BarcrestPlayers

JPM Impact Power Supply

18 minutes ago, MattyL said:

You can't buy then no... it's hardwear with a jpm program running on it... it's what happens they lose the program. It's worth keeping the boards though.

Alternatively if those chips work you'll come across a board where they have failed at some point. Keep the boards I'll hopefully know more in the future. There's no data on fixing the boards around sadly

That’s a Shame 😕 I’ll try different chips on the board, but not got high hopes. Yes won’t be dumping (I don’t dump anything lol) but not much use to me as they are. 

I have a tested working impact 3 psu and loads of impact 1 main boards as well as a couple of impact 3 main boards but I might hang on the 2 newer techs

• Like 1

I will actually try to change out the PSU in my impact Indiana Jones with a brand new power supply. It is not a problem to find one with 5v, 12v, and 24v, so the only thing missing is the 50v. Aliexpress has several of them: https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20190822052012&SearchText=50v+psu&switch_new_app=y

Cutting the wires and soldering on new ones is done in 15 minutes, so if you have machines that you know you will keep, then you may consider this as a solution as well, since the old impact PSU's are some grumpy old farts (some times..).

• Like 1

I'm wondering if the voltage reg has packed up.power a good board and check pin outs with a meter and compare readings.at least then it not damage anymore boards.

• Thanks 1