netdent

chances unlimited

7 hours ago, sulzerned said:

Will do mike .might be a while before I get down to stripping it for a refurb .

I know the feeling Nick, I don’t I have ever been so busy in all my life! I have several to do. Maybe soon 🤔

Just seen this thread :) sorry I bidded on the Chances Unlimited (sorry to those who also bidded) it did go for an eye watering amount in the end 😦 when I put the bid in my inner voice kicked in saying "Someone bid someone bid pleeease" as money is tight.  Then the "Congratulations" message came though and the final amount 😱 oh sh*t came rather loudly out of my mouth in a busy pub!

I am super happy though (and bankrupt) but it is worth it!  Collecting it tomorrow :) thanks to line up Chris for the measurements of the doors, I managed to get replacement wood from a homebase near by which is closing down sadly, so the wood was reduced (thank heaven) just need to get matching colour vinyl to go over it.   Thanks again Chris and you're right it will get allot of TLC for sure, I'll post a bunch of pics of it as is and with the changes.  My worry is I turn up tomorrow to find a missing programme card/cartridge along with rust, and other missing bits as there were only a few pictures on ebay which were not that clear.

Either way think this beauty will take time to fix (which I'm ok with) its official thanks to you lot AND your bloody amazing videos of your machines on YouTube I have the fruit machine bug back again BIG time.....

:)

• Like 3

Well done Rob.

If it gets the same treatment as your

Rock On,it will be a stunner mate.

Will defo look nice together for sure.

• Like 1

Thanks Chris for this message :)  hopefully so, black metal paint has also been bought (reduced) the wood thanks to your message is the same thickness and I'll chop it to size.

Thanks again :) sorry to be a pain but do you have the measurements of its height depth and width?  I'm also worried it might not squeeze in my dinky car, I messaged the seller for measurements a few days back and got a message about an hour back saying it about 5ft 😕

Thanks again Chris :)

58 minutes ago, RobT said:

Thanks Chris for this message :)  hopefully so, black metal paint has also been bought (reduced) the wood thanks to your message is the same thickness and I'll chop it to size.

Thanks again :) sorry to be a pain but do you have the measurements of its height depth and width?  I'm also worried it might not squeeze in my dinky car, I messaged the seller for measurements a few days back and got a message about an hour back saying it about 5ft 😕

Thanks again Chris :)

Will measure it when I get home later Robs ok.

• Thanks 1

Amazing thanks Chris :) but gutted if I drive down and it wont fit 😂😭

Thanks again you're a star!

Well done for bagging a other classic rob .will be nice to see this one restored .you can buy large rolls of Fablon vinyl self adhesive roll off the internet in wood effect which will will be fine for the two doors  you have to make up .just a thought but the front cash box door that is missing should black and not wood effect .again you can buy gloss /satin/matt black vinyl which will look great .

Hope it's not missing anything else. 

Edited by sulzerned
  • Like 1

Here you go Robs

Height 175cm

Width 63.5cm across button panel

Depth at widest point is 58,5cm

From button panel to back.

So about 5ft6 ish I'd say.

Should fit in a saloon type car with seats

folded down and machine on its side.

My one is on casters and had a new base put on so mine

may be slightly taller than it should be.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Chris217

• Like 2

Thanks

8 hours ago, sulzerned said:

Well done for bagging a other classic rob .will be nice to see this one restored .you can buy large rolls of Fablon vinyl self adhesive roll off the internet in wood effect which will will be fine for the two doors  you have to make up .just a thought but the front cash box door that is missing should black and not wood effect .again you can buy gloss /satin/matt black vinyl which will look great .

Hope it's not missing anything else. 

Thanks Nick :) I am chuffed to get this, like you (and most on the forum) we love our classic machines!!!  Its also your fault and others on here with your brilliant videos on youtube that has kicked my fruit machine bug back to life 😂

Ebay is great, I bought the black matt vinyl yesterday for this, will check out the wood colour later.  Also had delivered the dreaded Varta green battery (which will be fly wired up) just hope the arse hasn't fallen out of the one attached to the board!!!

Thanks again for the message, would be great to swing by and meet you being just up the road :)

5 hours ago, Line Up Chris said:

Here you go Robs

Height 175cm

Width 63.5cm across button panel

Depth at widest point is 58,5cm

From button panel to back.

So about 5ft6 ish I'd say.

Should fit in a saloon type car with seats

folded down and machine on its side.

My one is on casters and had a new base put on so mine

may be slightly taller than it should be.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Chris217

Chris, sir, you are a diamond thank you!

Yeah it's now looking like a very tight squeeze, Very!!!  Rock on fitted when taking it to Paul's, this cabinet is bigger and the 5ft from the seller was too vague.  I have a 3 door old BMW with the seats down I get 164 length, so will try moving the passenger seat further forward and re measure.  Oddly Rock on is wider at 84cm wide, so hopefully this one being slightly thinner can be lodged inbetween my seat and the passenger!  

Either way its friggin tight!  Thank you again Chris this is a big help, I can now plan around it and what to expect.

Thanks again for you time measuring up everything!!!!

Rob owes you 👉🍺

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RobT said:

Thanks

Thanks Nick :) I am chuffed to get this, like you (and most on the forum) we love our classic machines!!!  Its also your fault and others on here with your brilliant videos on youtube that has kicked my fruit machine bug back to life 😂

Ebay is great, I bought the black matt vinyl yesterday for this, will check out the wood colour later.  Also had delivered the dreaded Varta green battery (which will be fly wired up) just hope the arse hasn't fallen out of the one attached to the board!!!

Thanks again for the message, would be great to swing by and meet you being just up the road :)

You are most welcome for a play on my machine s and a few cuppas too of course rob !

• Like 2

Bless ya cheers Nick amazing, will PM you see when you're about next :)

I'll bring the tea bags!!!!!

• Like 1

can i play anyones machines please ? :( 

i dont have any of my own 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, riche100 said:

can i play anyones machines please ? :( 

i dont have any of my own 

You're welcome to come up Richie.

As long as you dont break anything hehehe

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Line Up Chris said:

You're welcome to come up Richie.

As long as you dont break anything hehehe

people fix things with hammers chris  

haha 

Hey all RIGHT been to Bristol (I love it there great place). Anyway here's a bunch of pics and a video!  I've taken a day off so live updates as it happens :)

Nice christmas present to yourself rob you'll clean it up in no time at all .oh you might be surprised to find that reel deck fully working  as a bit of dust wont kill it .

• Like 1

Hey Nick, yeah very true although an electrician to finish my house should of been done with the money spent.....but hey it's a Chances Unlimited had to be done :)

I've spent hours cleaning it so will pop the next video up now :)

I was going to upload a bunch of pics but for some reason it wont allow the uploads 😕 but allowed a 320mb video up?!  Hey ho.

I've spent all day on this and it's taking shape

Oh yeah about me not plugging it in.... that didn't last!  Plugged in and seems to be working(ish) a few issues I thought were board related but turns out to be buttons stuck down due to the dirt/dust.  Engineers mode works, put tape over the cherry switch (as I've not fitted the door yet) and boots up, but wont accept 10p credit.  Coin accepts but no credit which is odd, £1 in 10x10ps out the high pitch alarm?!  Odd but 90% there :)

Could be the rocker switch on the coin mech

not correctly connected.

Check coins are dropping from underneath the

mech rather than going through the back part of

the plastic bit of the mech.

• Like 1

looks like you have your work cut out on this but im sure you will do it justice 

keep going some times its the most obvious creating a problem :D 

• Like 1