MPU4 - ROAD HOG CHARACTER hack

Posted (edited)

Do you want to sell that Road Hog Machine? :D

Edited by RoadHogMad
Retarded
  • Haha 2

Haha... not a chance mate!

• Haha 1

I had one years ago, paid £50 for it from Liverpool, sold it a year later for around £100, wish i'd kept it!

• Sad 1

Replying about the lamp matrix ANDREW96.  well to be honest this was supposed to have a lamp matrix i think from these ones. So best thing is for me to try something later released im doing ANDY CAP for popeye when i get back weekend. That was after road hog then maybe ohh agh dracular to end with

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jane.sharpe7 said:

Replying about the lamp matrix ANDREW96.  well to be honest this was supposed to have a lamp matrix i think from these ones. So best thing is for me to try something later released im doing ANDY CAP for popeye when i get back weekend. That was after road hog then maybe ohh agh dracular to end with

ah right, as far as I know the reason why mpu4 chr chips cannot be copied (at the moment) is because they contain registered logic, now when the program code starts it puts a code to the chr and sees what comes back and matches it with a table in the rom, that bit I proved with my fluke 9010 interrogating the GAL address, but then (which I am not sure on what the code is) it switches over a flip flop which is the lamp map and runs that for lamp positions, this flip flop is why they are not easily crack-able! if it was just combinational logic I have recreated the code to do this to emulate the GAL code. this is why I am so interested in this lamp map I hear about!!

good work by the way!

17 minutes ago, Andrew96_ said:

ah right, as far as I know the reason why mpu4 chr chips cannot be copied (at the moment) is because they contain registered logic, now when the program code starts it puts a code to the chr and sees what comes back and matches it with a table in the rom, that bit I proved with my fluke 9010 interrogating the GAL address, but then (which I am not sure on what the code is) it switches over a flip flop which is the lamp map and runs that for lamp positions, this flip flop is why they are not easily crack-able! if it was just combinational logic I have recreated the code to do this to emulate the GAL code. this is why I am so interested in this lamp map I hear about!!

good work by the way!

tbh It's a 5 minute job to remove the chr and checksum code from the ROMs. But if it has the lamp scrambling more work is needed, first you need the values that are used to do the scrambling there are only 8 and a fixed sequence is used to get them from the chr chip. You'd then need to add a lookup table to the ROM and extract these values at the appropriate time.

I don't condone the removal of the checksumming code as any corruption of the ROMs would likely result in a lock up or solenoids sticking on

12 minutes ago, Wizard said:

tbh It's a 5 minute job to remove the chr and checksum code from the ROMs. But if it has the lamp scrambling more work is needed, first you need the values that are used to do the scrambling there are only 8 and a fixed sequence is used to get them from the chr chip. You'd then need to add a lookup table to the ROM and extract these values at the appropriate time.

I don't condone the removal of the checksumming code as any corruption of the ROMs would likely result in a lock up or solenoids sticking on

Isn't the lamp scrambling only in BWB software?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Player said:

Isn't the lamp scrambling only in BWB software?

No it's only in MPU4 actually

BWB uses it for options and also has a percentage check

Edited by Wizard
  • Like 1

So u mean you done the 26 to 20 next to the c501. Because i havent done these. Yes it needs tge checksum done as well i done both in road hog

19 minutes ago, RoadHogMad said:

What will the 'hack' achieve? 

Allows you to run a game without having the proper chr chip installed.

its not about hacking any think :D

in my book its about saving machines that are missing the one piece of software that means there game could be lost for ever :whistle:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stonyat421 said:

in my book its about saving machines that are missing the one piece of software that means there game could be lost for ever :whistle:

Couldn't have put it any better myself mate 😁

2 hours ago, stonyat421 said:

yep