warlord

glass artwork help needed

Hi guys.Been chatting with shades graphics,and to print a glass is just too expensive.So i came up with an idea.I suggested printing it on a thin clear sheet like a pinball translite.Now for this a photo is not good enough at any resolution and my glass has too much damage to re-create.So im asking a massive favor that if anyone already has a scan or can scan a good glass so they can print from it.This will still be expensive but within reach to save the machine.The idea then is to use 3mm glass on front and 3mm perspex on back and trap the artwork between the 2.The lamp mask will then stick to the perspex and job done.If anyone can help with this and it works i will reward the person for their efforts.Many thanks all,i think this is my last shot at saving this rare machine.This is the its a knockout

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, warlord said:

Hi guys.Been chatting with shades graphics,and to print a glass is just too expensive.So i came up with an idea.I suggested printing it on a thin clear sheet like a pinball translite.Now for this a photo is not good enough at any resolution and my glass has too much damage to re-create.So im asking a massive favor that if anyone already has a scan or can scan a good glass so they can print from it.This will still be expensive but within reach to save the machine.The idea then is to use 3mm glass on front and 3mm perspex on back and trap the artwork between the 2.The lamp mask will then stick to the perspex and job done.If anyone can help with this and it works i will reward the person for their efforts.Many thanks all,i think this is my last shot at saving this rare machine.This is the its a knockout

If you don't mind can we see pictures of it's a knockout glass in question as may be able to help with a solution 

you dont need to have it printed on translate .. asfar as i am aware the snappy artwork used on a frankenfruit was just on a good quality vinyl  . it was sandwiched between a 2mm and 3mm bit of glass and the light shines through where it needs to without issue 

on a side note ( i know of a showman with a shed or 2 full of maygay machines , ive been waiting a few years for him to get back to me, so soon as i hear from him i can find out if he has a knockout)   cant give you a timeframe just letting you know

10888263_10153545314849741_1829486653_n.jpg

10888263_10153545314849741_182933486653_n.jpg

IMG-20150125-01159.jpg

IMG-20150125-01165.jpg

IMG-20150126-01171.jpg

IMG-20150126-01172.jpg

IMG-20150126-01173.jpg

msg-3536-0-01395600-1429640279.jpg

msg-3536-0-99701600-1429641377.jpg

P1040317.JPG

P1040321.JPG

P1040322.JPG

P1040323.JPG

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, riche100 said:

you dont need to have it printed on translate .. asfar as i am aware the snappy artwork used on a frankenfruit was just on a good quality vinyl  . it was sandwiched between a 2mm and 3mm bit of glass and the light shines through where it needs to without issue 

on a side note ( i know of a showman with a shed or 2 full of maygay machines , ive been waiting a few years for him to get back to me, so soon as i hear from him i can find out if he has a knockout)   cant give you a timeframe just letting you know

10888263_10153545314849741_1829486653_n.jpg

10888263_10153545314849741_182933486653_n.jpg

IMG-20150125-01159.jpg

IMG-20150125-01165.jpg

IMG-20150126-01171.jpg

IMG-20150126-01172.jpg

IMG-20150126-01173.jpg

msg-3536-0-01395600-1429640279.jpg

msg-3536-0-99701600-1429641377.jpg

P1040317.JPG

P1040321.JPG

P1040322.JPG

P1040323.JPG

thanks rich,that would be great.But sounds like it wont be anytime soon

• Like 1

could be tomorrow  . who knows if you cant wait and find a alternative solution no worries 

• Like 1

Always open to offers of help.Thanks rich.Been struggling with this as you know

Love Its a Knockout.

Hope you can sort it.

The job becomes a bit more difficult 

though if it has mirror silver effect on.

Something I wish I could go back to...

Silk screen printing.

It's such an expensive  process though.

On 5/11/2019 at 7:13 PM, riche100 said:

could be tomorrow  . who knows if you cant wait and find a alternative solution no worries 

Great job there rich,dont matter what its printed on,i need a good scan to start with

9 hours ago, warlord said:

Great job there rich,dont matter what its printed on,i need a good scan to start with

you dont need a scan , it can be done from photographs . 

if i was you , stick the machine in the naughty corner and wait for a glass to show up , one will .... or do a deal where the money comes easy and you can treat the machine to the glass by whatever means  , if it means that much to you 

( have you contacted dave mr p yet ? ) with over 600+ machines and the same machine you have on the shop floor i am sure he has a spare or 2 , he might not have but worth a shot / chance . 

good luck 

1 hour ago, riche100 said:

you dont need a scan , it can be done from photographs . 

if i was you , stick the machine in the naughty corner and wait for a glass to show up , one will .... or do a deal where the money comes easy and you can treat the machine to the glass by whatever means  , if it means that much to you 

( have you contacted dave mr p yet ? ) with over 600+ machines and the same machine you have on the shop floor i am sure he has a spare or 2 , he might not have but worth a shot / chance . 

good luck 

Yea emailed him but never replied

18 minutes ago, warlord said:

Yea emailed him but never replied

why just try email ? 

4 hours ago, riche100 said:

why just try email ? 

Dont know the guy.dont like to ring out the blue dude

10 minutes ago, warlord said:

Dont know the guy.dont like to ring out the blue dude

so you only ring people you know ? 

come on ???????????????????

more than one way to contact  a person these days too , he is a businessman with multipul arcades and websites etc . cant be that hard to contact him 

write him a letter or send smoke signals haha , your not making the effort simon 

Posted (edited)

Do you have an email or website for Dave Mr P please as would like to ask if he has a Simpsons maygay m1a bottom glass too please 

Edited by Ben Moore

Simple! Search Mr P's classic amusements

Click on the website icon then

Click on contact us!

Dave is usually very busy though,but you should

get an email from him if you leave a message.

Or if you visit his arcade in Bognor,you could speak

to him direct as that would probably be the best bet tbh.

It's a nice arcade too.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Line Up Chris said:

Click on contact us!

It's a nice arcade 

Ok thank you will try messaging him first

2 hours ago, Line Up Chris said:

Click on contact us!

It's a nice arcade too.

Done that dude,will see

This all depends too which length you are willing too go to..

Too get what you need or think you need 

After so many posts about people wanting glass or glasses..

Sometimes going that extra mile may pay off!

29 minutes ago, Joe1 said:

This all depends too which length you are willing too go to..

Too get what you need or think you need 

After so many posts about people wanting glass or glasses..

Sometimes going that extra mile may pay off!

Well i hope it does,but so far 7 months and nothing.I sent email through his web site and it dont even confirm its sent,no phone number,im not phsycic and for shades to do it they need a scan of a good glass.Photos as i said will not do it.

Mr p has answered.i know he is very busy but he said he has a good few glasses and he will help if he can,i really hope he can.But he also said his memory is like a hard drive (so i presume very good) and he dont recall seeing one.Fingers crossed,but im very happy he is willing to help.Many thanks mr p.you are a star

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, warlord said:

Mr p has answered.i know he is very busy but he said he has a good few glasses and he will help if he can,i really hope he can.But he also said his memory is like a hard drive (so i presume very good) and he dont recall seeing one.Fingers crossed,but im very happy he is willing to help.Many thanks mr p.you are a star

What email did you use please as havnt got an answer yet about a Simpsons glass unless he hasn't seen it yet

Go on mr p website and go to contact,email through that.he has 3 or 4 big arcades full of old fruities so im guessing they keep him busy.

7 hours ago, warlord said:

Go on mr p website and go to contact,email through that.he has 3 or 4 big arcades full of old fruities so im guessing they keep him busy.

Ok thank you will be patient for a reply then