Amot

Crackpot/potluck

Hi would anyone have a mpu4 gamecard for potluck or crackpot or the chr chip m418 in there spares that they'd be willing to sell cheers tony 20190303_172947.thumb.jpg.7bb88ea4518cee2b720df0e1703bac15.jpg

I have a complete restored machine in as new condition if interested

Cheers warlord I've got potluck and picked crackpot up other day minus its gamecard hence the request cheers

You might be struggling as the security chip has to be compatable.

Ok so what about the lamp mapping table that's also in the mpu4 chr chip? how do you get round that so the lamps are in the right place?

Are the posts from the guy who hacks chr chips regarding mpu3 and not mpu4 anyway? I may have read that mpu3 are far easier than mpu4 I think.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, mavroz said:

Are the posts from the guy who hacks chr chips regarding mpu3 and not mpu4 anyway? I may have read that mpu3 are far easier than mpu4 I think.

Yes mpu3 chr is crackable, but not mpu4 unless someone know something more than I do! That’s how I understood it too

Edited by Andrew96_
  • Like 1

The chr chip doesn't have to be cracked just by passed surely ?if someone clever enough can hack roms then they can tell re write the code to ignore the check or at least that's how I understand it .by no means easy but a few on here can do it !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sulzerned said:

The chr chip doesn't have to be cracked just by passed surely ?if someone clever enough can hack roms then they can tell re write the code to ignore the check or at least that's how I understand it .by no means easy but a few on here can do it !

Yes, maybe wrong words from me using cracked. The rom can be hacked, which in think was done on the mpu3 games but I understand it is more complicated to edit mpu4 roms to bypass the chr checks as it looks in more than one 

Also as Andrew said some chr chips (I remember BWB) store lamping positions in the Chr so it couldn't be bypassed anyway.

Bit beyond me but I have read and been told that mpu4 is very intricate and after all the chr is a security feature that they make difficult to tinker with the more modern the tech becomes.

• Like 1

Hi please don't shoot the messenger lol I don't know enough to contribute intelligently regarding roms chr chips etc .i sent v1.2 crackpot to the guy, hes sent me these files back with his instructions I'm not going to be able to test for at least a week due to work commitments so if anyone wants to try these or compare the original files to the modded ones feel free. I've asked his permission to post on here and hes good with it cheers Tony.

Screenshot_20190312-194847_Messenger.jpg

HACKED-ROMS-CRACKPOT.zip

m4crkpot.zip

• Like 2

Good news, hopefully they will run for you.

Worth a pop nothing to lose!

Give them a blast let us know how you get on👍

im the guy that has hacked mpu4 and it all early mpu4's are PISS EASY. in early crests they did not MAP THE LAMPS. i have a barcrest " WAY IN"  with 2 program cards i hacked with NO CHARACTERS in them (no lamp problems), many people can back me up TONY SCOTT burned them for me and i hacked them sent them to him and he burned them and tested them in the machine before posting to me. Now when i say "hack character" i mean early mpu4s not later games. i believe i couldnt do road hog. that could be when the LAMP MAPPING started.

... But i done the following

SMASH AND GRAB (no character/ checksum hacked/ all cash no tokens/ changed 3 quid to 4 quid jackpot)

WAY IN  (no character/ checksum hacked/ all cash no tokens/ changed 3 quid to 4 quid jackpot)

HIT THE TOP  (no character/ checksum hacked/ all cash no tokens/ changed 3 quid to 4 quid jackpot)

TOP GEARS    (no character/ checksum hacked/ all cash no tokens/ changed 3 quid to 4 quid jackpot)

BREAK AND TAKE    (no character/ checksum hacked/ all cash no tokens/ changed 3 quid to 4 quid jackpot)

and STOP THE CLOCK     (hacked character but all cash is in rom 3 and for some reason ROM 3 checksum alarm keeps going)

i have had programs that even after the HACK still needed any character in it, any would do. it just needed a chip in it. now i havent garanteed ANTHONY that this crackpot will work incase it dont but i dont see why it wont its the same date as the others  above.

HOW DID I FIND OUT HOW TO DO IT????  because i compared BREAK AND TAKE to CRACK THE NUT and bit by bit i changed to see what things done. when i changed "26" to "20" next to a code that said C501 in ROM 1 of all old crests it ran with no checksum and no character. (i think the C501 comes up twice. if so its the "26" next to "16" out of the two of them)

basically CRACK THE NUT doesnt need a CHARACTER so i found it thanks to that.

