warlord

Home made machines,projects and favourites we keep

Posted (edited)

So,to start this i have my bingolette from 1957.I bought this in 1999 and loved these the moment i saw them.It had written on the back this is no good.Wires hanging out the motor,cobwebs inside,rusty springs etc.So i veneered the cabinet,had the motor rewound in long eaton.Polished up all the springs that guide the ball,renewed rubbers on pins.The metal work was two tone so i did the corners in brass finish and the rest in gold leaf,then laquered it.The black flick handle was done in black enamel.This was 20 years ago,its had a lot of use and i would never part with it.Every nut and bolt off this to make it perfect.I even had printed the lower symbols you see on the bingo grid.Still works and sounds great,the original locks i had put on new keys.I will be adding more of my past work as weeks go on.I think you will agree this is a lovely machine,oh yes i had a new stainless steel coin box made to match original

bingo 001.JPG

bingo 002.JPG

bingo 003.JPG

bingo 004.JPG

bingo 005.JPG

bingo 006.JPG

Edited by warlord
  • Like 4

Awesome machine so glad to hear you still have it after so long and its still going strong 

14 minutes ago, Ben Moore said:

Awesome machine so glad to hear you still have it after so long and its still going strong 

Thanks ben,ive had a good few german machines and they are built like tanks.Nearly all are wall mounted and the size of a small suitcase.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, warlord said:

Thanks ben,ive had a good few german machines and they are built like tanks.Nearly all are wall mounted and the size of a small suitcase.

Defentily the older ones seem built better on another note did you see the maygay tech documents about epoch and that I put in my thread about the actel chip as may help you in the future 

Yes i did mate,but i wont be having anymore epochs

• Like 1

Just now, warlord said:

Yes i did mate,but i wont be having anymore epochs

No worrys mate I think a few of the documents where older 80s maygay information too

Nice old amusement machine. Quite handy that they take up less space than a fruit machine too .

15 hours ago, warlord said:

So,to start this i have my bingolette from 1957.I bought this in 1999 and loved these the moment i saw them.It had written on the back this is no good.Wires hanging out the motor,cobwebs inside,rusty springs etc.So i veneered the cabinet,had the motor rewound in long eaton.Polished up all the springs that guide the ball,renewed rubbers on pins.The metal work was two tone so i did the corners in brass finish and the rest in gold leaf,then laquered it.The black flick handle was done in black enamel.This was 20 years ago,its had a lot of use and i would never part with it.Every nut and bolt off this to make it perfect.I even had printed the lower symbols you see on the bingo grid.Still works and sounds great,the original locks i had put on new keys.I will be adding more of my past work as weeks go on.I think you will agree this is a lovely machine,oh yes i had a new stainless steel coin box made to match original

bingo 001.JPG

bingo 002.JPG

bingo 003.JPG

bingo 004.JPG

bingo 005.JPG

bingo 006.JPG

That brings back memories of my Dad. I used to love that machine. Did you buy it off him? I can't remember what happened to it. If it is the same one it's great to see it again. I remember the home made decal in the awards, that's why i think it was my Dads. Maybe wrong....

Dont think it was john.i got it from dave lavender in birmingham for £90

• Like 1

Do you keep in contact with any of those old skool collectors. Dave Lavender rings a bell.

£90 is a bargain, i'll give you that now ;)

Well it was 20 years ago and it was a dog.Yes mark hill took me down as he was buying from him.Not heard from any of them for ages,although dave runs the penny machines site.There was jeremy from alfreton and baz pete barson and michael jordon who sadly is no longer with us.Very nice chap.

50 minutes ago, warlord said:

Well it was 20 years ago and it was a dog.Yes mark hill took me down as he was buying from him.Not heard from any of them for ages,although dave runs the penny machines site.There was jeremy from alfreton and baz pete barson and michael jordon who sadly is no longer with us.Very nice chap.

Seen Marc Hill last year I think it was (or year before). I sold him my Dads old machines (the restoration projects). Had a look at his machine. He has a great collection, he's held onto some real gems.

Now thats nice,worth a few quid i rekon.he lives just up road from me.about 5 mins,

55 minutes ago, warlord said:

Now thats nice,worth a few quid i rekon.he lives just up road from me.about 5 mins,

Yeah i sold a few to him. I like marc, to be fair he paid me what i though they were worth. they all needed work. I havent go the time, patience, or room for them.

I got this and kept hold of it :).

Also kept the elevenses and the Novomat (he added a jackpot to it). I'll get some pics.

1631071983_Magik021.thumb.jpg.4cfc23f41116c1e0546bf790b6527273.jpg

Jennings,another quality machine.,so whos house was it.my gaffer is after a mechanical bandit for about £300.i told him it will be a struggle for that price.It must be mechanical in operation but can plug in for lighrs only

7 hours ago, warlord said:

Jennings,another quality machine.,so whos house was it.my gaffer is after a mechanical bandit for about £300.i told him it will be a struggle for that price.It must be mechanical in operation but can plug in for lighrs only

My Dads house. A shit tip 😩

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stegarv66 said:

Hi John I have had this one since 1980 

FA18E9A8-5571-4085-9A3D-8245166DAB4D.jpeg

Nice to see one that says MILLS. Normally say SEGA. They are so friggin heavy!!

On 10/9/2019 at 4:38 PM, Player said:

Do you keep in contact with any of those old skool collectors. Dave Lavender rings a bell.

£90 is a bargain, i'll give you that now ;)

I was offered 800 last year but money dont matter,its not for sale

• Like 2

21 hours ago, warlord said:

I was offered 800 last year but money dont matter,its not for sale

WOW £800 is a very good price. Thing is, you don't see em anymore :(

• Like 1