frig

Hi-Lights DX

Hi Guys

After setting up a working alpha version of this classic 1981 MPU2 game, making reels and testing. HI-LIGHTS_1.thumb.jpg.c9311b0f2b16b052356194627ed0e499.jpg

Yesterday I started putting together a DX.

started-layout.thumb.jpg.9dca1a203c484ef140ed36dd7f22646e.jpg

Hopefully this should be ready for testing by the end of the week.

A quick thanks to Lauton for his symbol scans and Pete W for his great pics:)

• Like 1

Well After day 3, I have almost finished the bottom glass. Only the reel windows to do, which I know is going to be a pain, and then I can do the top glass.

day3.thumb.png.02ed1ee1c0393f98b67824021b17fcd3.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That looks very, very good Frig! :clap:

Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing this done.

Well after day 4 there is only the top glass to redraw now. I just hope I can find a matching font for the big HI-LIGHTS logo.

day4.thumb.png.553de50e7a5d679b2170ddcb2a429e72.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, frig said:

I just hope I can find a matching font for the big HI-LIGHTS logo

I've been copying liveries for old chocolate machines recently and there is a quite smart font detection system (upload a picture type)

at www.myfonts.com which is owned by industry giant Monotype. I was surprised how accurate it was even with pictures of rusty

machines at funny angles.

They try and flog you the font of course, at silly prices, BUT, you can generate samples to your text on screen so I simply generated the text in the exact

size and colour I wanted and copied them off the website using right click + save :). Whatever you see on screen - and you can go big, say 70pts, it will actually generate it almost double the size when you save it off so can be scaled quite a bit without getting pixelated.

They have every font you could imagine going back 100 years or so. It's ace.

Nice work btw above.

Edited by Sir Dunelm Mill QVC
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Sir Dunelm Mill QVC said:

I've been copying liveries for old chocolate machines recently and there is a quite smart font detection system (upload a picture type)

at www.myfonts.com which is owned by industry giant Monotype. I was surprised how accurate it was even with pictures of rusty

machines at funny angles.

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already tried that site whilst looking for some of the other fonts I used. It is good for naming the font, then all you have to do is pop over to fontsgeek - pop the name in to the search, and download the font for free.

Problem solved now. It took over  4 hours, but I managed to remake the logo out of one of the pics Pete W sent me.

Edited by frig
Update
  • Like 1

After a very long 5th day, I have finally finished the graphics:) On schedule for a weekend release!

950384543_Hi-Lightsfinal.thumb.png.ffa266594b6c48c1abf2864ca587a6c6.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, shaun2097 said:

that looks bloody awesome....

I second that🤗

• Like 1

Brilliant. Worth your efforts!

Way before my time, but boy you've certainly got a knack for these dxs especially without any art to start with, pure dedication to the cause.