BarcrestPlayers

1984 MPU3 Naughty but Nice

Restoration *attempt* I was given this machine by CJ on here thank you to him 👍 

This is my first MPU3 I ever owned so will be a good project hopefully I can restore but it may be a bit out of my league I will try my best. First I got to start with the cosmetics so I think the current plan is to strip everything out of it clean the parts up, repair etc. This is gonna a long project! 

Any advice that any one could give me would be most appreciated, or just want to leave your thoughts that ok to :)  

The machines current condition as photoed (Before) will be posting updates along the way. Wish me luck lol

8C6A64AB-BA08-4A6A-B632-67A3D01E385A.jpeg

6884613A-2606-41F0-B027-8C3BCBDB0206.jpeg

86177763-78DD-4DDF-84F5-E09247C63372.jpeg

1D68D552-BBFE-4436-B755-3FB9A9557C0B.jpeg

C3CBCDE0-4FE8-4E88-9BD8-62F18FAB6FEA.jpeg

484C4330-6869-42DC-8C5F-0B898638D7B0.jpeg

Edited by BarcrestPlayers
Typos, typos and more typos!

58 minutes ago, BarcrestPlayers said:

This is my first MPU3 I ever owned so will be a good project hopefully I can restore but it may be a bit out of my league I will try my best. First I got to start with the cosmetics so I think the current plan is to strip everything out of it clean the parts up, repair etc. This is gonna a long project! 

Any advice that any one could give me would be most appreciated, or just want to leave your thoughts that ok to :)  

The machines current condition as photoed (Before) will be posting updates along the way. Wish me luck lol

Is that an electrical mechanical or all boards

34 minutes ago, Ben Moore said:

Is that an electrical mechanical or all boards

He’s a video of a working one 

(Not mine of course lol)

35 minutes ago, BarcrestPlayers said:

MPU3 Barcrest. It’s MPU/circut board based 

Ok thank you as rells like kind of similar to my electrical mechanical so couldn't of been long after transfer period 

That guy told his bitch to shut up whilst he was playing his machine LOL

And why does Ben have to quote the whole fucking post with pictures to ask a simple question ? Amateur.

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Ben Moore said:

Ok thank you as rells like kind of similar to my electrical mechanical so couldn't of been long after transfer period 

Look similar are quite different. MPU2 and MPU3 motor reels are the same, so this being 1984 it would be about 4 years after Barcrest when fully MPU based. Type in MPU1 fruit machine on YouTube 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Line Up Chris said:

That's a nice machine Darren.

I hope your project is a massive success mate

👍👍👍👍

Hope so to! Your video you done will be of help 👍

1 hour ago, quattrohead said:

That guy told his bitch to shut up whilst he was playing his machine LOL

And why does Ben have to quote the whole fucking post with pictures to ask a simple question ? Amateur.

Shut up lol it's so they see who my comments directed too I don't why I done it realy lol I think I just done it not to confuse myself 

Edited by Ben Moore

52 minutes ago, BarcrestPlayers said:

Look similar are quite different. MPU2 and MPU3 motor reels are the same, so this being 1984 it would be about 4 years after Barcrest when fully MPU based. Type in MPU1 fruit machine on YouTube 

Ok will do later

Edited by Ben Moore

This forum has been running for nearly 20 years and there are countless posts from the past about these machines and pretty much all others. Please make the effort to search and read some of the older posts, there is a ton of useful info in them. You might even enjoy it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Wizard said:

This forum has been running for nearly 20 years and there are countless posts from the past about these machines and pretty much all others. Please make the effort to search and read some of the older posts, there is a ton of useful info in them. You might even enjoy it.

I have checked over quite a few posts on here and enjoy doing so, the search system doesn’t seem to work to well. With my experience ;) 

I have to agree, the search went all to shit when the forum was migrated to this software, I can't find crap and my old brain cells need all the help they can get these days.

Maybe the content isn't indexed properly.

Thank god for google, I would be dumb as a bag of rocks without it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, quattrohead said:

I have to agree, the search went all to shit when the forum was migrated to this software, I can't find crap and my old brain cells need all the help they can get these days.

Maybe the content isn't indexed properly.

Thank god for google, I would be dumb as a bag of rocks without it.

and don't forget ALL the gallery content since about 2014 went too! I guess the developers just decided forums don't need that anymore either along with the search facility! so we are now stuck with a old empty wooden pusher case which by  now has either been eaten away by woodworm, or scrapped! but we MUST have to see it EVERY DAY, technology IS actually going backwards now!

7 hours ago, BarcrestPlayers said:

Nice machine!

The entire fucking post was attached for the benefit of @quattrohead, in case he missed it! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3