i have tried the following set up baudrate 1200 /data 8 /stopbits 1/ advanced  hardware fiffo buffer off this is mentioned on there web site [ still the same ]

i will try steveh suggestion next :D 

tried the settings steveh no joy with that either 

Edited by stonyat421

PC (25 pins)  
EPP (25 pins)
  PC (9 pins)  
EPP (25 pins)
  1 Cable Shield
<-> 
Cable Shield 1

2 TxD
-->
RxD 2
  2 RxD
<--
TxD 3
  3 RxD
<--
TxD 3
  3 TxD
-->
RxD 2
  4 RTS
-->
CTS 4
  5 GND
<->
GND 7
  5 CTS
<--
RTS 5
  6 DSR
<--
HIGH 6
  6 DSR
<--
HIGH 6
  7 RTS
-->
CTS 4
  7 GND
<->
GND 7
  8 CTS
<--
RTS 5

Check the settings of the COM-port in the device-manager. The FIFO buffers probably aren't turned off. The settings are to be found browsing the following path: Start, Settings, Control Panel, System, Device Manager, Ports, Communications Port COMx, Port Settings. The correct settings are: Baudrate / Bits per seccond: 115K2 Data bits: 8 Stopbits: 1 Flow control: CTS/RTS or hardware Advanced: Use FIFO buffer (requires 16550 compatible uart): OFF These settings have nothing to do with the settings from the device selection within PromProg for Windows, but are essential for operating the programmer reliably.

TRIED THIS STILL THE SAME 

Edited by stonyat421

OK, I've dug out my old XP laptop I use with my EPP-1F. I use the DOS version of PromProg - I'm sure there was a reason I didn't use the Windows version but can't remember why!

Running PromProg in compatibility mode for Windows 95 with all other compatibility options ticked.

Port setting in Windows: COM2, 1200bps, 8 data bits, No parity, 1 stop bit, Hardware flow control, FIFO's disabled.

Port setting in PromProg: COM2, 19200bps, RTS/CTS flow control.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, TTX said:

OK, I've dug out my old XP laptop I use with my EPP-1F. I use the DOS version of PromProg - I'm sure there was a reason I didn't use the Windows version but can't remember why!

Running PromProg in compatibility mode for Windows 95 with all other compatibility options ticked.

Port setting in Windows: COM2, 1200bps, 8 data bits, No parity, 1 stop bit, Hardware flow control, FIFO's disabled.

Port setting in PromProg: COM2, 19200bps, RTS/CTS flow control.

cheers mate for digging your bits out for me 

sure i have a copy of 95 and a start up disc some where :D 

already found the software file for the epp1 1-f in dos so looks like a busy weekend ahead 

On 12/18/2019 at 10:44 PM, TTX said:

Good luck! :)

got it running now on dos  cheers for that mate

think i like the g540 better :D a lot easier to use 

19 hours ago, fruit58 said:

nice one tony happy days

cheers mick its back in the cupboard now :D at least i no it works