Snux

New to modern(ish) Fruits, looking for advice please!

7 hours ago, Snux said:

So, picked up the machine yesterday. 

It does work, but is certainly in need of some TLC, possibly not such a good buy, but as it's my first I'll learn a lot from it.

Just about caught the battery in time, looks nasty but hasn't spread.  Cab has been broken into at some point in the past but not too badly, just a little wood glue needed in one corner.

Coin mech is a C435A.  Is it worth getting this one reprogrammed for the new £1, or is it cheaper (thinking about postage) to buy one already done from Ebay?  I see one on there for £33 including postage.

Some lights out, got some new bulbs coming in the post.  A few of the bulb holders have lost a tag, so don't clip in properly (on the right side in the photo for example).  Any idea where I get a few replacements?

I'm sure there will be more things as I dig into it :)  Manual arriving shortly I think.

IMG_20191115_191014.jpg

IMG_20191115_191614.jpg

Just tape bulb holders to the lamp mask, all my JPMs have broken holders. One had over 100 broken holders (not stuck down)when I got it. 

C435A can be reprogrammed for less than £20, oh ya and remove battery now!

Edited by -Crest-

Sent my mech to Hartley Hare to be done, £20 including return postage seemed good to me. Battery removed 👍

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Snux said:

Sent my mech to Hartley Hare to be done, £20 including return postage seemed good to me. Battery removed 👍

Hartley top guy 👍

So I got the mech updated and of course now pound coins getting jammed in the tubes. Got completely bored with sanding and it seems almost impossible, so bought some clear acrylic tube. With a dremel and some 2 part epoxy glue, the transplant is complete! Took the "funnel" off the top of the old tubes and fixed to the new. Dremel cut slots for the switches and we're in business! 

IMG_20191211_080521.jpg

• Like 2

Great job on the acrylic tubes i used the same tubes in  my Eachway Shuffle for both new 10p's and tokens 🙂

IMG_1214.JPG

• Like 1

should have just taped bog rolls together 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, superbank said:

You're rough as fuck Del! :lol:

He wouldn't know the best approach as he doesn't own any machines. Maybe one day...... ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1