Sign in to follow this  
Eastenders

Bell fruit electromechanical

Hi if a bell fruit electromechanical turns on but dont register a coin but then you press a button on one of the relays then the reels turn around how would it be fixed properly so a coin does register ? How would you clean the contacts if thats whats needed ?

First try ALL the coin switches by hand, the wire that the coins push down once through the mech may not be getting pushed down far enough to make the switch work.

this will also test all or if any are actually working.

If you got that for £11 you have done bloody well.looks tidy that.just give it a service and check connectors

22 hours ago, BF74 said:

First try ALL the coin switches by hand, the wire that the coins push down once through the mech may not be getting pushed down far enough to make the switch work.

this will also test all or if any are actually working.

Where abouts are the coin switches ?

2 hours ago, Eastenders said:

Where abouts are the coin switches ?

Here is a coin mech out of a Bell Fruit electro. the switch is marked with yellow arrow, it's the thin wire from that white plastic bit on that switch which is tripped by coins dropping out the bottom of the mech. The wire can be tripped by hand too, If none of the switches on all the mechs still don't work then looking for another fault. the switch may not be black and could be blue even red in colour.

electro coin mech with switch.jpg

I thought the coin switch would of been one of those busy b switches with the lever and If you press it down manually you will get credits , can you please point out this white plasitic bit and the thin wire please , how can this wire be tripped by hand and does that mean the mech will take coins again ? Thanks

look at the blue arrow chris just pull it down with your finger

274963114_electrocoinmechwithswitch.jpg.aed1aabf500a149a3cfba9e1f005fd57.jpg

Eastenders if you need help drop me a message and I can try explain it too you as there the same as my electrical mechanical machine I have

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Eastenders said:

I thought the coin switch would of been one of those busy b switches with the lever and If you press it down manually you will get credits , can you please point out this white plasitic bit and the thin wire please , how can this wire be tripped by hand and does that mean the mech will take coins again ? Thanks

That's right they are the busy bee type and could be a different colour however if it's a later electro mech it could have the anti strim black plastic cover fitted to the back of the mechs in which case the coin switch will be hidden within the black cover.

Any pictures of the machine and inside the back would be a great help to identify.

Edited by BF74

Sign in to follow this