netdent

chances unlimited

10 minutes ago, riche100 said:

leds have there place 

In modern machines 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RobT said:

I'm not sure, do you all like LED's?  It's not that clear from the messages 😂

Oops I have bought more BUT warm white this time from Amazon, if they look pants then they are out, but the pictures of them do look good, let's see :)

I have some 1.2watts normal on the way too, will take some pics of the warm white show you all how they look, hopefully ok 😕

Warm temperature ones definitely should look better 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, -Crest- said:

Warm temperature ones definitely should look better 

if they last more than a week lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Andrew96_ said:

It’s not how they look, it’s how 12v leds don’t like being pulsed with 34v, but I guess you missed my post with the explanation 

Hey Andrew, I did see this (after ordering) 😕

I just went off the details on the bulbs that were in the machine (12v 2.2watts), so ordered 12v warm white leds.  Didn't know 34v ran through them, surprised the other bulbs didn't blow.  I've also ordered normal lower watt bulbs 1.2watts which should be cooler :)

Thanks for the info, I now know this for the future :) 👍

your welcome, your most likely find LED's won't last long and they will get really hot before the silicon junction fails and they then go very dim, how do i know, I have seen it happen when machines had led bulbs put in them in a arcade, I did make some that had much better current limiters which gave the same brightness from 4v up to 60v across them and they did work fine but because the component I added was made for surface mounting there was not much surface area to solder wires onto so they tended to come off easily! but there brightness and durability was spot on!

• Like 1

Great story and project. I just watched all your videos and enjoyed every one. I can't wait to see the Alpha Display working now!!!