nzo

Making 3D EWN - can you help?

I'm using the images for the panels, as they are quite suitable. I did plan to remove all the fruits and pay values from the panels and add them dynamically from the reel fruit sets and config for different machine setups, but the reel fruits I am using (the each way shuffle fruits) are a really good quality and better then the reel1-3.bmp you have kindly posted here.

I wonder if there's a better quality scan of the fruits for this model (I can't really use the ones in the bmp files or the ones from the panels) as they are quite artifacty (new word).

Either that or if some artist can clean them up a bit? 

You could try asking Launton. I had to lift them fruits off an old bitmap I had, because I lost the original PSD in a HD crash a number of years ago. They are exactly the same symbols as the early electromechanical JPM's. Everything else apart from the logo was drawn from scratch, so should be 150 PPI.

On 9/26/2019 at 4:12 AM, nzo said:

I wonder if there's a better quality scan of the fruits for this model (I can't really use the ones in the bmp files or the ones from the panels) as they are quite artifacty (new word).

I have just been going through my really old back up DVDS, and found the original PSD files I made, from the pics I took off my old machine. These will be easier to clean up for you. I also spotted my original photos too. (Also added)

FRUITS 1.zip

glass pics.zip

Edited by frig
Stupid keyboard missing letters out

Thanks for the extra files, but I've done some extensive work on some existing images and stripped them right down.
Actually, most of the glass work is generated dynamically at run time now (from the reel images and a font I found which is virtually identical to the JPM one).

Here's a video of the current situation. Most of the visuals on the glass are dynamic now, so I can switch between different payout structures easily and even change reel symbols and the glass would update. The sounds have been hard to find and needed a little work to make them usable.

I've restructured the code now to allow for different modes (gamble/collect, nudge etc.) so that will be the next thing to work on. I did some experiments on using light effects to simulate bulbs and that may appear in a future update. This is still the 3D version, so the reels are actual reels. I put the MK1 fruits in, but I haven't edited the reel sequence, so it may still be wrong.

It's coming on nicely:)

BTW: let me know if you want a HQ JPM logo, as I recently redrew one for one of my newer layouts. (It's a 25meg PSD )

I think I'm ok for graphics now. It might be usable if I make some kind of intro / logo when the sim starts up, so I'll have it anyway if it's going :)

cheers

2 hours ago, nzo said:

I think I'm ok for graphics now. It might be usable if I make some kind of intro / logo when the sim starts up, so I'll have it anyway if it's going :)

cheers

NP. Sent.

I can only dream of having a fraction of the Graphical / Photoshop skills needed to create something of this quality.

Looks fantastic, I really enjoy the layouts and machines you create.

Thank you.

OK, latest update.

I've finished most of the work on the bottom glass panel now (just the credit display to do). Time to start working on the top panel and nudges.
This version has chance behaviour built into the gamble based on the target payout rate. All the lights on the bottom panel are working and got some more sfx in (not the best, but not a lot around).
When the nudge function goes in, I'll add the look function which will allow the player to look into the viewport to see some more of the reels, which will make the 3D aspect of this bring it to life and add something new. If it ends up being worth the effort, then this could be an interesting VR feature.
I've also tested both the 5p and 10p play versions and the glass automatically updates all the displays for the different games and payouts.
The idea in the final game would be that there's a number of machines, all with their own "state" and the player would be able to move from machine to machine, deciding if they are paying out or not. Some will be £1 jackpot, others £2. The state of the machines could be reset / randomised and perhaps the overall goal could be to get the most out of the machines from a set starting stake - like pocket money :) and that's the driver to keep playing the sim.

• Like 2

One thing that is noticeable -  On some spins, the reels are spinning a tad too long. Apart from that, it is coming along quite nicely:)

I can fine tune the reel spins later (thanks for the feed back).

In the meantime, I've been working on the top panel and the nudge stuff. Also, I've introduced the camera a bit more considering it's 3D and all.

So, the camera can move to the focus of what's going on; in this example, the nudge option starts. I've also added some code for looking at the mouse pointer in the 3D world (the cube you see moving about). This will be so you can interact with the sim in 3D with the mouse instead of keyboard (and later maybe VR).

• Like 2