Jump to content
-Crest-

Solder Joints!

Recommended Posts

Can someone please explain to @Ben Moore the problems with these 3 Solder joints and epoch PSU mod. (Lead free btw!) 

He just doesn’t seem to understand and it’s pissing me off tbh

5E91F3DC-876E-464C-8C93-21FC0B528AA2.png

E763570A-CFA3-4E32-902F-E6AAC6D44765.png

7CAA3943-2FE4-4525-99E5-BC6147E3DC81.png

896F7808-8CD1-4B9E-A5F9-724685232887.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the first pic looks like its had lot of heat and the caps are removed to stop the house burning down and the second pic could with some flux with that solder

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would just like comment these were my first two attempts ever and they do both seem to work fine I did use lead free solder as I perfer working with this and the power supply I moded to stop it burning 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, fruit58 said:

the first pic looks like its had lot of heat and the caps are removed to stop the house burning down and the second pic could with some flux with that solder

Ok thank you will remember that next time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fruit58 said:

the first pic looks like its had lot of heat and the caps are removed to stop the house burning down and the second pic could with some flux with that solder

Yes he’s modded it just thinking about the remaining solder looks a bit dodgy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BarcrestPlayers said:

Yes he’s modded it just thinking about the remaining solder looks a bit dodgy 

You said you still have solder on your lol it does work also can we see pictures of your soldering 

Edited by Ben Moore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ben Moore said:

I would just like comment these were my first two attempts ever and they do both seem to work fine I did use lead free solder as I perfer working with this and the power supply I moded to stop it burning 

Lead-free solder does not mix well with leaded solder though. If you insist on using that lead-free tat then you have to remove as much of the old solder from a joint as possible before you remake it with lead-free.

Read the tutorial I linked to, it's very good.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ben Moore said:

You said you still have solder on your lol it does work

Yes I do I was just warning you about solder breaking off and shorting something. It just doesn’t look right, but that’s not the big issue. It’s the fact you ask for advice but can’t accept it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its nice to see you guys fixing you own boards its a ten from me

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CanonMan said:

Lead-free solder does not mix well with leaded solder though. If you insist on using that lead-free tat then you have to remove as much of the old solder from a joint as possible before you remake it with lead-free.

Read the tutorial I linked to, it's very good.

It’s Lead or Nothing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, fruit58 said:

its nice to see you guys fixing you own boards its a ten from me

Thank you it was matrix who convinced me to have a good and will remember your improvement for the future about flux how likely is it the solder would break off the power supply mod I done at least the battery wont attack the board anymore 

Edited by Ben Moore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BarcrestPlayers said:

Yes I do I was just warning you about solder breaking off and shorting something. It just doesn’t look right, but that’s not the big issue. It’s the fact you ask for advice but can’t accept it

I did accept your advice about the power supply mod 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

like the guys have said good solder is the only way oh by the way happy birhday 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fruit58 said:

its nice to see you guys fixing you own boards its a ten from me

 

5B9CE0DA-1C0E-4C40-90A1-B6FBE6DB406F.jpeg

6020EEDB-2F8A-43DB-9971-A34FCB1CA4C2.jpeg

52D0F7C2-1B4C-42AC-89EA-D2B3543615E3.jpeg

9B0241BC-2987-4F02-AEFC-DAF78B367BD7.jpeg

1DBA3375-7E19-4407-803D-CFD89C9AB9C0.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BarcrestPlayers said:

 

5B9CE0DA-1C0E-4C40-90A1-B6FBE6DB406F.jpeg

6020EEDB-2F8A-43DB-9971-A34FCB1CA4C2.jpeg

52D0F7C2-1B4C-42AC-89EA-D2B3543615E3.jpeg

9B0241BC-2987-4F02-AEFC-DAF78B367BD7.jpeg

1DBA3375-7E19-4407-803D-CFD89C9AB9C0.jpeg

Do you realy need to share private messages from Facebook online 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes

Nothing Bad or incriminating there. I’m just proving my point 

Edited by BarcrestPlayers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BarcrestPlayers said:

Yes

Ok Might off been good asking first before sharing the whole conversation I asked several people and they said different so this is why I kind of disagreed as others said it looked good

Edited by Ben Moore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ben Moore said:

Ok Might off been good asking first before sharing the whole conversation I asked several people and they said different so this is why I kind of disagreed as others said it looked good

I don’t see a problem. Just regular messages

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BarcrestPlayers said:

I don’t see a problem. Just regular messages

Anyway when can we see your soldering to judge only fair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ben Moore said:

Anyway when can we see your soldering to judge only fair

Lol. But I wasn’t judging just offering my opinion that you asked for,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BarcrestPlayers said:

Lol. But I wasn’t judging just offering my opinion that you asked for,

Ok I meant can you put your up so we can give are opinion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. And I’ve got none at the minute but when I did solder on clean boards they looked good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I do have 1 board to show 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×