Jump to content
riche100

cam setting tools on ebay

Recommended Posts

Blimey! I didn't even know such  a tool existed. I always used a screwdriver and patience.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What exactly do they do?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, -Crest- said:

What exactly do they do?

Enable the user to set cam positions...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lost my kit with these tools in the 70s so got my bid in for these.😁

Timers and the cams on electro mechanical machines are set in degrees of rotation from 0 to 360 where the cam switches can be operated either just once or multiple times during one rotation.

To set those cams is normally done as said above with a screwdriver of by hand but is a bit of trial and error to get them set accurately.

These tools were made to lock into the cams much like a spanner making the job easier to set them to the correct settings.

Bell Fruit payout timer.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They will come in handy ron,hope you win them

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2019 at 10:50 AM, warlord said:

They will come in handy ron,hope you win them

Won them Simon, getting posted tomorrow.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, BF74 said:

Won them Simon, getting posted tomorrow.😁

Great ron,a nice peice of useful kit especially for you,good price too.😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great Ron, think they were on my door step too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blimey, that was a good price. 

I was only thinking about these recently. I remember using the ‘non-offset’ tool and the light grey wheel, back in the day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ron,are they any good and have you tried them out yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, warlord said:

Ron,are they any good and have you tried them out yet

Not yet Simon,

Everything on hold at the moment....On Tuesday my other half was out in my car when some crazy idiot came flying up behind her then overtook at speed on centre road hatchings into oncoming traffic.

Because another car was coming in opposite direction the lunatic had nowhere to go and to avoid a head on collision they pulled into my car going right down the side.

More annoying is they drove off at speed not bothering to check if she was ok or to exchange details.

Scrapes and damage to rear wing, drivers door, completely ripped out the drivers door mirror and wiring, front wing plus hit front drivers wheel....Needles to say on the information the insurance have written off my car so really pissed as although it was an 08 plate it's been a great reliable motor.

Lucky Cath managed to get their reg number so passed onto the police and insurance happy she is not to blame and I will get a quick payout but don't amount to much.

I know some people don't like Facebook but we look on local groups to see what's going on, Yesterday we hit gold as someone very annoyed posted that they were in the car going in opposite direction and raging at the areshole that had just missing their car  and seen them hit mine, not only now have a witness statement but have their dash cam footage too. We met up with them and now have a copy of footage and the evidence is conclusive who is at fault.

Copies sent to insurance and going to send to police with hope they can do something about leaving scene of accident,  I'm sure dangerous driving can be included.

Pleased to say Cath was not seriously injured in the crash just well shaken up with little sleep the last two nights.

Salvage picking my car up tomorrow (Friday) so goodbye faithful motor. Not the best time of year having to start looking for a replacement with limited funds.🤬🤬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry to hear of your incident , id advise you get a dashcam , good ones are cheap these days and easy to fit  

 

glad you and yours are ok, if not just pissed off, as anyone would be 

 

hope you get sorted and it doesnt put cath off from driving in the future 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BF74 said:

Not yet Simon,

Everything on hold at the moment....On Tuesday my other half was out in my car when some crazy idiot came flying up behind her then overtook at speed on centre road hatchings into oncoming traffic.

Because another car was coming in opposite direction the lunatic had nowhere to go and to avoid a head on collision they pulled into my car going right down the side.

More annoying is they drove off at speed not bothering to check if she was ok or to exchange details.

Scrapes and damage to rear wing, drivers door, completely ripped out the drivers door mirror and wiring, front wing plus hit front drivers wheel....Needles to say on the information the insurance have written off my car so really pissed as although it was an 08 plate it's been a great reliable motor.

Lucky Cath managed to get their reg number so passed onto the police and insurance happy she is not to blame and I will get a quick payout but don't amount to much.

I know some people don't like Facebook but we look on local groups to see what's going on, Yesterday we hit gold as someone very annoyed posted that they were in the car going in opposite direction and raging at the areshole that had just missing their car  and seen them hit mine, not only now have a witness statement but have their dash cam footage too. We met up with them and now have a copy of footage and the evidence is conclusive who is at fault.

Copies sent to insurance and going to send to police with hope they can do something about leaving scene of accident,  I'm sure dangerous driving can be included.

Pleased to say Cath was not seriously injured in the crash just well shaken up with little sleep the last two nights.

Salvage picking my car up tomorrow (Friday) so goodbye faithful motor. Not the best time of year having to start looking for a replacement with limited funds.🤬🤬

Jesus Christ, I hate people, why is everyone so bloody impatient these days, see it everyday on my commute. There has been four accidents in four days on the way home this week, making me an hour late home every day.

This just some’s it up. I hope the Mrs doesn’t suffer to much Ron, and that it all works out okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BF74 said:

Not yet Simon,

Everything on hold at the moment....On Tuesday my other half was out in my car when some crazy idiot came flying up behind her then overtook at speed on centre road hatchings into oncoming traffic.

Because another car was coming in opposite direction the lunatic had nowhere to go and to avoid a head on collision they pulled into my car going right down the side.

More annoying is they drove off at speed not bothering to check if she was ok or to exchange details.

Scrapes and damage to rear wing, drivers door, completely ripped out the drivers door mirror and wiring, front wing plus hit front drivers wheel....Needles to say on the information the insurance have written off my car so really pissed as although it was an 08 plate it's been a great reliable motor.

Lucky Cath managed to get their reg number so passed onto the police and insurance happy she is not to blame and I will get a quick payout but don't amount to much.

I know some people don't like Facebook but we look on local groups to see what's going on, Yesterday we hit gold as someone very annoyed posted that they were in the car going in opposite direction and raging at the areshole that had just missing their car  and seen them hit mine, not only now have a witness statement but have their dash cam footage too. We met up with them and now have a copy of footage and the evidence is conclusive who is at fault.

Copies sent to insurance and going to send to police with hope they can do something about leaving scene of accident,  I'm sure dangerous driving can be included.

Pleased to say Cath was not seriously injured in the crash just well shaken up with little sleep the last two nights.

Salvage picking my car up tomorrow (Friday) so goodbye faithful motor. Not the best time of year having to start looking for a replacement with limited funds.🤬🤬

Oh thats bad news ron.at least you all ok is main thing.Make sure that dickhead pays.I certainly would.Have a great xmas dude.And celebrate justice.all the best dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×