HOW DID I FIND OUT HOW TO DO ALL CASH and overide TOKENS

in STOP THE CLOCK and BEAT THE CLOCK (same game just 4 quid instead of 3 quid and  £2 before tokens instead of £1.50)   this program showed me where the cash before token limit was and the jackpot . change the TOKEN LIMIT from 14 to 28 and it pays all cash.  "28" is £4 jackpot (i forget what 3 quid is off the top of my head)  £1.50 is "OF" and "OA" is a quid. 

i also learned from stop the clock how to do ALL POUND PAYOUT instead of 50p's but for some reason this trick dont work in WAY IN but does the others

forgive my writting i know its terrible,  message me on facebook incase i dont come here. lately i havent been on here much but anthony told me about this post. i will talk people through it over the phone so you can easily do this yourselves.  i hope his crackpot works. like i say i've had the odd ones play up (but rarely). ive done loads of them, 

remember i cant do later ones, your right they used a completly different approach to the later machines.

JAMES SHARPE 

49380682_10155954478521245_4407569776449159168_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

so in above photo you search for C501 you can see 26 next to 16.   change the 26 to 20 and nearly all early crests ive done work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jane.sharpe7 said:

im the guy that has hacked mpu4 and it all early mpu4's are PISS EASY. in early crests they did not MAP THE LAMPS. i have a barcrest " WAY IN"  with 2 program cards i hacked with NO CHARACTERS in them (no lamp problems), many people can back me up TONY SCOTT burned them for me and i hacked them sent them to him and he burned them and tested them in the machine before posting to me. Now when i say "hack character" i mean early mpu4s not later games. i believe i couldnt do road hog. that could be when the LAMP MAPPING started.

... But i done the following

SMASH AND GRAB (no character/ checksum hacked/ all cash no tokens/ changed 3 quid to 4 quid jackpot)

WAY IN  (no character/ checksum hacked/ all cash no tokens/ changed 3 quid to 4 quid jackpot)

HIT THE TOP  (no character/ checksum hacked/ all cash no tokens/ changed 3 quid to 4 quid jackpot)

TOP GEARS    (no character/ checksum hacked/ all cash no tokens/ changed 3 quid to 4 quid jackpot)

BREAK AND TAKE    (no character/ checksum hacked/ all cash no tokens/ changed 3 quid to 4 quid jackpot)

and STOP THE CLOCK     (hacked character but all cash is in rom 3 and for some reason ROM 3 checksum alarm keeps going)

i have had programs that even after the HACK still needed any character in it, any would do. it just needed a chip in it. now i havent garanteed ANTHONY that this crackpot will work incase it dont but i dont see why it wont its the same date as the others  above.

HOW DID I FIND OUT HOW TO DO IT????  because i compared BREAK AND TAKE to CRACK THE NUT and bit by bit i changed to see what things done. when i changed "26" to "20" next to a code that said C501 in ROM 1 of all old crests it ran with no checksum and no character. (i think the C501 comes up twice. if so its the "26" next to "16" out of the two of them)

basically CRACK THE NUT doesnt need a CHARACTER so i found it thanks to that.

HOW DID I FIND OUT HOW TO DO ALL CASH and overide TOKENS

in STOP THE CLOCK and BEAT THE CLOCK (same game just 4 quid instead of 3 quid and  £2 before tokens instead of £1.50)   this program showed me where the cash before token limit was and the jackpot . change the TOKEN LIMIT from 14 to 28 and it pays all cash.  "28" is £4 jackpot (i forget what 3 quid is off the top of my head)  £1.50 is "OF" and "OA" is a quid. 

i also learned from stop the clock how to do ALL POUND PAYOUT instead of 50p's but for some reason this trick dont work in WAY IN but does the others

forgive my writting i know its terrible,  message me on facebook incase i dont come here. lately i havent been on here much but anthony told me about this post. i will talk people through it over the phone so you can easily do this yourselves.  i hope his crackpot works. like i say i've had the odd ones play up (but rarely). ive done loads of them, 

remember i cant do later ones, your right they used a completly different approach to the later machines.

JAMES SHARPE 

49380682_10155954478521245_4407569776449159168_n.jpg

Makers perfect sense to me, the hex that is, its one of the only things i know a little about,  oh the days of the 12c508 :)  i wonder if my old vx tools still works and i can have a little investigation into this.  Thank you for sharing your investigations & findings and roms.  

Very interesting and exciting stuff, sorry for quoting could not get rid of it.  

My BWB Calimira club (1998) will boot and go into lamp test without its CHR and everything seems to work fine in test mode. So it’s confusing when people mention the lamps unless it’s only on centain machines.? 

Well done super work hat's off too you

Hoping someone can advise me on this am I restricted to using the small type gamecard on crackpot I'd got a feeling I'd read somewhere these early mpu4s couldn't read the newer larger cards any help greatly appreciated cheers tony 

14 hours ago, Amot said:

Hoping someone can advise me on this am I restricted to using the small type gamecard on crackpot I'd got a feeling I'd read somewhere these early mpu4s couldn't read the newer larger cards any help greatly appreciated cheers tony 

99% sure that is correct about the card,, only the small one