Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
richardpen

Rose And Crown by BFM?

Recommended Posts

Hope this is the correct place to put this question.

I am currently going through layouts I hav e accumilated over the years in MFME5.1 to transfer them to the new format so eventually I can run everything in v19.  It is becoming a very interesting task.  Coming accross all sorts of games I had forgotten about and even some I have never played before.

I have come accross the above game which is a blank game - reels are just numbered and no visual work appears to have been done.  However, it seems all keyboard shortcuts have been applied so I gave it a go.  After sticking around £15 in it and nothing much happened, I got 4 nudges.  On the previous game I had held reels 2 and 3 as recommended by the machine.  The win potential win in question must have been a 27 way win by the way the lights were flashing.  So nudged reel 1 4 times then it played a jackpot tune and repeated two or three times.  A few spins later got another jackpot and then a few spins after that got a £2.40 + repeat.

I've checked in my emulation folder and I only have the one version of the game - the folder notes it is a beta version.  The files in the folder indicate it was released or originally created in November 2005.

Does anyone remember this layout and if it was ever finished? 

Thanks.

image.thumb.png.4620db0091912fd12b0775934e4623cf.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only version done is the Dutch version like Barcrest Junky has shown above.  The UK version, which I assume is the one originally shown, hasn't been done.  Got a picture of the UK version.  Came from riche100 originally.

Rose & Crown.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had one of them. I got the glasses and reels when i worked at BFM and converted a "Live wire" that was in bits. I THINK its a Diamonds and Rubies clone. There were a few like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 10:04 PM, barcrest junky said:

First dutch machine i ever worked on. BFM did shit loads of dutch machines. This one was on the production line in (i think 1992). The biggest seller was Club 2000. We made thosands of them, we even did rebuilds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Player said:

First dutch machine i ever worked on. BFM did shit loads of dutch machines. This one was on the production line in (i think 1992). The biggest seller was Club 2000. We made thosands of them, we even did rebuilds.

I looked up some details for you (source: Dutch Game License publication):
Dutch distributor: Elam Group
License number: TK0584
Date of License: February 8, 1994

🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rogier said:

I looked up some details for you (source: Dutch Game License publication):
Dutch distributor: Elam Group
License number: TK0584
Date of License: February 8, 1994

🙂

Was that for Rose & Crown? I did work experence there in 1992. I strated there in 1994 so could have confused the dates :). I do remember it on the shop floor though. remenber them all......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Player said:

Was that for Rose & Crown? I did work experence there in 1992. I strated there in 1994 so could have confused the dates :). I do remember it on the shop floor though. remenber them all......

Yes that is the License information for Rose and Crown, this is accurate info as the source is from the Govern License registration (by the Ministry of Economic Affairs).
It could be that production was started in 1993?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rogier said:

Yes that is the License information for Rose and Crown, this is accurate info as the source is from the Govern License registration (by the Ministry of Economic Affairs).
It could be that production was started in 1993?

No would have been 1994 then :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Player said:

No would have been 1994 then :)

Time flies my friend... 😟 🙂🙃😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Rogier said:

Time flies my friend... 😟 🙂🙃😎

I know. I had my 25 year anniversary a couple of weeks ago :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all your replies.  I presume the blank one I have is the UK one as there is no attempt by the game to go to upper reels.

Thanks for the links to the dutch game, I do try the Dutch/German games from time to time some of them I struggle with a bit, I understand the logic of collecting points then playing the points for cash but some I've played just seem to continually give credits and there doesn't seem to be a way of winning cash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes the blank one is the English version.

I started this a few years ago and may still have the old w.i.p for it. I'll have a look for it and report back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2019 at 12:27 PM, richardpen said:

Thanks for all your replies.  I presume the blank one I have is the UK one as there is no attempt by the game to go to upper reels.

Thanks for the links to the dutch game, I do try the Dutch/German games from time to time some of them I struggle with a bit, I understand the logic of collecting points then playing the points for cash but some I've played just seem to continually give credits and there doesn't seem to be a way of winning cash.

On the dutch games think of the points as credits. Once you go to the top reels the stakes increase but so do the wins. It's a glorified gamble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was an earlier version of Rose & Crown (UK). Came out after Diamonds and Rubies and was in the same cabinet. Didn't have any 'advice' on it, like this one and was a £4 jackpot.

Amazingly volatile machines these. They would happily go for ages without anything, then repeat 10 times on the jackpot etc. Loved them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×