barcrest boy

Mpu5 battery

Need some advice please is this the battery on the mpu5 was wondering I have a multimeter what do I need to do to see if the battery is faulty any pics or videos would be appreciated or any kind of help thanks

9B81CB10-67D8-4FBB-BDDA-82723370F469.jpeg

There are Many posts on the Mecca regarding Mpu5 batteries and replacing them.

Resetting the watchdog circuit is the difficult part after battery change, to get the board running again.

• Like 1

Changed batteries on about 8 mpu5 boards and never could get them working again, they work in very select games without the 12/2 error. Would not recommend changing the battery.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BarcrestPlayers said:

Changed batteries on about 8 mpu5 boards and never could get them working again, they work in very select games without the 12/2 error. Would not recommend changing the battery.

They work perfectly well after a battery change (as long as it is only a flat battery issue) and a reset if you know exactly what you are doing... 

If you don't have a clue, as the guy (barcrestplayers) in the above post, buy a working mpu5 and bin your old one, best way to go but much more expensive.

Edited by mavroz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mavroz said:

They work perfectly well after a battery change (as long as it is only a flat battery issue) and a reset if you know exactly what you are doing... 

If you don't have a clue, as the guy (barcrestplayers) in the above post, buy a working mpu5 and bin your old one, best way to go but much more expensive.

Tried absolutely everything. Not even Magik could solve it, he still has them all unless he’s dumped them. Just told him to keep them cause got spare working ones. Got a bargain on 10 in a lot anyways so wasn’t much of lost

Hi guys need some help please I’ve bought a multimeter but not sure how to use it can someone please show some pics or a video would be great I bought a mpu5 from eBay supposed to be from a working machine but when we plugged it in nothing happened want to learn how to test the battery to see if it’s flat when we put the old one back in with the issues we got it at least powered up and came on I’ve posted some pics of my multimeter and of the board I got any help or advice is greatly appreciated thanks

867F67DD-FB24-4654-80FC-0860562EEBBA.jpeg

B5267634-6023-4B7D-B7C0-4CAE8DF53E45.jpeg

5A3C4CC0-9847-49EB-8139-4D0DCC5D2672.jpeg

BBF3BD3D-6FA3-41AC-BF2A-72D1B8568778.jpeg

8A951EDC-5FDC-42F3-83C9-756BCE64BD54.jpeg

Would that be the 20 third down the dial on the left of the meter would the red lead go in the middle of the meter and black to the right sorry if these sound like stupid questions but never used one before thanks.

8 minutes ago, barcrest boy said:

Would that be the 20 third down the dial on the left of the meter would the red lead go in the middle of the meter and black to the right sorry if these sound like stupid questions but never used one before thanks.

I thought I could get shocked by a meter (not connected to a power source) the first time I use one 😂

• Like 1

One side of the battery, even some boards have a + sign. Just put one lead/probe on one side of the battery and one on the other. 

It doesn't matter with DC volts really, it will just show the voltage as a negative - if you get the meter leads the wrong way around.

The battery will be under load on the board also, so will show a lower voltage than a battery out of the board.

5 hours ago, barcrest boy said:

Do multimeters come with instruction books these days? The last one I bought did...

• Haha 1