Player

Bell Fruit closing

Hi all

Im very sorry to have to announce that Bell Fruit games factory will be closing. The clear out starts in Jan. All of the shop floor are being made redundant. I’m not 100% about development but would assume it won’t be good for them either. 
It’s such a shame but the market has moved on so much. The video products are doing really well now making games easy to distribute. Online also takes a huge chunk of players.

I have had some great years there and met some brilliant people. I wish them all good luck for the future :(.

Cheers

John

• Sad 8

thanks for letting us know

least your jobs safe dude :) 

Another great company gone,what the hell is going on.Very sad 😭

Knew it was just a matter of time, 

47F821AC-BBD6-467E-8465-2DD944FA9A68.png

Very sad indeed, the market has changed so much and the bars are still closing or struggling.

Edited by thompy

Sad day indeed.

Just been on to my RAT FB group, and one of our members over in Bristol, mentioned some of the R&D folks have already joined SG's.

to be honest - there's only so many times you can keep doing DOND before it all goes tits up...

They should've tried harder instead of DOND this, that and the other - they got ridiculous.

• Like 4

DOND's were sold before they even went onto site test they did that well. At the end of the day it's a business and it's all about making money (even if that means doing 100 different DOND's). The licence cost a fortune so they need to make the money back.

Will Astra, bulldog games and QPS/Mazooma be shutting down to? 

@Player How did BFM lose the license to DOND?

DOND actually has kept the AWP going for a good few years Imo. It's still to many the only reason people still play them. 

Like the TV programme it was very popular for a few years, but eventually you can have enough of something. 

As for fruity companies closing, well I suppose us addicts would have wished it on them. But one of the first things an addict needs to realise is you have to take responsibility for your own actions.

Until you do that, you will not quit. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, -Crest- said:

Will Astra, bulldog games and QPS/Mazooma be shutting down to? 

@Player How did BFM lose the license to DOND?

Astra as far as i know won't be shutting down. The rest i have no idea.

DOND licence they got out bid. Blueprint now have the licence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Player said:

Astra as far as i know won't be shutting down. The rest i have no idea.

DOND licence they got out bid. Blueprint now have the licence.

Bet com made a DOND are blueprint bet com?

I liked the donds. They were all pretty unique in their gameplay, just a handful were cloned.

They went crap when the box was not random. Play a bit like barcrest dond variations where it would put in about what's on offer on the board.

Not surprised they are going. Digital is the way, easy updates, no machine changes instant new content.

If it wasn't for the deal or no deals this news would have come a lot sooner I would think, shame all confined to history of what is left of the industry.

8 hours ago, -Crest- said:

Bet com made a DOND are blueprint bet com?

Yes, they bought betcom I believe.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, spa said:

I liked the donds. They were all pretty unique in their gameplay, just a handful were cloned.

They went crap when the box was not random. Play a bit like barcrest dond variations where it would put in about what's on offer on the board.

Not surprised they are going. Digital is the way, easy updates, no machine changes instant new content.

Only the first version was random (the box) so i was told by one of the software engineers.

2 hours ago, thompy said:

If it wasn't for the deal or no deals this news would have come a lot sooner I would think, shame all confined to history of what is left of the industry.

That's correct. Some people slate DOND but for Bell Fruit did extremely well. Again, it's a business. They aren't in it to please the minority. All machines before DOND had to past site tests which took several weeks. If they failed Bell Fruit lost out. The DOND's were sold before they went on site test as i said earlier as the demand was massive. No competition......

But that was then......... :(

23 hours ago, -Crest- said:

Knew it was just a matter of time, 

47F821AC-BBD6-467E-8465-2DD944FA9A68.png

Yeah disgraceful product :(

20 hours ago, Player said:

Only the first version was random (the box) so i was told by one of the software engineers.

I guess every £70 and every £70 that upgraded to £100 was half decent.

Can anybody on here extend time limited dongles we have about 60 scorpion 6 games and while none are real urgent we have already found bfm  technical support is not responding tho we did get one today that was ordered last week .yesterday the cleaner answered the phone and told us the whole floor was shut down and staff not in work... the bulletin board is not available we have got many softwares but yesterday got a data machine for non data site use we managed to get it to run dond big box now  but that’s how we found out this news.... phoned them for program change thanks if anyone has this tech info can’t afford to replace all the reel stuff with digital in the coming months we already invested in a dozen for the best pubs we have got some older machines on life dongles so if someone can make these for later games 2017 onward we would like to hear ... good home sideline for any workshop staff who worked on scorp 6 application or r&d at bell fruit???

Edited by 1001arcade
  • Sad 1

That's a good point, wonder if they will supply the dongles!

the bbs is still avaible but very limited as i am logged in now

Sad state of affairs especially at Christmas. Hope everyone finds employment elsewhere 

• Like 1