Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Line Up Chris

M1 machine faults

Recommended Posts

Isn't it a dip switch setting to convert hopper payouts to tube?

On a time when I was swapping boards and psu's around,I actually

got one to boot but it wouldn't pay out coins in test mode or otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Chris the guy to ask on maygay is Dave Trow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magik is very good too if not thee best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magik knows everything!

1 hour ago, warlord said:

Magik is very good too if not thee best

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magik is not very well.

He did message me about this.

Not sure if I know who Dave Trow is tbh.

Is he good with psu's?

I always thought psu's were indestructible  tbh.

If anyone can break them,it'll probably be me lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s out of hospital now but yes your right Chris. His back isn’t good, hope he gets better soon 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, -Crest- said:

He’s out of hospital now but yes your right Chris. His back isn’t good, hope he gets better soon 

To Magik.

We're all with you Peter.

Get well soon mate.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Line Up Chris said:

To Magik.

We're all with you Peter.

Get well soon mate.

I will second that.All the best dude

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I'm lead to understand that no

M1 machine will boot if there is no

life in the m1 board as that switches on the psu.

Hence the psu wont work either?

 

 

I have tried again 3 out of my 4 m1a/m1b boards.

None light up when I switch on.

There is a light humming sound from the 1 psu

I have tried today.

But the light on the on off button on the psu dont

light up either,but all fuses are ok.

 

Will try my last board later.

If that's the same,I'll just have to

post all these off to get looked at.

 

Thanks for all your input so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Line Up Chris said:

If I'm lead to understand that no

M1 machine will boot if there is no

life in the m1 board as that switches on the psu.

Hence the psu wont work either?

 

 

I have tried again 3 out of my 4 m1a/m1b boards.

None light up when I switch on.

There is a light humming sound from the 1 psu

I have tried today.

But the light on the on off button on the psu dont

light up either,but all fuses are ok.

 

Will try my last board later.

If that's the same,I'll just have to

post all these off to get looked at.

 

Thanks for all your input so far.

I though the psu worked as soon as there was power going into it and then that tells the boards to light I may be wrong do you have a 100 percent working psu to test the boards using that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It's only the 50v AC supply that is switched on by the PSU relay.

Edited by Wizard
bad info
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a psu or wiring issue. Try M1 boards in a fully working untouched machine 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, -Crest- said:

I think a psu or wiring issue. Try M1 boards in a fully working untouched machine 

I could at the risk of another one failing.

2 out my 4 boards did light up before today but not the +12 v light

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried my 4th board and still no boot up.

Have gone through all my psu's and some

hum when they switch on.

Have noticed all my -12v fuses have blown.

The one in fuse holder 4.

Put a new fuse in and it popped again.

Not sure why.

 

No sign of life.

Does anyone know what fuse holder 4

is for on the psu?

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Line Up Chris said:

Tried my 4th board and still no boot up.

Have gone through all my psu's and some

hum when they switch on.

Have noticed all my -12v fuses have blown.

The one in fuse holder 4.

Put a new fuse in and it popped again.

Not sure why.

 

No sign of life.

Does anyone know what fuse holder 4

is for on the psu?

 

Cheers

Are you sure you dont have any damaged wires or burnt out crimps as very rare 4 boards and 4 psus stop working all at once

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s getting strange now got to say, I know it’s a unreliable tech but this is to a new level 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -Crest- said:

It’s getting strange now got to say, I know it’s a unreliable tech but this is to a new level 

Totally agree with you there something must be dodgy else where and I bet as hes swapping boards and psu its blowing them unfortunately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Line Up Chris Any of your M1s working? Do you want me to sending you a ESP for testing? In case it’s a Rom related issue 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure mine don’t need the stupid dongle thing but can test that in crazy cobras

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i reckon there is a faulty board which as been put with all the psu which as blown the fuse in all of them replace the fuse but dont plug the board in does does the fuse still blow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, fruit58 said:

i reckon there is a faulty board which as been put with all the psu which as blown the fuse in all of them replace the fuse but dont plug the board in does does the fuse still blow 

Yes,I put a new fuse in and it blew again.

Ran out of 1amps now so bought a couple of packs from ebay earlier.

I'll get these boards boxed up before the weekend. 

 

Do you know what F4 fuse is used for Mick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi just a thought my donkey kong doesn't have a dongle will I need one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure have a look on the back of the game card and see it if it has a small security piggy back board.

That's not your problem as to why your not getting to the 12v Relay stage. A security problem will present itself after and pop up with a message on the display

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if the dongle is not there it will say on the  alfa display contact maygay 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×