Sign in to follow this  
Ben Moore

Wanted help with a electrical mechanical fruit machine please

Hi just wondering is there anyone who would be able to help service the control pannel and rells on electrical mechanical fruit machine if I sent them to you as the problem I'm facing is it won't payout wins on the rells tried everything bf74 has suggested and others but nothing seems to of worked replaced loose crimps and everything to just wondering is there a way you can test for broken wires on the rells or not as its getting to the point I'm thinking of scrapping it but dont realy want to do this as sure it can be repaired I've been try on and off now since March any suggestions much appreciated please 

9 hours ago, daveo138 said:

What machine is it?

Golden kings conversion from the collusus electrical mechanical fruit machine 

I wouldn’t scrap it, as anything electro should be fixable, theoretically. 

I’m not familiar with Collosus, unfortunately. Do you have a wiring diagram for it?

• Like 1

Colossus was a club electro built by a company called Automatic Fruit Designs or better known as A.F.D.

Unfortunately A.F.D. went out of business in 1979, Golden Kings is a conversion on Colossus as the base machine built and sold around 1982 by a company called Golden Automatics based in Northampton, again no longer around.

The conversion from what Ben has shown me was very poor and because there is no wiring diagram to show their work, trying to diagnose the problem online without the machine in front of me is like working in a room with no light and wearing a pair of thick gardening gloves.

Colossus had a credit counter to hold multiple credits and subtract one credit after every game, this was removed in favour of conversion to just two plays max at one time. they halved all the payouts and removed one of the 50p payout tubes, changed glasses and reel bands.

After going through all the possible faults and causes the only option to progress would be to get hold of an A.F.D. schematic

colossus club electro AFD.JPG

golden kings.jpg

10 hours ago, BF74 said:

Colossus was a club electro built by a company called Automatic Fruit Designs or better known as A.F.D.

Unfortunately A.F.D. went out of business in 1979, Golden Kings is a conversion on Colossus as the base machine built and sold around 1982 by a company called Golden Automatics based in Northampton, again no longer around.

The conversion from what Ben has shown me was very poor and because there is no wiring diagram to show their work, trying to diagnose the problem online without the machine in front of me is like working in a room with no light and wearing a pair of thick gardening gloves.

Colossus had a credit counter to hold multiple credits and subtract one credit after every game, this was removed in favour of conversion to just two plays max at one time. they halved all the payouts and removed one of the 50p payout tubes, changed glasses and reel bands.

After going through all the possible faults and causes the only option to progress would be to get hold of an A.F.D. schematic

colossus club electro AFD.JPG

golden kings.jpg

Thanks for explaining Ron you saved me a job the only reason I realy put it on here was to see if there was anyone local to me who could take a look or anyone who had a schematic sadly no luck so far hopefully someone will pop up close to me or a schematic 

This looks the same as a JPM Step Up, I put the schematics on here a while ago.

Sign in to follow this